“Cheap and old” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Morehead

You added Super 8 Morehead to your Saves list
Super 8 Morehead
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   602 Fraley Drive, I-64 Exit State Route 32, Morehead, KY 40351   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Morehead
“Cheap and old”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

The only thing "good" was the price. My non-smoking room had cigarette burn holes in the bed spread and pillow cases. Pillows were thin and flat, sheets were cheap and ill fitting but were clean.

Breakfast was very basic, cereal, coffee and cheap donuts. Overall, not awful for the price but I've seen much better at Red Roof Inn or Motel 6.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Morehead, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Not kidding! Found them in room 213 i stayed in and smelled like stale smoke and cat urine. I was bitten several times and even packed them home with me. Now I have spent a lot of time and money trying to get rid of them. New furniture and all! I am very unhappy and will make sure anyone I know doesn't make the mistake of coming here. I'm sure the staff try to do their best but they can do only so much, this is the owners fault for not doing their job properly to keep this from continuing. The pillows are falling apart, the bed spreads are old and torn. The carpets need to be cleaned or removed. This place needs Hotel Impossible!! If it would actually help. The elevator is nasty, tubs are beyond gross and the shower curtains need to be replaced since they contain mold. The underside of the beds are dusty and dirty and the furniture is falling apart. My friend found condoms in the nightstand drawers and in a bed spread....USED CONDOMS!!!!!! Holes in the carpet, burn spots from irons along with dirty coffee pots. Please don't stay here for your safety.

Room Tip: Stay away from second and third floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Woodbury, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and I were traveling home to NJ from KY and stopped here for the night. Our first stop was the Hampton Inn across the way, but they had no non-smoking rooms left so we passed. There was another non-chain, but rather quaint looking motel next door to the Super 8. One look at the lobby and we passed on that, too. We've stayed in Super 8's before and found them to be adequate, so we gave it a shot. The lobby was rather dreary looking, but at this point I just wanted a bed to sleep in so we checked in. BIG MISTAKE! The smoking room at the Hampton probably smelled better than our supposedly non-smoking room. I didn't see any bedbugs (I checked thoroughly) thank goodness, but the room was really disgusting. The bathroom floor was so sticky I didn't dare walk in there barefoot. Plus the linoleum was actually buckled in places. Sheets and towels were threadbare and dingy grey. The only thing half way decent was the coffee in the morning. If it wasn't so late, and we weren't so tired, we would have left but we just sucked it up and stayed. Hopefully this review will prevent anyone else from staying here. Shame on you Super 8!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Planned only to stay overnight because of traveling. I found a bug on the bed and took it to the front desk, only to be told that it was a tick. (I know what a tick looks like) The facility is pet friendly and that the housekeeping staff did not clean properly. Changed bedding.The sheets were threadbare and the blanket had burn holes. It was stated that even though it was a smoke free room you can't watch everyone. We found more bugs after changing the bedding. Left at midnight to drive home. ( I also had gotten bitten because a few days later my arms broke out in red spotts and had to be treated for bites.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Valdosta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

I was very impressed with how nice the staff was at the front desk and in the halls. However, the rooms were very old and needed repair. The sheets were thread-bare and the towels were slightly yellowed. The so called "continental breakfast" was very lacking. I also found that it wasn't very easy to sleep there. I wouldn't recommend this place, especially since there are a lot of other hotels in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Pinehurst, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011 via mobile

I was invoiced more at front desk than my online reservation...but the bigger concern: When I pulled back sheets I found a dead bedbug. I gathered my things and went to desk. When I informed the owner/manager his reply was, "Oh s_ _ t." Obviously a problem he was aware of......BEWARE!

• Stayed May 2011
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I stayed here on my trip to Virginia. The lady working the front desk had no idea what she was doing. I had paid in advance AND had a reciept but she still tried to charge me for the room. 20 minutes later....I still had to pay and try to get money back from the previous charge (thankfully I used a credit card.) The room smelled like cigarette smoke...VERY STRONG...I smoked for 20 years so a little cigarette smoke doesn't bother me...but this was TERRIBLE..Burn holes in the furniture, carpet and comforter.....I should have paid a few dollars more and stayed across the street.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Morehead? Share your experiences!