“Caters to the Lake Crowd” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Morehead
Cuisines: Barbecue
Winchester, Kentucky
“Caters to the Lake Crowd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Pretty good pulled pork sandwiches. Location is really convenient for people visiting Cave Run Lake from points west of Morehead. I wouldn't say they make the best pulled pork sandwiches I've ever had (cause I make the best myself!) but it certainly hits the spot when you come off the lake and need to recharge.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“Mediocre - would not return.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I swear I could smell the delicious smells emanating from the smoker outside of Pop's miles away from my hotel. However, the food did not live up to those smells. Restaurant atmosphere was a little overwhelming if you're not a hunter and into seeing stuffed animals and heads of animals all over the walls. I guess if you're eating meat at a bbq joint it's assumed that you're okay with seeing dead animals all around you but I didn't like it. Also, I don't eat pork or red meat so I was quite limited at this place as they didn't have chicken. Decided on smoked turkey. It did have a smokey flavor, however, something just didn't taste right. Also had beans and baked sweet potato. It was all mediocre - not impressed by anything but with such limited options in Morehead area you don't have many other choices. I figured Kentucky could do some good bbq but I was not impressed with this place. Would not go back.

Visited June 2013
Morehead, KY
“Good Eating Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Pretty good place for BBQ. Best in the area and close to Cave Run Lake on KY 801. Very popular among locals and visitors to the lake.

Visited October 2012
Soldier, Kentucky, United States
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stopped here before going to cave run lake. It is just a small restaurant with limited seating but they had the best pulled pork sandwich I have ever tasted. You have a choice between two types of BBQ sauce and both are good. I personally liked the sweeter one the most. Their French fries were perfect and the ranch on their salads was delicious!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great prices, even better food :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Best pulled pork sandwich ever! They slow cook their meats right there and the homemade BBQ sauce is the best! (The sweet is my favorite). French fries are delicious and the value is awesome. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited April 2013