“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
evansville
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We drive almost an hour to go to this restaurant a few times a year. We were there mid afternoon so they were not crowded. There were a couple of large parties that were being served by another waitress and it appeared she had everything well under control. Our waitress was a different story. It didn't take her long to take our drink order. But coming to take our food order was another story. My husband ordered some kind of combination dinner that had alligator, shrimp and frog legs. He has had that many times before but always had generous portions. This time was different and the price had gone up about $3. Itty bitty frog legs, the alligator was extremely tough and there were just a few shrimp. I ordered the hamburger basket with onion rings. The onion rings were really good. Burger not so much. It was dry and over cooked. Tasted like a frozen burger that you would get a Walmart. My husband got a salad with his meal. She brought it out with no crackers. They always serve crackers with salad. He asked for some and she said she would go get them. Never saw her again until he had already eaten it. Mind you, I don't know where she was disappearing to because she was not waiting on any other tables. Then when we were done, we sat there for a good 15 minutes before she reappeared wanting to know if we wanted dessert. We just wanted our bill where we could get out of there. I absolutely can't stand it when they take so long to bring the check. I feel as if I am being held hostage. Food and service has gone to the dogs in my opinion!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Henderson, Kentucky
“Always good ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The Feed Mill has great fries catfish and Cajun food. Lots of atmosphere; full bar if you are interested. Their menu isn't huge, but what they do they do well. Hamburgers look good. Not a lot for the vegetarian but the house salad with a baked potato is good , as are the salad dressings. Very reasonable prices and great food!