“Always Great” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 132 Restaurants in Owensboro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
KY
“Always Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have been eating at Moonlite for years and it never fails to please my tastebuds! Went there today. Where do I begin??? The service is always great. The food is always hot and fresh. It's southern food at it's best! My favorites meats are chopped pork, ribs, barbeque chicken, country ham, and chicken livers. The salad bar has a good variety with my favorite being the cumber, pepper, tomato salad. I love the white beans, corn, dressing, and corn bread muffins. My favorite dessert is the banana pudding, but the buttermilk pie is good too. I can truthfully say this is by far the best buffet I have ever eaten. The price is great considering the quality and variety of food offered. We live about an 1 1/2 away, but every few months, we just have to go to Moonlite. YUM!!!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Georgetown, Kentucky
“A Must in Owensboro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We love this place. It is not that fancy, but just a good ole' place to meet and eat and eat...sigh! They have a huge selection of bbq, sides, and desserts. They had sliced brisket, pulled brisket, pulled pork, sliced pork, mutton, bbq chicken brest on the bone, grilled country ham, mac and cheese, great mashed potatoes, corn, bbq beans, broc casserole, peas and carrots, and green beans. They also have a bread selection and a salad bar. Our dinner was around $17 a person, but it's only around $10 if you go for lunch and I didn't see much difference in the selections. They also have a to go deli in which I watched them pull meat out of the smoker and cut for me. One of my favorites and I will always stop in when I'm in the area.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“beware of buffet line”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The buffet was well stocked and offered a wide selection but most of the items were either not hot enough or were overcooked from being on the line way too long. The items I did manage to select were tasty.

Visited February 2013
Chisinau, Moldova
“A famous place with good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The place is very popular as the people coming through town can find it by signs off the highway. The selection of BBQ is good. Service is good. For lunch tends to be a bit crowded so come earlier to get your parking spot and table.

Food is good, but not one I would call awesome. The expectations were not exceeded as flavor was expected. It did not WOW me, but is a good place to eat. I felt that price and quality were not completely at good ratio.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
South Carrollton, Ky
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Contrary to the last review, the Moonlight is consistently a great restaurant. The pulled pork & mutton are excellent. Ever try burgoo? It's an old Kentucky dish, originally made with deer, possum, raccoon, wild turkey,etc. Today, usually pork, mutton & chicken plus various veggies. It's a type of spicy stew. Moonlight's burgoo is well known. Presidents have eaten here, along with movie stars and famous musicians. One can order from the menu, but the buffet is the way to try everything from salads, to entrees to desserts. I've been going since I was a child (I have grandchildren now).

• Visited February 2013