“:(” 2 of 5 stars

Goldthwaite, Texas
“:(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Hotel has NOT been a 'super 8' in OVER 9 years

Name is now the ( Brookshire Inn & Suites).

Not a bad place for the money. Convenient to eating and shopping

Staff friendly.

Cleanliness was LACKING. trash in the room pillows had blood on them. Sheets worn out.

All in all I would plan somewhere DIFFERENT

Stayed June 2014

Couples
Business
Vine Grove, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in Feb 2013 and what a dump. Hotel had some construction going on, but the quality of the room I stayed in was unacceptable. It was dirty and in terrible condition. I got electrical shocks when trying to plug in electronic devices. The tub and bathroom in general was filthy. The bed was hard, lumpy and the pillows were non exsistent. The towels were practically see through and the sink did not drain. The refridgerator smelled like it was used to store road kill. Had a great view of the dumsters!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

A group of us came from all over to Geocache in the area and do the Hatfield McCoy trails. We packed out the hotel and the staff never missed a beat. It was wonderful to wake up and find the breakfast room buzzing with friends I knew and there was plenty of coffee flowing and viddles to munch on. Thanks for accomidating our HUGE group and making us all feel right at home.
A+++ guys!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2007

We have stayed at the Super 8 in Pikeville, KY every year since it opened. Our Group always has an enjoyable time during Hillbilly Days. The Staff is great & always treats us Right. We look forward to going back this year for the 2007 festival. Thanks again in advance Super 8 for your hospitality!

• Liked — great staff, meeting area was nice.
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Carlisle, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

Our family just returned from a visit to the Super 8. We were in Pikeville for the funeral of a very special relative. Relatives from several states came. The front desk was able to put us all in the same area, which was very handy. The hotel staff was absolutely wonderful, especially Mildred. We used a meeting room in the lobby to gather both nights that we were there. Mildred went out of her way to make us feel welcome. She went to the store bought food and prepared sandwiches, snacks and sweets for us. What great southern hospitality. It's almost like she felt our grief and was trying to ease the pain. It really helped and was so much apprecitated by our entire family. The rooms were also very clean and the beds so comfortable. We would definitely stay at the Super 8 again and recommend it to friends. You just don't get this kind of service every day. .

• Liked — The great service by the front desk staff.
  • Disliked — The train that runs by the hotel
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring ear plugs for the train at night.
  • Stayed July 2006
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2004

I rented their confrence room for a baby shower, they had two weeks notice about the time and date I was going to be having it. I was ASSURED AND PROMISED that the tabels would be put up in time and I would have ample time to decorate. The shower was to begin at 1:00. The tabels were set up at 12:50. I had ten minutes to decorate and set a food table up for my baby shower. I paid 100.00 for the suckiest service ever. I highly recommend no one to stay here at this hotel. The staff is VERY RUDE!!!! They care not. I asked to speak with the manager or owner and I was told that is impossible... There was no way for me to speak to anyone, I just had to deal with it. I have a baby on the way, and spending 100.00 on a room that was not ready and have rude service (denying me the chance to complain to the owner or manager) is not the experience I would want anyone to go through. There are many more enjoyable motels in Pikeville.I strongly reccomend you to check into one of those.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2003

Lost my reservation. Desk clerk did not care. Rooms have very thin walls, so expect a lot of noise.

Been to Super 8 Pikeville? Share your experiences!