“WOW...this is an awesome find!” 5 of 5 stars

Flemingsburg road, Morehead, KY
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Morehead
Cuisines: American
“WOW...this is an awesome find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband grew up in this beautiful little town, and when we come back to visit, we know our choices to eat out are limited. We had not been to this establishment prior, and decided to try it. From the building, cleanliness, staff and great food.. This place is an excellent choice.

Once we ordered, we were given some fresh warm scones to enjoy while we waited for our lunch. While we had soup and a sandwich, it was delicious. You know when you have a sandwich with just the right amount of meat and cheese carefully prepared on fresh bread generously sliced... It comes comfort food we all love, not just a sandwich...

Finally, as a thank you, and since it was our first visit, we were given fresh baked sugar cookies for free.

To top it all off, another patron recommended the coconut cream pie, so we purchased a whole one for the family to enjoy that evening after dinner. We were not disappointed, as it had the same high quality we had enjoyed earlier.

Well done....we will be back...and since we live out of state, we plan to order some scones to be delivered...well worth it.

Visited July 2013

winchester, Kentucky
“This place is the bomb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I almost never give 5 stars but this place deserves everyone one of them.

I met business associates here for lunch and what a wonderful surprise. It is a gourmet sandwich, salad and soup shoppe disguised as a bakery. The sweet treats are the stars but the food here is excellent as well. I had a reuben sandwich on homemade braided bread and the bread made this one of the best reubens I have ever had. For dessert, I split a huge piece of strawberry cake that was infused with coconut and a killer cream cheese icing. Amazing!

The service is absolutely on par with the food. Just the nicest wait staff and prompt as well.

I liked this place so much, my wife and I drove 45 miles back the next morning for homemade blueberry scones - oh my, it was worth the trip. On the way out the door, I got a bacon/cheese scone and it was savory and delicious as well. I plan to start using Root-A-Bakers for goodies for my business meetings. They will definitely be a huge hit.

If you are anywhere near Morehead, Ky for breakfast or lunch, I can't recommend this place enough.

• Visited June 2013