“What a nightmare!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Owensboro
OLDSMAR, FL
“What a nightmare!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2005

This was by far the worse hotel I ever stay in. Nothing worked. We booked 2 rooms for 5 days and had to change rooms 6 times. When we first checked in, rooms were not cleaned from previous guest, first two rooms, second rooms; the air conditioners did not work in either room, both were about 80 degrees and after spending the day at the ballfield when the heat index in 112, you certainly would like a cool room. Talk about something cool, the heater on the indoor pool was broken so the pool was about 60 degrees and very cloudy. Day one, one of the 2 ice machines was working by day 5 neither was working. The exercise room consisted of 2 treadmills and one stairmaster none of them worked. The only time we got a clean room was when we were moving from one room to the other. No maid service and we had to track down clean towels everyday. Roof leaking and ceiling tiles were missing in the common area. To top it off, my debit card was charged more than the receipt I received upon checking out. Pictures on the website very deceiving. This place is a dump!!!!! Stay away!!!!!

• Stayed June 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Newark, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2005

Wow - how the Ramada chain has deteriorated over the years. I remember in the late 80's and early 90's that Ramada was THE place to stay wherever you were, definitely at the high-end of the budget accomodations, if not the low end of the luxury accomodations. This definitely does not seem to be the case anymore. Ramada has apparently begun a habit of acquiring properties from other hotel chains that are near the end of their life-span and operating them without repair until they are totally uninhabitable. I witnessed this first at a Ramada (ex-Hampton Inn) in Memphis, and then at this ex-Holiday Inn in Owensboro. It is immediately apparent that this once was a very nice property, and has the potential to be so again. Very well designed with a huge common area/restaurant/indoor pool. In it's present state, however, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. There are far better places to stay in Owensboro for similar rates. The pool/commons area here is scary. Very dark in places, and I can confirm earlier reviews about the pool being disgusting. The rooms are moderately clean, but if you're allergic to mold you're in big trouble. Almost every person in our group of 50+ reported significant amounts of mold in their rooms and bathrooms. My own bathroom ceiling and walls were covered in it. Gross.

Take my advice and the advice of several other negative posts: STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2005

I rented a room here so my daughter could have a swim party. The Executive Inn was full, that was were I wanted to stay. The room was OK, but the aircondioning unit was nasty looking and was located under the sink and looked like it leaked and not to mention it just did not cool the room at all!! I guess the worst thing was the Pool!! It was just nasty!! horriable smell, mold around the sides, of course the kids swam in this not telling me how bad it was, until the next day. My daughter got a bad cut on her foot from hitting something on the side of the pool. Three days later my daughter developes a rash all over, we go the the doctor, she has imetigo, and horriable swimmers ear in both ears!! The doctor is pretty sure it was because of the state of the water she was in. The cut on her foot allowed bacteria to enter to cause the imetigo. I suggest you stay somewhere else.

I do have to add, the Pizza place in the hotel was wonderful.. They deliver to the room and the food is very good!!

• Stayed May 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2005

Flea bag hotel. Where do I start? Web sites are deceiving to the eyes. Remember the bad dream we all have? You plan a trip, see "pictures of the place you are staying, think how great it will be, and then you arrive to your destination! You walk into a place that looks like Animal House has just had Spring Break inside and no one has cleaned it up." That would be a complement for this place. Stayed for a soccer tournament and experienced a terrible MOLD investation. Stay away from this one...I repeat stay away!

• Stayed April 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2005

We stayed 4 days and enjoyed our stay there. Our favorite of the whole place was the resturant called Mama Lea's Pizza. We talked with the couple that owns it and they just opened it up 3 months ago. They where born and raised in Owensboro. They are seperate from the hotel. They have a little bit of something for everyone. They told us with the low carb craze they have what they call the Pizza bowl and for dieters they have salads. Of course they have pizzas and they are good to and low priced. We ate there 4 days and we all got something differn't each day. My favorite was the baked zita with itilian sausage. We will deffintly go back our next visit to Owensboro. Goodluck Mama Lea's we hope to see you soon.

• Stayed March 2005
Tell City IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2005

This hotel has great value. Staff is very friendly. They have free high speed internet & lobby computer to check your email or surf during free time. No need to carry your laptop.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Owensboro? Share your experiences!