“Inspiring!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 29 things to do in Paducah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The National Quilt Museum is a nationally recognized art museum that exhibits the finest quilting and fiber art in the world. In an average year we are visited by quilters and art lovers from all 50 states and over 40 countries worldwide. We are one of the most popular tourist attractions in Kentucky. Our exhibits and programs have been recognized in dozens of national publications including Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, Southern Living, and many more. The St. Louis Post Dispatch said the following about our museum, "It's not that different than going to the art museum in Chicago...It's all so unexpected.
Charlottesville, VA
3 attraction reviews
“Inspiring!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've never seen quilts like this in my life! They are fabric art. I would see one and say, "That's my favorite." then look at the next -- "Nope, THAT one is my favorite!" and on and on. All of these quilts were so incredible I simply couldn't choose among them. There were three shows on at the time I was here: selections from the museum's collection, the Japanese quilt collection, and a Civil War quilt collection. I thought we'd been in there for an hour, but looked at the clock and we'd spent 3 hours looking at the exhibits.

In addition to the exhibits, there is a great gift shop, with an extensive selection of quilting books. They also had quilters working on various quilt blocks so one could see how they are done. I'd love to go back and see it again!

19 attraction reviews
“A wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Being new to quilting, I was very interested to see examples of quilts done in various styles. There are wonderful quilts displayed in all disciplines, and there were two very special exhibits - one for Civil War quilts and one from Japanese quilt artists. Everything was spectacular to view. Each quilt had an information card that enhanced the viewing experience. The ladies in the display area, the gift shop, and the ticket counter were friendly and helpful. A very worthwhile experience.

Nashville, Tennessee
10 attraction reviews
“Could be improved...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am not a quilter, but I stopped to see the museum because I was in the area. Yes, the quilts were beautiful. I just felt that curation could be better. Maybe an exhibit or more description on exhisting exhibits on the quilt making process. Also no photography (flash or no flash) allowed.

Paducah, Kentucky
7 attraction reviews
“Works of Art!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I am not a quilter but this museum is worth the trip just to admire the beauty and work/craftsmanship of the artists!!

Visited November 2012
Tampa FL
37 attraction reviews
“You must see to believe!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Truly amazing...I'm NOT a quilter, but read all the reviews and thought I'd give it a chance. So very glad I went. Wear comfy shoes and a light weight handbag because you'll stay much longer than you'd expect. Quilts by men, quilts from Japan, abstracts and contemporary quilts and even a quilt that was dedicated to The Hobbit!! Some quilts you'd SWEAR were not really made from a gazillion pieces of fabric! The gift shop was a delight and even better was the location right next to an even more delightful waterfront restaurant. Highly recommended.