“SUSHI! YAY!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Metropolis, Illinois, United States
“SUSHI! YAY!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I love eating here. I get to enjoy eating some sushi while there is something on the menu for him to eat as well. The Lemongrass chicken only comes as appetizer..wish it was an entree

Visited April 2013

Granger, Indiana
“Very nice Thai restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I went to Jasmine for dinner looking for Thai and some sushi. It was a good choice. The décor is somewhat interesting. It looks like it was an old strip mall breakfast restaurant converted to a Thai restaurant. They got about 75% done with the conversion and stopped though. Think Thai restaurant décor with fixtures from Perkins. The background music was at a volume that allowed conversation and was a good mix of modern hits and classics from the 80's through 2000's.
I asked my server Chelsea what she could recommend and she suggested the Katsu-Don on the table tickler as well as the Favorites section of the menu. I ended up ordering the sushi appetizer and Pad Thai. I did see Chelsea greet the table next to me and remember that they are gluten free diners and the specifics of a previous order they had. Very nicely done.
The sushi appetizer was a great deal. Five pieces of ngiri that were almost (read ..."should have been if eating politely.") two-biters. They were big cuts of fish and fresh. I loved it. Best sushi I have had in Paducah.
The Pad Thai was very nicely flavored as well. They hit a great balance in the sauce between sweet and the powerful fish sauce. I liked the ground peanuts on the side and the acidity from the lime accented all of it. The shrimp were cooked well and it was a nice portion. The only negative is a pet peeve of mine. They left the shrimp tails on. I hate this when dining. I do understand it is a presentation enhancer and flavor enhancer to cook with the shells. It is a big negative to me to have to dig through a saucy dish to peel the shrimp so I can eat them. If I want peel-and-eat shrimp I will order that. Okay, rant done...
Overall the meal was very good. I now know to ask for my shrimp to be peeled in the kitchen here. The sushi was top notch and I will order that again here. If you are looking for Thai and/or sushi you need to try Jasmine. I will be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Paducah, KY
“Love this place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Went here to celebrate my birthday. Started off with a glass of wine from a local winery (It's called Purple Toad Winery). Then had some crab ragoon as appitizer. (To die for) Then had the MSU roll. For those who like crab meat and cream cheese, you must try this dish. Great place to celebrate a birthday!!

Visited February 2013
Carbondale, Illinois
“Thai food for the burger crowd”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

If you're a lover of authentic Thai food then Jasmine will probably be a big disappointment; the Thai food there is just mediocre. I think the whole purpose of Jasmine is to make people who usually eat at a burger place feel as if they're doing something exotic. It must be working because the two times I've been there the place has been pretty crowded. Even though the restaurant bills itself as a Thai restaurant, Thai food is really a small part of the menu, and what's on there has been sanitized for western tastes, with only a few items keeping their Thai names (pad thai, tom yum, for example).

Their prices for the Thai food are not outrageous, but they do seem a bit high for what you're getting, especially when meat or seafood is added to an item. Service was good both times we were there, although the one time our orders really took an inordinate amount of time to come out.

Sushi also seems to be a big part of what is served there and maybe that's what a lot of people go for, although steaks and other western food are also on the menu. Being a vegetarian I can't speak to the quality of those items.

Overall, the atmosphere is enjoyable and service is good. Just don't go there for the Thai food.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Get the volcano chicken or a steak! Nice bar area but also good for family or friends. Sushi is the wifes fav but you cant beat the quality for the price. Ive only had one bad meal really out of say 30, but its one of the top ten places in town to eat for sure. If your local you can get a savings card that is nice...................