“GREAT PLACE TO STAY.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Knox Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Radcliff
Fort Knox Inn
You added Fort Knox Inn to your Saves list
1400 N. Dixie Blvd., Radcliff, KY 40160   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Radcliff
citronelle
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of weeks while my husband worked a shut down. The service was great, people were friendly & it was very clean. Some rooms were a bit old,but they were cutting it while we were there. I would stay here again any day!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Biloxi, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

The person at the front desk acted like we were bothering him by checking into the hotel. I was caught off guard, as this was the first hotel that wanted me to pay before I checked out. I guess that is their way of making sure they get their money, before you see the room. When we walked into the room, I could see why they wanted me to pay before I saw the room. The room had a bad smell, and the carpet needed some work. I would recommend you bring your own bedsheets for your own safety. Good luck on which tv channels are in your room. Not all the rooms have the same channel. My brother stayed in the room two doors down, and had ESPN, and HGTV, and I had neither channel. The room has a double sink, but only has one working faucet. My fridge door had tape to help the seal. Water pressure at the hotel was horrible. Make sure you bring shower shoes, and your own towels. We had to run to Wal-Mart, because they linen they had in the room was dirty. The shower curtain was paper thin. The towels I bought worked better then the curtain. They have an ice maker by the front office, but they have a lock on it. I asked for the key, so I could keep my drinks cold from our trip, but he wanted me to pay for the ice. For the money I was paying there is no reason for me to pay you for ice, especially in this hotel. The guy went to the back and gave me a half a bag of ice that he probably brought from one of the gas stations. Recommend this hotel as your last possible option. Try to find anything else before having to resort to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Radcliff hotels

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

There was a couch and two chairs in the room that have not been washed since the motel opened. We asked for extra towels and were given towels that smelled like cigarettes along with yellow washcloths that smelled as well. I agree the locks on the doors were pretty flimsey.
We were also attending a graduation for my son and rooms were booking up fast. Base housing was full. Do some extra checking and spend a little more than we did. If I could do it all again I would spend the $89.00 a night and stay at the Gold Vault Inn. We spent $52.00 a night and we got what we paid for. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Effingham, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

I was very pleased with with Fort Knox Inn. No, it wasn't perfect but it was clean, safe and close to everything we wanted to go to. The man behind the desk was very helpful and arranged for us to get in quick so we could be on our way to our activities. The rooms were clean and adequate. The carpet was new in the two rooms we rented, the beds were comfortable and everything worked except one faucet on a two sink counter. The furniture didn't look new but I didn't see anything broken. I would recommend this motel to my friends and family because they, like me, would rather spend my money on things I can take home with me instead of an over priced room. Fort Knox Inn was comfortable, safe. convenience. Need I say anything else?

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Holiday, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

I recently went to Ft. Knox for a graduation. There was so much going on there that week that I couldn't get a room on post or near it. There is a small cluster of motels close to the south gate and they were all booked. The Fort Knox Inn was the only one with a room and since I only needed it for one night, I took it.
Let me say that the place was very clean. I pulled back the sheets and the mattress was newer and comfortable. It looked like the rooms had been painted recently and the carpet was newer. That said, the place is full of old, beat up furniture. The handles on the dressers were all broken off and they drilled new holes and put in knobs. The bathroom had two sinks, but only one had a faucet knob. The shower had one of those paper thin shower curtains and it was ripped. The water pressure was so low in the toilets, I guess that's why they have a plunger there for you.

There's a kitchenette in the room with a new frig, but they left the old microwave on top of the new one and the cabinets were from the 1970's. The chairs by the window were stained and you wouldn't want to sit in them. The table didn't match anything else in the room. The second bed was almost up against the cabinets.

When I checked in, the office is full of cigarette smoke and the man checking me in, though he was very nice, couldn't be bothered putting his cigarette out and didn't care that the smoke was right in my face the whole time I was trying to sign in! There is a coffemaker on an old table in the office, which I assumed was for guests, and a vending machine outside. There is a Chinese restaurant attached to it.

At night the place filled up. At only $50 a night it seemed to be popular with out of town workers and was well lit, so I did feel safe.

All in all, try to get into one of the better chains or on post. Use this place as a last resort!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Been to Fort Knox Inn? Share your experiences!