“Very disappointed” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Landmark Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pikeville
Landmark Inn
You added Landmark Inn to your Saves list
190 S. Mayo Trl., Pikeville, KY 41502 (Formerly Webby and Debbie Huffman's Landmark Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Pikeville B&B and Inns
Greenville, Kentucky
“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were looking forward to staying in the area, but were very disappointed in our room at the Landmark Inn. The comforters on both of the beds were both torn and stained. There were several hairs throughout the bathroom, just making it feel like it hadn't been cleaned. The desk chair was just filthy. We were only give 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, and 2 wash clothes and there were 4 of us. The outside of the Inn is actually sort of nice in a throw-back way, but the place just needs a lot of upgrades to make it worth staying at. Clean and available linen should be first priority. We have been invited back to Pikeville to stay again next year, but we won't be staying at the Landmark Inn again!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jeremiah P, Manager at Landmark Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am sorry to learn that your stay was anything less than the best. Please know that your issues have been addressed with the Housekeeping Department. We have just started with a major renovation at our property. All guest rooms, the restaurant, and bar will be completely renovated. I do hope that you will give us another chance to serve you on your return trip to Pikeville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
lex nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here on a trip to Pikeville and was pleased with our stay. We had a ling room that was clean, bed comfortable, the room had a microwave, small frig, iron and ironing board and hair dryer. the bathroom was very small and the tub looked very used,and the pool was clean and nice after hot days. Not bad for the price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeremiah P, Manager at Landmark Inn, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Your honest feedback provides us with better insight to our property and allows us to know the things we need to change. We are undergoing a major renovation at this time and will continue to improve to meet our guest's needs. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Beattyville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I really wanted to like this place, and as it turned out I wasn't disappointed.

I had to travel to Pikeville for work, but had to pay for my stay myself instead of being reimbursed by my employer. That meant I was looking for "budget" instead of "expensive" like the Hampton or the HI Express. Knowing that the Daniel Boone is not that great of a place, and with the Riverside Inn being a bit far south of town and away from everything, it was down to the Landmark or the Brookshire Inn. The normal rates for the Landmark are a bit expensive, but I got a king room for $65 due to my employment and that was a bit cheaper than the Brookshire.

The hotel dates back to the 1960s and is showing its age. The oldest portion is the section with the exterior entrances. I had a room in the interior corridor portion. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. Wi-fi was very fast and there was a refrigerator and microwave. Average water pressure in the shower, and the shower head was located on the back wall of the tub, on the other side from the tub spigot and the controls. An interesting arrangement. The toilet was also an industrial type without a lid, but luckily I didn't drop anything into it. The air conditioner was a bit noisy but it worked well. A smaller flat-screen TV with a decent selection of channels.

There's a restaurant and lounge on the premises, but the restaurant is being remodeled and the lounge was closed. There's also a nightclub adjacent, but it's only open a few nights a week and was closed the night i was there. There are several other restaurants nearby, and many others about five miles to the north at Coal Run.

It is a bit dated and worn, but it was clean and comfortable. That's all I could ask for. I would have no problems staying here again, especially if it's my own dime, but I may not get that chance. The property has been purchased by the ever-expanding Pikeville hospital. My understanding is that they are going to keep the restaurant going, but are going to convert the hotel to housing for families of patients and employees who are from out-of-town but work at the hospital a few days a week. This may do away with it being a hotel for the general public.

In the meantime, though, it's an OK place to stay. I only gave it a "3" (average) because it could use a few updates, but really it's a bit better than than.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your honest review of our property. Your feedback is very important to us and we use all information to better serve our guests. I am please to inform you that we are undergoing a major renovation that will include new guest rooms, restaurant, bar, and lounge. Additionally, our property will continue to be open to the public as the new Landmark Hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Don't know why but all the hotels in this area are so high in price. Way beyond the real value.
The people are real friendly
The Inn is dated, the rooms are ok the bed is ok. The sheets and blanket are thin and both had holes in them and were very used looking
The furniture had cigarette burn holes in fabric. Bear in mind its a non smoking room
There is a restaurant on premises and it is actually fairly good. I would stick to just the homemade food though as the drinks are crazy high

• Stayed January 2013
Charleston, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed in this awful hotel last night. My room stunk and when I complained, the employee said "What's wrong, not ritzee enough for you?" Another customer who looked like he just escaped from prison asked "What's wrong with your room?" I said "It stinks and if I get hungry late at night, I can eat the crackers left in the floor under the bed from the previous occupant." The escaped convict did'n't get my joke.
Stayed the night anyway, now I am freaked out because I have bug bites on my legs. Not sure if they are bed bug bites or not, but the bites weren't on me before the stay. I noticed the bites throughout the day immediately after my stay. Worst hotel ever, I would never stay there again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Pikeville hotels

Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

The following is what I attempted to email this motel's management, per their contact us link on their webpage. When I clicked submit, it went to an error page. Hopefully, their owners will see this here, as well as other potential customers. My advice- don't stay here unless you want to overspend greatly.

Your motel is not what we would have expected for what we are paying for a night here. Very outdated room over all, you have made an effort by putting the refrigerator and microwave in, as well as the new tv's, but that really doesn't make up for the very outdated carpeting, bedspread, the room could certainly have been cleaned more, and there is no cart to help your guests get their luggage in and out of the tiny cramped elevator. The room is very small also. Not worth the 72.00 we are paying. I would have negotiated down to about 30-40.00 foir a room such as this had I seen it first. Very disappointing for the price. I would not recommend this to anyone, nor will we be coming back to this facility. I do plan to leave my review on trip advisor and google as well. Others should be aware of what they are paying for if they intend to stay here. It resembles a child's dorm room more than a hotel room.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
central, ky.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

stay two months the wireless internet sucks . you get 4 bars then when connection is available then goes to two bars after the connection is made.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Landmark Inn? Share your experiences!