“Comfortable and Quite” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Girl at Heart Farm Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Munfordville
Country Girl at Heart Farm Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Country Girl at Heart Farm Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
6230 Priceville Road, Munfordville, KY 42765   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Munfordville B&B and Inns
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and Quite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed 2 nights early October, we virtually had the place to ourselves, Rooms very comfortable, we has the artisan room bed comfy, bathroom was spotless, breakfast was not huge, which for me is good as some BB breakfast can be overwhelming.

Note I did not find out until I went out that areas around here are DRY, so check where you go for dinner because if you want a wine or beer with it you may be out of luck

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bonnieville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Mrs. Darlene is a friend of and we have the Olde Mill Stone Restaurant in Bonnieville Ky just minutes for her Mrs. Darlene sends us her quest to eat and enjoy our southern home cooking food grandmothers recipes we have our secret battering for our famous pork chops famous chix tenders and our homemade blackberry cobbler and buttermilk pie so thank you Mrs Darlene we are located at 7526 N Dixie Hwy Bonnieville ky and open another one called Lil Taste of Home in 200 E Union St Munfordville Ky right behind the old court house in a building that was built in 1933 this is a town you would want to visit so visit mrs Darlene

Room Tip: I not stay the night I visit I am a friend I could go and sat there all day
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The website is so very appealing, but unfortunately our experience was not. Although our room was quite comfortable and clean, the owner could use some training in 'customer care.' My partner and I were greeted upon arrival with a strange tour of the dining living area and a slightly creepy basement/game-room. The owner talked incessantly (mainly about herself!), and seemed oblivious to our travel weary selves. We were finally taken to our room, but unfortunately the endless self-involved chatter continued in the morning accompanied by a mediocre breakfast at best. The next morning's breakfast was not much better. We very much enjoyed seeing some of the animals and walking the grounds, but our general experience will take us to a much quieter place next time in Kentucky.....

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here while she had a training class and we loved staying here! We didn't get to spend much time enjoying the farm due to the class, but we loved the time we did spend and are stoked to come stay again, likely for 3 days so we can fully take in the farm and the surrounding area. Can't wait to come again. Wifi is limited to certain chairs (due to select wall interference - I wish she'd install a second access point at the back of the house), but where it worked, it worked very well.

Room Tip: The farmers room was so wonderfully decorated with farm items. It's bathroom is also wheelchair...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Country Girl B&B and wish it could have been longer. Darlene provides a unique, fun experience to her guests. There's something for everyone here and families will love it. We loved gathering eggs, feeding carrots to the horses and viewing the goats and bunnies. The breakfasts are delicious, rooms are spacious and decor is fun to see. Many collectibles. Darlene provides many family games and movies in the lower level. She is warm, very personable and helpful. Don't miss a stay here! I would plan another trip just to be here again.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I live and work in the middle of Chicago in a high stress job. My husband booked this place on our way to South Carolina for our two kids and us. Wish we could have stayed longer than one night! A rooster woke me in the morning and my morning coffee included another rooster and a cat! Darlene knows how to make people from all walks feel comfortable. We are driving back to Chicago tonight from our trip and staying one more time! Looking forward to this peaceful place before we go home. You should try this, I found it very healing for my soul.

• Stayed July 2013
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights at this B&B and had a wonderful time! We loved the location... quiet and serene right off of a country road half an hour away from the national park. Darlene was great, the house and rooms were clean and beautiful, there was a basement full of games and movies if you got bored, breakfast was good, and best of all the farm animals were adorable! Besides horses, goats, cats, dogs and ducks, there are dozens of free range chickens and you can gather your own eggs everyday after breakfast. Loved our stay and will definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Girl at Heart Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!