I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Radcliff, KY, between March 18th and 23rd. Although the check-in by John was efficient and I was given a gift bag for being a Priority Club Member, things went steadily downhill from there. I checked in at just after 11:30 pm on a Sunday night and went straight to bed. What I didn't notice was that there was lettuce and food scraps on my carpet by the chair in the corner. At approximately 7:15 Monday morning I asked for a Manager on Duty and was told one was not present. I showed the food scraps on the floor to the staff member and she told me it would be taken care of. When I returned to my room at 5:30 pm that afternoon the food scraps were still on the carpet. Once again I asked for a Manager on Duty and was told one was not present. The front desk staff called one of the managers, JB, and he advised me that I would be given some additional Priority Club Points for this issue, which he did provide to me the following day. On Thursday afternoon of my stay I went to the front desk at approximately 5:30 pm to make some future reservations. There were two people in front of me and only one staff member behind the desk. I noticed that one of the managers was leaving his office at this time and he did not offer to assist the front desk staff. Later in the afternoon I let the front desk know that I had lost two quarters in the dryer on the second floor. When I asked the front desk staff if there was a Manager on Duty she replied that she is alone after 5 pm and there is also no maintenance staff available. In the years that I have traveled and worked in the hospitality industry I have never been in a hotel where the Managers disappear and there is no maintenance staff available during the evening hours. I would not recommend this hotel due to the failure of the owners and management to properly staff the hotel so that the customer's needs are being met.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Radcliff Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Radcliff Hotel Radcliff
- Holiday Inn Radcliff
- Radcliff Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Radcliff, KY near Fort Knox. We're confident that you'll enjoy a comfortable stay in our comfortable rooms which offer premium amenities and a convenient location right off of Hwys 31-W & 313 (Joe Prather Hwy). Families will love exploring Fort Duffield, Armor Unit Memorial Park and the Patton Museum of Calvary and Armor located at Fort Knox, just a few miles from our hotel. Our hotel is located close to area shopping, including the Radcliff Antique Mall and the Towne Mall in Elizabethtown, seven miles south. Our hotel is also ideal for business travelers due to its convenient location near area businesses including Cardinal Health, Akebono, Hardin Memorial Hospital, UPS, Windstream, Accumetric and Altec. We are also in close proximity to several first-class golf courses. Free breakfast, a heated indoor swimming pool, small meeting room, and a 24-hour business center are among the many amenities our Radcliff hotel provides to make your business trip productive and comfortable. Book your reservation today and enjoy our excellent Radcliff hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Radcliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.