“One of the worse” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Paducah

You added Comfort Inn Paducah to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Paducah
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5135 Cairo Road, Paducah, KY 42001 (Formerly Ramada Limited Suites Paducah)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Paducah
Princeton, Kentucky
“One of the worse”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

This hotel was one of the worse hotels I have ever stayed at. With exemption of one employee the rest was highly rude. They treated us like they did not want to help. We stayed for three days and paid with cash. Because of this we had to put a $100 deposit down on the room. This of course was no big deal. What was a big deal was it took us FOREVER to get clean towels, the shelf's in the refrigerator in our room was sticky. The floor was duck typed at the edges. Our beds was hard as a rock, and not to mention it would take us five to ten minutes just to get into our room because of the room card. The pool was filled with chlorine and very cloudy not to mention there was never any towels there. We could hear the people next door through the THIN walls, waking us up at 3 am when they were, doing things that are private.. We over looked most of it, but then when we went to check out they refused to give us the deposit back. We asked why? and they told us that because my FOUR year old niece dropped some chip crumbles in the floor they WOULD NOT give us the deposit. This of course was an outrage. Of course the girl behind the counter said there was nothing she could do. We called back later and found out that she was the manager and could have done something. So she LIED to us! I then walked down the hall and one of the maids came out of a room holding a bunch of balloons and hit me in the face with them. I told her that was rude and she started screaming profanity at me. This is the WORSE hotel I have ever stayed in. I would NOT pay for this place EVER again, nor would I recommend it to anyone. I sure hope to find a way to get a hold of the owner.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Beattyville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

Nice hotel. I understand it used to be a Ramada Inn. It's located at the first I-24 exit in Kentucky in somewhat of an industrial area. Most services, restaurants, are at the next exit south at US 60. The rooms are nice, clean comfortable, good wi-fi, excellent breakfast, a fridge to keep beverages cold.

I had an unfortunate incident here that the staff turned into a good situation. Upon my first flush of the toilet, the thing overflowed, filling my room with water and other yucky stuff. Apparently a previous guest had stopped it up but the stoppage wasn't visible when looking into the bowl. The clerk on duty immediately got me into another room across the hall (a suite with a couch) at no extra charge and tried to mop up as best he could and left a note for maintenance to come fix the problem the next day. I'm not sure a plunger would have done the trick, they may have had to call Roto-Rooter.

Anyway, the quick attention by the desk clerk was appreciated and the couch in the new room was so comfy I fell asleep on it and didn't even mess up the bed in the room.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

We stayed at the Comfort Inn during the last weekend in March. After reading some of the other reviews, I was a little afraid of what we would find, but I was pleasantly surprised. We arrived about 4:30 and had no problems checking in and the worker at the front desk was very polite. We really enjoyed the layout and cleanliness of the rooms and the king size bed was very comfortable. Another couple that we were traveling with commented on how nice the hotel was and how it exceeded their expectations as well. The only downfall of the hotel was the fire alarm that went off about 6:30 am. It continued going off for a few minutes straight, and when I went to ask what was going on, I was told, "I don't know. The fire alarm just started going off." None of the employees knocked on doors, no one had any information, and all of the employees stood around like it was no big deal. This was a little disconcerning as there is normally some type of procedure that you would have to follow as an employee in this situation, but they did nothing. Other than the alarm, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Mascoutah, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

I took off 2 days at work to take an extended weekend trip with my wife and 2 kids ages 5 and 8. We got to the hotel and the front desk person was not overly friendly. We got there a little after 2 pm. She told us check in was not until 3 pm. She did not check to see if any of the rooms were ready. We were tired and had no where else to go for just under an hour, so we waited in the lobby. After about 10 minutes, one of the people with housekeeping came by and saw us and let the front desk know that there were rooms ready. We got checked in and had no problems at that point. Then, after swimming at night, we went to our room and watch TV. From that point until about 3:00 am, the fire alarm went off multiple times. We and alot of the guests went to the front desk and were told various things depending on who was up there and when. Some were told it was kids pulling the fire alarm. Others were told it was smoke from a microwave or an electrical problem with the fire alarm. In the morning after hardly any sleep, we went to the front desk to ask for the manager. Magically, during a weekday, the manager is not going to be in today. We then called the Choice hotels number and they registered our complaint, but did nothing to help make up for the problem. We are stuck here one more day, so hopefully this problem will not happen again, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. The breakfast person and the cleaning crew were nice, but that was the only bright spot in this hotel. We used our points for this trip and did not pay anything and we still feel like we got robbed. Run like the wind if you see this hotel in your sights.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

After reading some of the reviews on this motel it was with some trepidation that I booked a room. However, my stay was a very pleasant experience. The lobby was clean, brightly lit and tastefully decorated. The desk clerk was professional, polite, friendly. Parking was convinient and the room was spacious and very clean.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stayed here on our way through Kentucky. Big mistake. We came to the nice, new looking Comfort Suites and thought that was where our reservation was. We found out we were one exit away. While at the Comfort Suites, we tried to cancel at the Comfort Inn and NO ONE answered the phone for five minutes, so we were then too late to cancel. The Comfort Inn was noisy with both highway noise and visitor noise. There was ONE clerk at the desk checking in a busload of folks and I watched as she did not answer the phone. I did not feel safe here. We got up early to go to breakfast bar and there was NO COFFEE and very little food ... again, the bus people were there and it seems like this place could not handle a busload on a Monday morning. We asked the ONE clerk if she could refill the breakfast bar and she tried inbetween checking folks out. She didn't try very hard. This is not what we expect from a Comfort Inn. I mentioned to the clerk that she seemed really busy and she said that there is only one clerk on ever. The clerks, both Sunday night and Monday morning, could of used a second person to help them. Sad stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Athens, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

First impression: The hotel smelled like campfire smoke but it was clean.

Saturday night: The neighboring room had air in pipes that made extremely loud sound at 10pm, 12am, and 2am. This sound was so loud it shook a can of shaving cream off the ledge of the shower. I complained about this problem to the front desk when I checked out and the clerk did nothing except say to the other two co-workers "hey, I didn't know we had that 'air in the pipes problem' up on the third floor. gee, we usually only have that on the first floor down here." They did not apologize for our horrible night or offer any consolation for this situation. Because of their reaction, I will never stay at that hotel again.

Breakfast: You better get there about an hour before it's over because the clerk who manages this will not re-fill items at the breakfast bar during the last 30 minutes or more of the breakfast time slot. Numerous guests came down about 10 minutes before 9am and found there was no milk, no donuts, no waffles, no gravy for biscuits, and all that was left were bread and jelly. The clerk saw this happen every time and did nothing about it. This was not a one-time occurrence, it happened everyday of the 4 days we stayed at this hotel. Very poor customer service. We will not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Paducah? Share your experiences!