“New Barn Singin” 4 of 5 stars
Review of National Heritage Inn and Suites

You added National Heritage Inn and Suites to your Saves list
National Heritage Inn and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2090 Richmond Street, I-75 & U.S. 25, Exit 62, Mount Vernon, KY 40456 (Formerly Renfro Valley Heritage Inn And Suites)   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Highlands, North Carolina
“New Barn Singin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Very enjoyable time. Would recommend and travel here again. Hotel very close to attractions and very good food at the Historic Lodge Restaurant. Very friendly and helpful people at the ticket booth for the shows and at the Hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
NHI_Manager, Group Sales at National Heritage Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate your recent stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
ky.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We spent 2 nights at this hotel,we chose it because it was so very close to the music shows.Our room was very clean with comfortable beds.I was disappointed because there wasn't a refrigerator in the room.The breakfast had gravy and biscuits which is a must for my husband.There were hot and cold items.Scramble eggs were in the form of a disk and had to be heated in the microwave.They did not look appealing,but I tried them anyways and they tasted fine.The staff in every part of the hotel were very nice and willing to help in anyway.We did not use the pool,but the area was clean and nice.Yes I would go back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
NHI_Manager, Group Sales at National Heritage Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your kind review.
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and found our staff friendly and helpful. Thank you for noting the rooms were clean, comfortable and located close to your destination.
Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Laurelville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed here on July 11, 2014. Was told at check-in our room wasn't ready because they were making repairs to it. No problem as we went to get lunch nearby and give them time to finish their repairs. When we finally got our room it looked fairly clean. There were cigarette burns in the drapes and the bedspread and mold or stains on shower curtain. At bedtime they must have put a herd of elephants in room above us. They stomped back and forth on the floor for at least an hour going on midnight. Traffic noise was terrible and other guests did not know how to close their room doors without slamming them. And people in next room talking loud. The breakfast was so so. Nothing to write home about. Probably will not stay there again. Also they don't honor AAA or AARP on Friday and Saturday night. The price we paid for what we got was not even close to a fair trade. Have stayed at much better places for a lot less and friendlier people.

Room Tip: Maybe if rooms were to back of hotel instead of roadside they may be a little quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us.
While we could not accommodate a noon check-in, we were happy to be able to provide a 2 pm check-in for you and your husband. Our normal check-in time is 4 pm and weekends are a very busy time for us.
If you encounter any problems during your visit, please contact the front desk. Once we are aware of any disturbance we will act at once.
I recommend booking directly with a hotel to understand their rates, room types offered, and discount policy.
Thanks again for staying with us and once again, I hope you had a wonderful anniversary weekend.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on July 3rd for the first time and I found it to be very pleasant and nice. I have stayed in a lot of hotels over the last 15 years and I must say that this hotel smelled and felt the cleanest of all of them (even the expensive resort hotels). The room was very nice and it was very quite throughout the hotel which allowed me to get a good nights rest. The breakfast was fair. We did have to heat up a couple of items, but the food was still good and held me over until lunch. The front desk staff was very friendly, with great southern hospitality. The guests were also wonderful and very friendly and we had a great time talking to everyone there in passing. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area looking for a nice, relaxing evening. There is also some wonderful "country" scenery and the hotel is located close to Renfro Valley, which I believe has some country &/or gospel music shows. I am certain I will stay here again in the future. Note: I only rated the fitness center and restaurant as "average" because I'm not sure if they have one, as I did not look for one or need to use it. Thanks for a great stay! ---Barb

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
NHI_Manager, Group Sales at National Heritage Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your kind review. We take great effort to keep our hotel clean and to show our guests how much we want them to feel like family. I am so happy that you experienced our hospitality and we hope to see you again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here many times, rooms are clean, people are friendly and really if you are going to Renfro Valley it is the only decent hotel in the area. We are so spoiled by Hampton. I did not go down for the breakfast, but my husband everything had to be heated. Where at most hotels we stay at it is already heated. The one thing that really concerned me was the lack of concern when we mentioned teenagers running up and down the halls, it was like sorry deal with it, not in those words but sorry I did not see anything or hear anything. When several rooms were complaining at the same time. Other than those things, it is a nice place to stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us again. I am very happy that you experienced our cleanliness and hospitality. Unfortunately, there was a medical emergency, during your stay, and a child did run for help. I apologize for any inconvenience, we make every effort to insure our guests have a quiet and enjoyable stay.
Loveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is the first time I have stayed at this hotel or even this chain of hotels. I stayed on 6/26/14. The location of the hotel was very relaxing. My room overlooked a huge field. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and made you feel welcome. The gentleman in maint. was extremely helpful in trying to fix the issue with the TV. The room was good size and very clean. Might have needed an update or two but for the price it was great! The only disappointment I had was the breakfast. Everyone in the reviews that I read were very positive about the breakfast. I travel every week for my job and this was the first time I ever encountered this type of breakfast. I am not saying it was good or bad ( because I didn't eat it ). But the scrambled eggs and the sausage were frozen discs and you had to put them in a micro wave to have breakfast. This was just something that I wasn't use to. The breakfast area was very clean and organized but I wasn't impressed with the frozen food. But the hotel and staff were really nice and I would be back ( though I would go elsewhere for breakfast ). Thanks for a good stay.
Bob ( Ohio )

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
NHI_Manager, Group Sales at National Heritage Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us.
We strive for our guests to feel like family and I am glad you experienced that hospitality while staying at National Heritage Inn.
We hope to see you again soon!
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I was planning a trip to Northwest Ohio and needed a place to stop and crash halfway. I found this hotel on Mapquest, and read excellent reviews and so I decided to book this hotel. I am glad I did! This is an excellent hotel for a great price. It was clean and the free breakfast had a wide variety to choose from. They had an outdoor pool...a rarity these days...and it was clean and pristine. Most of all, I enjoyed the friendly staff. Everyone from the front desk to the kitchen to housekeeping was so warm and friendly. They sincerely seemed to appreciate that me and my 2 year old daughter were staying there. They doted on my daughter while we were there, and her stuffed kitty. I don't think I have ever stayed at a hotel that welcoming...and when you are traveling solo with a toddler, that is much needed! We felt safe and comfortable during our stay. Even the other patrons were extremely sweet and kind...there was a bus of seniors that were staying there, so of course, my little girl got a lot of extra attention from them! I liked it so much, that I booked the hotel so that we could stay there on the way back from Ohio as well. Next time we travel to Ohio, we will be sure to stay there again!

Room Tip: If you want the AAA discount, be sure to call the hotel...you can't get it if you book online.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
NHI_Manager, Group Sales at National Heritage Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for the excellent review! And thank you for staying with us.
It was impossible not to dote on your daughter. You were both very sweet guests.
We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Vernon
3.0 of 5 stars 13 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Berea
Holiday Inn Express Berea
Hampton Inn London-North

Been to National Heritage Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!