“Great place for lunch, haven't tried it for dinner yet!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Prestonsburg
Cuisines: American
Louisa, Kentucky
“Great place for lunch, haven't tried it for dinner yet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Really enjoyed my lunch at Lizzie B's, something different and not a chain. There is a lot of variety on the menu. We enjoyed eating outside and look forward to trying this place out for dinner. We were told they have evening entertainment that varies and it's on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening. Our waiter was very nice, service was a little slow but they were very apologetic. We allowed plenty of time before the play at Jenny Wiley. The restaurant was very busy, it had lots of other women that day that were also eating lunch before the play. I will eat here again. If you plan on eating here prior to a play at Jenny Wiley allow plenty of time.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ashland, Kentucky
“Quaint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Went with a group of friends. Everyone enjoyed our soup and sandwich. Bread was awesome.. Stopped on way to Jenny Wiley SP.. Would stop again if in area.

Visited July 2013
Martin, ky
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I don't really understand all the hype with this place. My sister and I had lunch here one day before i worked a 12 hour shift because she swore the potato soup was to die for. So, I ordered the potato soup and salad. I'm not big on sandwiches like grilled pimento cheese or anything like that, I'm pretty traditional, so I got soup because I didn't figure you could mess it up. Boy, was I wrong. The lettuce on my salad was wilted and slimy and the soup was just awful. I took two bites, and couldn't force anymore of it down. My sister tried it and she said it wasn't like the normal soup and thought it was bad too. I'm not sure if I just visited on an off day, but the food was disgusting. The owner came by and asked how the food was, and I just smiled as I didn't want to be or appear rude so I just said I wasn't that hungry. I actually left hungrier than I was going in. I ended up going through a drive-thru on my way to work. I'll probably never go back. First impressions mean a lot and mine was gross.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hindman, Kentucky
“Wow! Like an oasis in the desert for healthy wholesome food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

In the land of processed foodstuff, this place is awesome, and affordable. Worth the trip (an hour drive for us, but then, everything is). Pet friendly, too. They welcomed our dog to join us on the front porch. This was my 2nd time, and will be one of many! Already making plans for our next dinner date. Service is the best. Accommodating for gluten free needs (for one of us). Food was all tasty and fresh, and well presented. Bread is homemade and delish! Desserts... yum! Love the creative atmosphere and the mellow rock music (from The Bridge radio) was perfect!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Paintsville, Kentucky
“Ordered the wrong thing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

After discovering that Lizzy B's happened to be the #1 rated restaurant in Prestonsburg, my wife & I thought it would be worthwhile to give it a try. As previous posters have stated, the tables, seating and decor are rather quaint - and even homey. Although some might say the furnishings resemble bargain yard sale items, it did not feel cheap or dirty. In fact, the wait staff was quick to clean tables and sweep the floor as customers departed. The posted sign said to seat yourselves, so we did and our server came rather quickly and greeted us with a friendly "howdy-do." She was very pleasant, cheerful, and attentive throughout our dinner. If I could rate our server alone, I would give her 5 stars. I only hope the others were as good.
Our drinks came quickly, as well as did our appetizer - some kind of buffalo chicken dip with flat bread for dipping. It was good. There was no "live" music last night, but recorded music (XM's The Bridge) was played at a comfortable volume so we didn't have any trouble hearing each other in conversation. Everything was good up until the time we got our food. Uh-oh. I ordered the 16-ounce rib-eye and my wife ordered the pork chop. My wife's pork chop was apparently a "smoked" pork chop. It looked, and tasted like ham. It was a ham chop. While it didn't taste bad, it wasn't what she expected. My rib-eye steak was cooked the way I wanted, but Boy - was it ever a bad cut of meat! It was mostly fat & gristle, and the little bit of meat was terribly spongy to chew. Not tender and flavorful like a rib-eye should be. And I know that it's the marbling of fat that gives the rib-eye it's wonderful flavor, so one should expect a certain amount of fat & muscle, but this was just a bad cut of meat sold to represent a rib-eye and it shouldn't have been.
I won't say that we will not go back to Lizzy B's, but if we do we will try a sandwich rather than a plate dinner.

• Visited May 2013