“Best BBQ and Service In Owensboro” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 127 restaurants in Owensboro
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Louisville
“Best BBQ and Service In Owensboro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The best place to eat BBQ in Owensboro is Old Hickory. You receive a ton of food at a really good price and the food is excellent. It doesn't matter what you order from the meat, sides, and dessert they are all very good. The service was excellent and they were able to accommodate our large soccer group on short notice on a Saturday night. When in Owensboro there are two really good places to get BBQ but I would pick this one hands down.

• Visited May 2013

80% Recommend
Franklin
“OMG BBQ!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This place has won numerous awards for their BBQ in the state of Kentucky along with National Contests. Would highly recommend going here for at least one meal and this coming after being on a vegetarian diet for 16 months. What have I been thinking. Well done Old Hickory keep up the great cooking

Visited May 2013
Chisinau, Moldova
“Awesome Selection of BBQ. Must visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Awesome food. I have visited the other BBQ place in town a year ago (MoonLite) and this restaurant even though has similar atmosphere has awesome selection and very delicious.

The atmosphere is friendly with great service.

It exceeded my expectations and definitely will visit again. Very good prices. The sampler plater was more then enough food. Well cooked mutton.

Usually if a cook can prepare good mutton the other food is more likely to be awesome. This is the place that proves this rule true. I highly recommend this place.

For the lover of coffee there is a Starbucks within 2 minute walk of the restaurant that gives a good finish to the meal.

• Visited March 2013
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Family atmosphere but I had a business lunch there and it was all around a great experience. I literally did not have enough room in my stomach for all of the good grub that was in front of me.

Visited January 2013
Tierra Verde, Florida
“Mutton and burgoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I heard from a family member about the mutton here, so I stopped by on the way home for Thanksgiving. OMG!! I had the mutton and it was so tasty and so good, I stopped by again on my way back to Florida. The burgoo was really tasty on the first visit and the blackberry cobbler with ice cream was outstanding for the ride back home.

The restaurant was very clean and the service was top notch. My only regret is this place is 850 miles away from my house. I will go back over the Christmas holiday.

• Visited November 2012