“A place to never forget and always go back” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 15 Attractions in Paducah
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: The National Quilt Museum is a nationally recognized art museum that exhibits the finest quilting and fiber art in the world. In an average year we are visited by quilters and art lovers from all 50 states and over 40 countries worldwide. We are one of the most popular tourist attractions in Kentucky. Our exhibits and programs have been recognized in dozens of national publications including Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, Southern Living, and many more. The St. Louis Post Dispatch said the following about our museum, "It's not that different than going to the art museum in Chicago...It's all so unexpected.
Paducah, ky
“A place to never forget and always go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

If you have never visited this wonderful place, do not miss the opportunity next time you are in Paducah, Ky. I went there to take a friend
from Brazil and we both were amazed with the spectacular display of art in material and thread; not to mention the excellent and friendly atmosphere created by those great volunteers. A place to never forget and always go back... and MEN also can be mesmerized - don't be shy!!

Visited January 2013

8 attraction reviews
“Quilts as Fine Art”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife is a quilter, and she was in absolute heaven at the museum. I am not a quilter, but still had an excellent time. The quilts are amazing works of art. The time, skill, and detail that goes into each creation is amazing. Staff is friendly and welcoming. Well worth the cost OS admission.

Louisville, Kentucky
6 attraction reviews
“OMG, what beautiful Quilts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

If you were raised around quilts like I was then you owe it to yourself to visit the National Quilt Museum, in Paducah, Ky. I don't quilt, but my wife does, my Grandmother did, my Aunt did, and several cousins and a sister-in-law. I've been around quilts my whole life, and appreciate the beauty and patience it takes to make one, but never have I seen the level of workmanship that has gone into some of these quilts. They are true masterpieces. Much like an artist uses his canvas, brushes, and oils; the quilter uses fabric, thread and batting to make works of art. You owe it to yourself to visit this Museum at least once in your life.

Visited November 2012
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing quilts!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

It was a quilters delight to see and I would love to go again!
I just couldn't imagine the work in all those quilts from all over the world!

Visited February 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
88 attraction reviews
“Works of art”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

There are many great reviews for this place and I now know why. These quilts are truly works of art. The skill and detail are just amazing. The only bad parts are you can not take pictures and it is a bit expensive. On the bright side there are discount coupons either on the web site or in papers around town that you can use. I think AAA is discounted but the real savings are reserved for seniors. Either way it is worth the admission to see and learn about these marvelous works. They change seasonally so there is always something new to see.

Visited October 2012