“Loved our stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Girl at Heart Farm Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Munfordville
Country Girl at Heart Farm Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Country Girl at Heart Farm Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
6230 Priceville Road, Munfordville, KY 42765   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Munfordville B&B and Inns
Napa, California
“Loved our stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We are from the Napa Valley where B&B's are expected to be pretentious and stuffy. What a pleasure it was to travel to this beautiful part of Kentucky and experience true down-home hospitality on a working farm. Darlene is the no nonsense straight forward proprietor who has a heart of gold and plenty of stories to match. Her home is full of interesting knick knacks, unique antiques and wonderful local artistry. The Patriot room we stayed in was perfect The play room downstairs was just right for our niece and the wide selection of movies is very family friendly. The farm is fun for kids and peaceful for the adults. Long walks while enjoying great views and scenery should be on your time budget for this stay.
We also enjoyed the wonderful scenery while on our way from this B&B to Mammoth Caves and the Bourbon Trail distilleries. We could have spent a few more days enjoying Darlene's fantastic and very filling breakfasts (we never had to eat lunch!) while touring the local attractions. While you are there don't forget to enjoy the Warrior Poets CD, a unique compilation of songs performed by Darlene's very talented daughters. Would love to go back for a "jamming on the porch" experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Spring Hill, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stay in bed and breakfasts when I travel and was looking forward to getting away. Upon arrival with luggage in hand, the proprietor talked and talked for about 45 minutes until we were shown our room. I am not sure if we got a word in edgewise and plus, after driving for several hours to get here, we wanted to put up our feet. Don't get me wrong, the proprietor is very friendly but just talked incessantly about how the house was built, how to use the projector and to not erase the chalkboard of drawings that previous people had drawn on.

Our room was extremly clean and spacious as well as our bathroom. We were told how to get to Munfordville (after 33 curves) and when we did, many places were closed because it was the weekend. We did get some deli food from the local IGA and take it back to eat. Because it was very cold outside, we sat in front of the stove and enjoyed the fire.

The breakfast was good but I wasn't sure about "taking a mug" from the very long table. I don't know how long they had been there and wiped mine out to just be sure. All the cups and mugs were on the dining table and with the dustiness of the room, I wasn't sure how long they were there before I was to use it.

The pros to my stay were the comfy (non-cluttered) bedroom, the breakfast, and sitting in front of the wood-burning stove).

The cons were the cluttered downstairs and basement (dust everywhere), the lack of awareness from the proprietor when we arrived, and even though I loved her little dogs, the front of the downstairs (where the kitchen and "shop" were) smelled very strongly of wet dog. Kind of off-putting.

I know this is a running farm and I expect it to be, but since I have stayed at many farms, this was the least of my favorites. Would I return? Probably not.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed 2 nights early October, we virtually had the place to ourselves, Rooms very comfortable, we has the artisan room bed comfy, bathroom was spotless, breakfast was not huge, which for me is good as some BB breakfast can be overwhelming.

Note I did not find out until I went out that areas around here are DRY, so check where you go for dinner because if you want a wine or beer with it you may be out of luck

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonnieville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Mrs. Darlene is a friend of and we have the Olde Mill Stone Restaurant in Bonnieville Ky just minutes for her Mrs. Darlene sends us her quest to eat and enjoy our southern home cooking food grandmothers recipes we have our secret battering for our famous pork chops famous chix tenders and our homemade blackberry cobbler and buttermilk pie so thank you Mrs Darlene we are located at 7526 N Dixie Hwy Bonnieville ky and open another one called Lil Taste of Home in 200 E Union St Munfordville Ky right behind the old court house in a building that was built in 1933 this is a town you would want to visit so visit mrs Darlene

Room Tip: I not stay the night I visit I am a friend I could go and sat there all day
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The website is so very appealing, but unfortunately our experience was not. Although our room was quite comfortable and clean, the owner could use some training in 'customer care.' My partner and I were greeted upon arrival with a strange tour of the dining living area and a slightly creepy basement/game-room. The owner talked incessantly (mainly about herself!), and seemed oblivious to our travel weary selves. We were finally taken to our room, but unfortunately the endless self-involved chatter continued in the morning accompanied by a mediocre breakfast at best. The next morning's breakfast was not much better. We very much enjoyed seeing some of the animals and walking the grounds, but our general experience will take us to a much quieter place next time in Kentucky.....

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here while she had a training class and we loved staying here! We didn't get to spend much time enjoying the farm due to the class, but we loved the time we did spend and are stoked to come stay again, likely for 3 days so we can fully take in the farm and the surrounding area. Can't wait to come again. Wifi is limited to certain chairs (due to select wall interference - I wish she'd install a second access point at the back of the house), but where it worked, it worked very well.

Room Tip: The farmers room was so wonderfully decorated with farm items. It's bathroom is also wheelchair...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Country Girl B&B and wish it could have been longer. Darlene provides a unique, fun experience to her guests. There's something for everyone here and families will love it. We loved gathering eggs, feeding carrots to the horses and viewing the goats and bunnies. The breakfasts are delicious, rooms are spacious and decor is fun to see. Many collectibles. Darlene provides many family games and movies in the lower level. She is warm, very personable and helpful. Don't miss a stay here! I would plan another trip just to be here again.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Country Girl at Heart Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!