“Wonderful farm experience!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Girl at Heart Farm Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Munfordville
Country Girl at Heart Farm Bed & Breakfast
6230 Priceville Road, Munfordville, KY 42765   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Munfordville B&B and Inns
Des Moines, Iowa
“Wonderful farm experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I booked this location without checking Trip Advisor first, which is something I almost never do. I am SO glad I did. After booking this location I decided to try to look it up on Trip Advisor. Wow, what a negative and seemingly unfair review. I am not sure what the previous reviewer from Canada was looking for, but we loved our stay. We were greeted by Darlene, the owner, who left her career in Conneticut with her daughters to fulfill a dream of living in the country, owning a farm, and running a bed and breakfast. They had obviously poured their heart into the farm and it showed.

We stayed in the Pioneer Room, which had an ajoining room with four more beds seperated by a door. The rooms were tastefully decorated and the beds were comfortable. There was a large bathroom with a great hot tub for relaxing. It probably would make a great honeymoon suite. Each room had its own ac/heating controls which is nice as I sleep well in a cold room. Darlene offered a tour of the other four guest rooms and I discovered each was themed differently. There was the Patriot room, with some interesting history, an Artisian room decorated by local artists, a Gentry room, and a Farmer's room.

The guest area, which is the entire back half of the house, has three levels. The upstairs has four of the five guest rooms, the main floor has an open eating area, couches, piano, book shelves etc. and the basement is the ultimate kid area. It has a pool table, ping pong table, foosball, air hockey, an entire wall you can draw on, crafts, puzzles, paint etc. The room with the projector and "wall" movie screen is there. It gives it a "movie theater" atmosphere and my kids loved it. Outside of the rooms in the upstairs hall was a small fridge with bottles of water. On a table in the dining area Darlene had set out a variety of snacks for the taking.

Darlene gave us a tour of the farm, which has roosters, hens, ducks, goats, horses, a couple cats, two dogs, and three rabbits. She showed my daughters how to collect eggs and gave them carrots to feed the horses. Even though we are from Iowa, we don't have much farm experience and my children absolutely loved it. They thanked me over and over for taking them to "the farm."

We came down for breakfast at 8:00 a.m. and found a beautifully set table with bowls of fresh fruit waiting for us and a hot pot of coffee. For breakfast we had chocolate and blueberry pancakes, farm fresh eggs, bacon, and orange juice.

Overall, we had a wonderful stay. The bed and breakfast is set out in the country, amidst rolling hills and small farms. We saw a number of Amish familes out working in the fields around their homes and a couple of black Amish buggies. I drove about 10 minutes west to a small "mom and pop" pizza place recommended by Darlene. It was great; everyone seemed to know everyone! I can't think of a better way to escape the busyness of city life.

It is a slower peaceful side of life that I tend to forget exists, and I would gladly stay at the farm again. It was one of those places where we arrived as guests and left as friends.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

To begin with their website is appealing and attracted us to go there. However when you arrive the dream ends and reality begins. It is not in a very nice or attractive area. The farm itself is rather run down and seems to lack maintenance. you are given a tour of the dining area which consists of second hand mix and match furniture . A bizarre movie room (screen painted on wall with a projector ) and a outdoor patio area with used dirty patio furniture(yes folks it gets worse). We were told breakfast is served at a specific time , however they were 30 minutes late cooking for 4 people. Food was terrible and sausage gravy lukewarm at best . The bedrooms themselves were perfectly fine along with bathrooms. If you wanted a snack you could have stale cookies left on table and wash it down with a small bottle of Sams club water. The animals were nice but the only odd duck appeared to be the owner. Green Eco farm equals cheap /used farm. The only green i miss was the money I spent there . there website will attract first time visitors but not repeat visitors. hilight was driving away . This is a honest portrayal of our experience

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Girl at Heart Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!