“Dated - but fantastic location makes it worth it” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Newport
Asheville, North Carolina
“Dated - but fantastic location makes it worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Typical budget motel, dated and musty. HOWEVER, it was an excellent location. Ohio riverfront, right beside a nice bridge to downtown. Easy walking distance to downtown. Stayed here prior to running in the flying pig marathon. We ran right past the motel which was great. I got to see my family during the run and they didn't have to try to drive around downtown.

Room Tip: Stay on the river side
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
contact_travelodge, Manager at Newport Riverfront Travelodge, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. The Travelodge has been in Newport Kentucky for several decades, but we are under new management and undergoing renovations that will make us sparkle once again.
The location as you noted is incredible! We are within walking distance from the Newport Aquarium, Ball Brown Stadium, Great American Ball Park, US Bank Arena.
We hope that you will try us again, maybe even one of our balcony rooms that overlooks the river and the Cincinnati Skyline.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Saint Albans, WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The location is what helps this hotel get booked. When we pulled up to this hotel there was a very few cars in the lot. We went to check in (before 3:00pm) and our room was not ready, so we went to the Cincinnati Zoo which was about 20 minutes away and then came back around 5:00p, and another woman was working the desk. Not friendly at all; we tried asking her what places she would recommend to eat at and she just ignored us. I believe her name may have been Linda. She was the younger of the women working. Anyhow we get to our room, and I was very upset with the room. First: ******YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR OWN CONTROLS FOR HEAT OR AIR***** The front desk controls the whole hotel. It was around 70 during the day and 50 at night which I think is cool and they said they have not turned the heat on yet but we had air conditioner. I thought that was CRAZY!!!!!!! Then I look in the bathroom and there was no tub only a shower. I would stay here again just for the location. You are right beside the bridge and Newport on the Levee. If you are going stay just a few nights and wont be in your room much, i would stay here. The price really isn't the best for what you get, but remember the LOCATION is awesome!!!!

Room Tip: I would get a room with a balcony and hopefully a bath tub!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
contact_travelodge, Manager at Newport Riverfront Travelodge, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
The Travelodge is under new management, and I regret that we were not here in time for your stay. We are making great strides in improving this property.
Our location is wonderful!! Being at the River Front allows a person to walk across the Purple People Bridge and be right at the Bengals Stadium, The Cincinnati Reds Ball Park or the US Bank Arena. Also, our river front rooms offer a beatuiful view of the Cincinnati Sky Line, especially at night!
We ask that you do consider us once again when you are in the area.
Maple Heights
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

That basically says it all. I just stayed there for concert in October it was a great location and walking distance to the arena. But little did I know I would find a cockroach 45 minutes before checkout! (Had I found it the night b4 I would have left!) I called the front desk because I didn't want to cause a big scene and the lady didn't even apologize and just said "well if you come down to the front desk I can give you something for that!" Not even the least bit shocked at all! Then I said if I bring them home with me I'm gonna be pissed and told her I'm not paying for the room. and she said "I understand, I can give you a discount but I can't refund your whole amount." They only took $20 off. I will never stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013
contact_travelodge, Manager at Newport Riverfront Travelodge, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
I can definitely understand your disgust at what you found. We have recently gone under new management and we are working with Terminix to make stays like this a thing of the past. Regretfully, this comes after your stay.
We are cleaning out the entire hotel and making changes daily to give guest what they are paying for, a decent, clean, restful stay.
I greatly apologize for your experiences and hope that in the future you would consider us again.

Been to Newport Riverfront Travelodge? Share your experiences!