“Above average staff offers true Southern hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Pikeville
Cleveland, Ohio
“Above average staff offers true Southern hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

Admittedly, the choices are rather limited along Eastern Kentucky's US 23 corridor. This is a newer property that was very clean and in good repair. Although listed as a 2.5 star hotel, the rooms and public areas could easily pass for 3 stars. The room was unexpected large, attractively decorated with a pale yellow wallcovering and a tan, geometric patterned carpet. The bath had the usual plastic shower surround that is typical for these properties, but the counter space was generous. The bed was comfortable. A decent breakfast is served in a comfortable room on the first floor: eggs, sausage, bakery items, coffee, juice. We found the staff to be way above the standard of a 2.5 star hotel. We were warmly greeted upon arrival, and the woman attending the breakfast buffet was very conscientious in seeing that all the guest's needs were satisfied.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Marietta, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

I stay in hotels over 160 days a year and pay for them with a visa purchase card provided to me by my employer we have over 2000 people using the visa cards ..I arrive at this hotel get my truck parked ready to go to bed and I am told by the desk clerk that they dont accept visa p-cards without prior authorization from my company? I have never had this problem at ANY motel anywhere...there is no way I can have prior authorization sent to the motel I stay in different areas every night usually not knowing where Ill be until I get there,....also this motel doesnt take cash? I did get a deal worked out to stay with the gentlemen, he went out of his way to work with me and was very freindly and professional and I understand he was just following his managers orders..at least we worked a one time deal out so I could stay....I went to the room to find it had no sheets on the bed....so he gave me another room it was good...bathroom looked as if it hadnt been cleaned from the last person that stayed in the room but the rest of the room was great ,well lit,comfy bed and the breakfast ranked in the top 5 of any motel! it was well above average !....there is a coal train that goes behind motel at midnite and again about 500 am blowing his horn....all in all this place is alot nicer than the other motel I usually stay in when Im in Pikeville but since they dont accept visa p-cards or cash I will not be back...this is sad because it is a nice place and the people all seemed very freindly and courteous...but it is apperant that this Holiday Inn doesnt want people to stay here , so I would advise everybody to just pass them up and stop at one of the other local motels that wants to rent ouy their rooms to tired business travelers.....

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

Located just south of "the big cut" on Route 119, the hotel had new rooms with premium furnishings and bedding. The front desk had an unusual posted disclaimer about noise from traffic and highway construction, but we judged our room to be quieter than most. (This disclaimer may have been temporary based on the highway improvement project underway out front).

Typical warm-it-yourself breakfast bar, though I do remember lingering for the better than expected coffee.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
SE Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

My family and I had another great visit to the Pikeville area HI Express. The hotel was spotless as always, rooms clean and comfortable, staff friendly and breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

My husband had a business trip in Pikeville a few weeks ago, so our 2 year old son and myself went along. I would agree with the other reviews that the location was crazy. You have to drive around several fast food places to get to the hotel. The parking was ok, but I would not advise parking in the lower level. There was a lot of trash in the lot when we were there. The staff was pretty friendly and they gave us extra snacks in our room. The breakfast was really good with a lot of variety. The pool was a little chilly, but our son enjoyed it anyway. The bed was comfortable and we didn't hear the trains.
There's not a lot to do in Pikeville, but the park downtown is very nice for kids. There's a great Italian place on Main Street as well. Dairy Cheer was interesting if you like fast food.
Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Louisville, Ky.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

Super nice people, carpets could stand a cleaning. Breakfast bar is better than average. My room for two nites had a refrigerator and microwave. Excellent bed, slept really well. Was awakened a couple of times by the trains, but not that bad. The window unit made a wonderful sound machine. Entry is a little screwy but manageable. Just turn in at the lite. If you are going to be in Pikeville for the nite, may as well stay here.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
frankfort ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

I would highly recommend this hotel..the rooms were clean and very nice and room service was great ..Stay there you will love it
Dianne Newsom

Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pikeville? Share your experiences!