“Updating Prior Review” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kastle Inn

Save Saved
You added Kastle Inn to your Saves list
Kastle Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2184 S Wilderness Rd, I-75 & US Highway 25, Exit 59, Mount Vernon, KY 40456   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Louisville, Ky
“Updating Prior Review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

After noting some of the recent reviews, I was somewhat apprehensive as to what to expect.

I am happy to report that I had a good stay. The place was clean, well kept up, had a good bed and I am glad to report, I did not observe any of the negative indications in some of the prior reviews.

The facility though somewhat old, has been updated and while they do not offer breakfast, for the price, it is an excellent value, much better than I was offered at two of the competitor motels.

Some of the older negative reviews were attributable to prior management, but things have changed for the better with the present management which has considerably upgraded the place and shows pride in ownership.

One of the positive things for me was that they welcome pets and at a reasonable cost. Another positive was the beautiful outside view of the mountain area.

II have stayed at this motel in the past and at this point, would expect to return the next time that I am in the area.
.......

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brownsville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This place is no place for respectable people. Trash tenets there a woman who wears a long dress with no underwear and shows her necked butt to the men married men! I think she and another is a prostitute.The rooms are drab depressing and small. Just a trashy place to stay. Small TV, dirty bed sheets and dirty bathtub. Just ruined my stay in mount Vernon. This use to be a great motel, had a nice pool and just lovely until it was bought by another person who has allowed it to go to trash. If you decide to stay there watch your men from the prostitutes that hang there. WARNING DON'T STAY HERE IT IS JUST AWFUL.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We recently stayed here for one night to attend a local wedding. You need to have a positive & open mind when staying here. If you look for fault, you will find it. We were pleased though. The room was on par for the price. I used Priceline.com to book the room. Our total bill was $66. ($59.95 + tax). It was clean with no offensive odors. The entire motel is very old and very simple...but do-able. There was a refrigerator, small coffee maker & microwave in the room. The refrigerator kept our food very cold & is not just a tiny mini-fridge. It also has a small freezer. We did not use the microwave, coffee maker or the TV. There was free wi-fi which had a strong connection. We streamed netflix on our devices just fine. The shower had strong enough water pressure & was clean. We travel with our own towels, so we didn't use the available ones. The towels provided looked very small & dingy with age. The air conditioning worked great, the room actually got too cold until we turned it down. The beds seemed fresh & were not pillow-top or fancy, but comfortable enough. The man at the front desk was very cordial. It is near the interstate, so you do have some traffic noise. I also heard water running some times from other rooms. We did not stay here with our dogs this time, but they do accept pets. There was a sign in the lobby that said pets are $10/night extra & that there is a $50 fee for undisclosed pets.

I rated this a 4 because we will stay here again if necessary. It pleasantly surprised me.

Room Tip: If you stay with your pet(s), we suggest you ask for a room on the back of the building. There is m...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shelby, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Kastle Inn is a lot like Motel 6 which is a good thing. In addition there was a microwave and refrigerator in our room. The ice machine was broken but the manager arranged for me to get some from the busy adjacent Mexican restaurant. It was clean, did not smell of smoke and adequate. It was a good value. I would stay there again and recommend it to other thrifty people.

Room Tip: There is loud traffic noise on the front. Get a room in the back as far away from the road as possib...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Berea, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this motel for a bit. Older Motel but decent for the money and room rented was clean.
Own'ers friendly/helpful, do most all the work themselves.(New owner's, changed hands six months ago or so) so wouldn't think one could go by the older reviews.

Nice hot/steamy baths, can get towles/etc.. as often as need, ice/pop machine convient for all
to use, two Resteraunts (Mexican, Pizza Hut) on same location as Motel , very close to I-75, mt. vernon, gas station, pretty hills/view, gazebo to sit at, nice big yard, large parking lot, pet
friendly w/pet fee, security camera's, pretty safe/secure feeling.
Only con's is side next to the freeway's noisey 24/7 (back side little quieter), and
drive is a steep embankment.
Other than that, I have nothing negative to say about the place.
Decent place.

Room Tip: No pool, No fitness center. Decent Motel for the buck.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at this property this past weekend while visiting Renfro Valley. The new owners have done a tremendous job in updating this modest priced motel. Yes it has some age on it, but it was clean and comfortable for our weekend stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

The carpets were full of dead bugs and there were at least 30 cockroaches behind the tv. And even more in the bathroom. We went in the winter the hill was, we almost wrecked into truck. When we walked into the room we noticed that there was a foul smell, we lifted up the sheets and there was urine all over the bed. I feared for my childrens health. DO NOT STAY HERE, EVER!!!!

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Kastle Inn? Share your experiences!