“Descent Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Paducah
“Descent Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I would stay here again. I got exactly what I expected - a descent room at a descent hotel for a very reasonable rate.

Pros: Suite, room was clean, mini fridge and microwave, honored govt rate, descent hot breakfast (pre-prepared eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, and dry goods), lots of restaurants nearby.
Cons: thin walls.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
tstorms, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I wanted to take this opportunity to THANK YOU for taking time out of your busy life to leave us a review here on Tripadvisor, I greatly appreciate it. Thank you for the compliments it's always nice to hear the "good" as many times we only hear the "not so good". I will be passing this review along to all of my staff for their review as well.

Again, thanks so much we really appreciate it and hope you will visit us again when you are back in the Paducah area.

Kind regards,

Timothy Storms
Area Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here one night while on our way to Kansas City from North Carolina. I can't remember a more friendly staff than the one we found here. The manager was very informative about the area and gave us a map and excellent directions to local sites.

The room was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. Breakfast was better than many such hotels in that the choices were hot, not DIY frozen entrees to microwave. No complaints at all about this one. We were glad we drove a little further than we intended that day, because this stop was worthwhile.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
tstorms, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
I wanted to take this opportunity to THANK YOU for the kind compliments and giving us a review here on Tripadvisor. We really appreciate your time and I will definitely make sure I pass the compliments along to all of the staff including the hotel manager.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again when you are back in the Paducah area.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was visiting family in the US a couple of months ago, and our road trip took us from Chicago to Atlanta. Along the way, we decided to stop in Paducah, Kentucky, which is the exact half-way point between the two cities. First of all, we didn't know anything about Paducah, except that it had a funny name. We ended up loving Paducah! Such a charming town with a cute downtown. We chose this hotel at random. We arrived to the hotel just before dinner, around 7ish in the evening. We walked in with a very friendly lady with short brown hair that warmly welcomed us. She gave us great restaurant suggestions and directed us on where to park and exactly which exterior door would be closest to our room. We were pleasantly surprised when we got to the hotel room. We found it very clean and tidy, and absolutely loved the beds! The breakfast the next morning was perfect for what we were looking for. From the landscaping at the exterior of the hotel, to the wonderful staff and the cleanliness and up keep of the hallways and rooms, I wish there were more affordable hotels like this one!! Definitely 2 thumbs up, and if you happen to be in the Paducah area, I would highly recommend you stay here.

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk up a flight of stairs, I would suggest getting a room on the ground fl...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
tstorms, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Thanks so very much for taking time to give our hotel a review here on Tripadvisor....especially thank you for the kind words and compliments on our hotel and staff. I'm glad you selected our hotel as I know you had many options here at the same exit. Again THANK YOU and we hope to see you again when you are in Paducah.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at this Comfort Suites for 2 nights while on business near Paducah. The room was very clean and spacious. The breakfast was good, fresh and plentiful. The manager actually was on duty when I checked in and out and was very, very nice and accomodating.

This hotel seemed to fit the upper end of the Choice Hotel chain. I would definately stay there again if in the area.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for the kind words and compliments. I'm glad to hear we are meeting our guest expectations and especially glad to hear we are in the upper level of our brand of hotels.

Thanks again and come back and see us when you are back in the Paducah area.
Georgetown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The staff was friendly and attentive to our needs. The rooms were clean, comfortable and up to date. The breakfast bar was excellent, with lots of choices and all fresh. I'm a coffee drinker and the coffee was always on and very good. We difinately will stay here again. I recommed this hotel to anyone who is particular about cleanness.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to give our hotel a review here. I'm pleased to hear you were happy with your stay here at our hotel. I will definitely pass along the great review to all of our staff members.

Come back and see us again soon!
Owasso
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Helpful front desk staff, very clean room. No complaints! Loved the personal note in the room from the manager with his cell phone number in case the desk staff could not help.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Chris C, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you Melissa for the kind review. We always enjoy hearing from our happy guests and that we are doing meeting your expectations. We hope to see you again soon!
Tabor City, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

MAJOR CONCERNS
only Wi-fi connection had to come from neighboring hotel.
Hair on sheets
Stain on duvet
Shaving Hair in bathroom lavatory
Internet hard wire box hanging out of wall
Bathroom tissue holder falling out of wall
Heat smelled of amonia
Heat control cover fell off
Coffeemaker water reservoir dirty
MIN0R CONCERNS
Scuffed and dirty walls
Badly wrinkled sheer curtains
limited cable access

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
We appreciate you taking the time to complete the review on TripAdvisor. I will say that I was not happy to hear of your experiences at the hotel and have shared your observations with everyone involved. We have used this as a training opportunity to “see things from the guest point of view”. As we continue to improve, please allow us another chance to have you as a guest.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!