“Very generic, but clean and a good value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Paducah

You added Red Roof Inn Paducah to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Paducah
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5106 Cairo Road, Paducah, KY 42001 (Formerly Econo Lodge Paducah)   |
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Paducah
Kansas
“Very generic, but clean and a good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

This was a “just passing through” overnight stay for my family and me. It was very cheap, but clean. If you’re used to more posh hotels, you’ll probably be disappointed and you should check out some of the more expensive hotels in the area. This place served my purpose just fine.

This is missing some of the things you might expect from a higher end chain, but I won’t downgrade it just because of that. It was just as I expected, or maybe a little better.

The staff that checked me in was friendly. Breakfast was ready on time in the morning. The dining area was small and selection wasn’t great, but it was free and it saved my family a trip to a restaurant.

The rooms were very clean. There was a smell that made me think of a grandma’s house when she cleans it, but it wasn’t a bad smell.

The location seemed like a safe area. It was a decent drive away from any kind of popular restaurants.

EconoLodge is a perfect name for this motel, and it is exactly what you would expect. It’s a mostly brick building in a concrete parking lot with little or no landscaping. It was clean, the service was friendly, and it was a good value. I wouldn’t stay here for more than a day or two, but it was a good place to stop on a long road trip.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Seffner, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

We had previously stayed at this hotel a few years ago and swore that we would never stay here again, unfortunately I didn't remember the address so booked us in here again because they accept pets. The first time we were here was terrible and nothing has changed. The room was dirty, the bathroom was in such poor condition that no-one wanted to use it. There are no decent restaurants nearby. The hotel is being renovated but that was no excuse for the poor condition of the room. We have stayed at other Econo Lodge hotels and had no problem with the accomodation. They need to work on this one immediately.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2008

I had one of if not the worst hotel stay I have ever had. Firstly this was a last minute thing as every where was full in area. I was okay at check-in lady was very nice, all good then the room. OOOHHHHH no. I couldn't leave as my elderly aunt dropped me off for the night, I couldn't get another room as they had said on the phone when I called for a room they only had one. I was stuck with a dirty tub, sink, and bedded room. I went down to the front desk and asked for some cleaning stuff as my room wasn't clean. She didn't say anything she just handed me a rag and a spray bottle and went about her business, like I had asked for an extra towel. I spoke with the manager in the morning and told her about the hair in the bed, and un-cleanliness, she asked me why I didn't get another room. I exclaimed that I was told they had no others. She said they had smoking rooms. I said that no one told me that. And she said she was sorry and there was nothing she could do. As I walked out the maid had been ease dropping was cursing me.
And to top it all off I should say that the lock was broken off the window and they didn't care about that either.

• Liked — I got to leave.
  • Disliked — Hair in the bed.
  • Stayed March 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this property on Christmas Eve while visiting family in the area because we wanted to spend as little money as possible and needed a place that would accept our dog. For the price of $42, we got what we paid for. The rooms have interior entrances, which is nice, but for the most part, this property isn't the cleanest or best maintained of motels in its class. If you don't have a pet in your party, you can probably find a newer/cleaner/better maintained option very nearby.

• Liked — Price and allowed pets
  • Disliked — Looked old and dirty
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2007

We traveled through Paducah over Spring Break and did not have a hotel reservation. This was the only hotel in town that was not sold out. It was the dumpiest hotel our famiy has ever stayed at. We took a photo of it as we left as a family joke. The one bright spot was the price (very cheap).

Stayed March 2006

Been to Red Roof Inn Paducah? Share your experiences!