“New Hotel on the river” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Owensboro
Owensborro, United States
“New Hotel on the river”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Friendly staff, clean and spacious rooms. I had a room overlooking the water. They are still building but it was a nice view. By the summer time, I am sure it will be an fantastic view. Right in the heart of downtown plenty of good restaurants to walk to in the area. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Matthew M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Owensboro/Waterfront, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Christina-
Thank you for staying with our hotel, and for allowing our team to be of service to you. We appreciate your kind words about our team and hotel, and we will share your review with them. Please feel free to reach our to me if I can do anything for you. We look forward to serving you again.

matthew.mccloud@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Frankfort, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is a NEW Hampton, less than a month old. Appearance is very upscale and appears to by a luxury hotel. Staff was professional and extremely pleasant. One very nice feature about the hotel, is when you have your “do not disturb sign on your door, Housekeeping leaves a care package with extra amenities like towels…shampoo…soap.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Matthew M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Owensboro/Waterfront, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
BrendaFishWildlife-
We greatly appreciate your kind review of our hotel, and for choosing our team to serve you during your time in Owensboro. We love your comments about our team and hotel, and will share your thoughts with them. We hope to see you again soon. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of service to you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is my second time staying. The first time we had an issue with the heat, and they completely took care of us, going above and beyond to make sure we were 100% satisfied. The rooms (suites) have a great view, are roomy and clean, breakfast choices are plentiful. The hot tub and pool are a nice relaxing touch after a long day.. This is my first choice when staying in Owensboro.... Don't forget to eat at their restaurant, Lure Seafood and Grille... You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Christina-
Thank you so much for staying with us, and for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are thankful for your repeat business, and for sharing your experience with others. We will share your words with our team as recognition of their effort and hard work. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Owensboro. Please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of service to you.

Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Went to the hotel after a 3rd shift due to extremely bad weather and couldn't drive home. I work less than a block from the hotel. Front desk told me there were plenty of rooms available but the manager said they didn't take dayshift sleepers and there was nothing he could do. He wouldn't come out of his room to talk. The front desk workers even thought it was odd that he couldn't help me and told me that other Hampton hotels would accomodate and they didn't understand why he wouldn't. I had to drive all the way across town in extremely bad conditions to another hotel chain. Was extremely dissapointed that under the severe circumstances the manager couldnt find a way to get me into one of the many rooms that were available.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
jdmorton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Owensboro/Waterfront, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Good afternoon,

I have reviewed your comments and obviously quite disturbed about what you experienced. I have talked to the manager that was on duty and informed them how this should have been handled. While there was some miscommunication on our part, it should never have happened. I sincerely apologize.
If you want to contact me, please do so. Again, my apologies for they way this was handled.
John Morton
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

New, beautiful location on river, heart of downtown. Restaurant on site. Next to Convention (new) center. Excellent addition to Owensboro, KY and a welcome location in the downtown area. New Restaurant is on site and is first rate. I would stay in the location and this hotel on future trips to Owensboro.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Matthew M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Owensboro/Waterfront, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
ZimColumbus_OH-
We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay in Owensboro, and for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor. We do have a beautiful hotel, as part of a new exciting area of downtown, and a great team ready to serve our guests. We look forward to seeing you during your return trips. Please feel free to contact me or John, our general manager, if we can be of service to you.

Belleville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Everything in this hotel is done well, and the location is perfect. The lobby is beautiful, the rooms are designed well. The view of the river is great - and it is so nice to walk out of the door and walk in the river park. the restaurant attached to the hotel is great, and there are other good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Lee-
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to Owensboro. We appreciate you allowing our team the opportunity to serve you, and thank you for sharing your experience through TripAdvisor. We will be sure to share your words with our team as encouragement and recognition of their efforts. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of service to you. We look forward to seeing you again.

Germantown
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Hotel was only open 2 weeks when I stayed. The restaurant was not opened. The spa was not finished and felt like staff were still in training
Everyone was pleasant and rooms as you would expect. Convenient for downtown and the new convention center and right on the river. Decor was nice and well appointed foyer with nice features and furnishings
The gym was reasonable and it had a pool which was open and well used
There is a seafood restaurant on the waterfront that attracted traffic late with accompanying noise that seemed to pass right through the windows if your room was waterfront and towards the convention end. This was next to a Parkin lot filled with machinery and I was woken at 5am by activity in there
Once it's finished and perhaps construction finished it will be a nice spot but the soundproofing may never get better

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
DrNic1-
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to Owensboro, and for sharing your review. We appreciate your thoughts and consideration in sharing them through TripAdvisor. I'm happy to say the restaurant is open and our team is better trained to service our guests. We are sorry you were disturbed by construction happenings during your stay, and have addressed this so it is not a problem moving forward. Please feel free to contact me or John, our general manager, if we can be of service to you. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again, and would love the chance to make your stay a memorable one.

Thank you.
matthew.mccloud@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Owensboro/Waterfront? Share your experiences!