“Very very GOOD!!!~” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Murray
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very very GOOD!!!~”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

When my family visits relatives in Murray we always stay at Murray Plaza Lodge. Making reservation is the simplest among all hotels I have been in. I just call them and give my name. That’s it. Since we are repeating customers, they don’t ask anything else. The rooms are clean and spacious and all items are well arranged. Microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker in room are quite useful for us in staying multiple nights. Since we drink a lot of coffee, the maids refill coffee items with extra amount. Four pillows on each bed give nice back support when watching TV. Free wifi works fast. What else can you ask for?

Room Tip: "Suite on the corner is large,sunny and quieter"
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Helian O, Owner at Murray Plaza Lodge, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you very much for your patronage. We are glad to hear our simple reservation process made you feel happy. Not long after we saw your review here, we had two guests in a row reserved your favorite suite. It must be the power of your review. Thank you so much again, and we are looking forward to seeing you and your family soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bluegrass
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We were in Murray to attend a funeral, and since there was also a high school band competition at Murray State, hotel rooms were few and far between. This place was not my first choice, but everything else was booked. I always check the reviews on Trip Advisor and was impressed with the positive reviews for this old fashioned motor lodge. Since we needed a place for the night, we took a chance and made our reservation. The lady checking us in couldnt have been friendlier and her friendliness was very natural. She wasn't just doing her job...she was very genuine. When we first opened the door to our room, i thought "oh no...what have I done?" It was the smallest motel room I've ever been in. It was difficult for my husband and I to try to walk around at the same time...literally. My husband hit the bathroom first and then called me to look at the tub. For a moment I thought perhaps we had a jacuzzi tub! I couldn't believe my eyes and I'm still not sure what this "tub" was supposed to be, because a two year old could not get an adequate bath in this contraption! Maybe it could be used for a foot washing? At least there was a shower! Tiny room with a tiny bath. The sink had no counter space, which made getting ready the next morning a real problem. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean (except for a pesky fly who shared our room that night), but the size of the room was claustrophobic to say the least! Trying to get ready for the funeral the following morning was not easy, due to two adults trying to do what had to be done without enough room to do it in. My husband and i managed to keep a sense of humor through it all. There is a gazebo area in front of the hotel and we had talked about having our morning coffee there, but when we woke up at 7 a.m., there were a couple of ladies setting up for a crafts sale in the gazebo. Thought that was a little strange...and disappointing. Would have enjoyed having our morning coffee there without feeling as if we needed to purchase a crocheted Santa Claus .

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed in this place two different times. The first was last summer. The room had one bed. It was very clean and quiet. It was beautiful outside with flowers and greens. The second time was last night. The room had two beds. Again, it was very clean and warm. The coffee in room tastes good. The staff is kind. I would recommend the lodge to anyone who needs room in Murray area.

Room Tip: Room 119 was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Helian O, Owner at Murray Plaza Lodge, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Hey, First review in this new year!! Thank you for returning and writing us a very good review. We are glad to hear that our place was warm and clean for you. We will keep working hard to make all the guests happy. Thank you again, and happy new year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I've become a frequent visitor to Murray Plaza Lodge since my daughter now attends Murray State.The rooms are clean, with microwave, fridge, tv, and even a coffee pot. I like that the place is a no smoking, no pets zone. STAFF IS VERY FRIENDLY!

• Stayed December 2013
Helian O, Owner at Murray Plaza Lodge, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your time and writing an extremely nice review. Hope you and your daughter are having nice time together while she is back home for winter break. We also wish you merry Christmas and Happy new year!

Sligo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

What a charming place to stay. The staff was friendly, polite and ever so helpful. The outside is delightful with numerous places to sit and enjoy the quiet or meet new people. The grounds are very nice with ivy covering some of the building and flowers everywhere. All rooms are on the first floor making it easy for people with difficulties. The rooms are very clean ,large and quite comfortable. The rooms were cleaned every day and you could tell the owners take great pride in their business. The best compliment I can give is that it makes you feel like visiting one of your loved relatives.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Helian O, Owner at Murray Plaza Lodge, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Sligonurse:
Wow! Thank you so much for writing us such a wonderful review. We really appreciate the lovely note you and your husband left in the room. You two are truly lovely lady and gentleman that every hotel owners should wish to have as guests. Thank you again, and hope you have very happy holidays!

Collierville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is a nice place to stay in Murray for the price. Our son is in school at Murray State and we have been to Murray several times in the last couple month. We have paid twice to three times as much at some of the other hotels in Murray, but this is where we will stay all the time going forward. It is no frills, but very economical and you have all the basics. Only one problem I can think of is that the bathroom had only one outlet that I could not plug my hair dryer into because the plug was under the light and there wasn't enough room to fit it in. Next time I will bring an extension cord with me! The outside of the motel is kept nicely landscaped and clean and the carpet and bathroom was VERY clean inour room along with all the other thing in the room.

Dear Shelly:
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking your precious time in writing us a good review. It seems we happen to give you a room in one of the corners that doesn't have hair dryer installed. Most of our bathrooms have more outlets with hair dryers already installed. We will make sure to give you a room that meets your needs the best. We will fix any inconvenience as soon as our time permits. Thank you very much for your advice and we are looking forward to seeing you next time!

Hermitage, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for 12 straight nights in Late June early July 2012. Everything was just as promised. High Recommendation! Room was always clean. The couple who own and manage the property are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013
Helian O, Owner at Murray Plaza Lodge, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear our dearest guest:
Thank you so much for your time. Your review to us means so much more than what we can say with simple words. We will make sure to keep writing good reviews for other good businesses to pay your kindness forward. Thank you again, and hope you and your family have very happy holidays!
Ray and Helian.

Been to Murray Plaza Lodge? Share your experiences!