“Small but somehow great” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Morehead
“Small but somehow great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

When we checked in the staff was very friendly and they had cookies at front desk. The indoor swimming pool had a color changing light inside the pool, which was very nice. The breakfast was delicious, especially the cinnamon rolls . The rooms were perfectly clean although the bathroom was a little small. The hotel was in a convenient spot right next to a outstanding Mexican resturant.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
StaySmartStayYou, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morehead, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for the fantastic review. I have to say that I agree with the comment about the cookies, they great!!!

We strive to make all of our guest feel at home. I will pass along your kind words to our staff. Please keep us in mind the next time you travels bring you by.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here twice recently while traveling and I really enjoyed this location. The ladies at the front desk, Brittany and Jessica were very kind and helpful. There are good restaurants close by to have dinner. Breakfast is great so no need to eat out for that meal! The rooms were adequate, bathrooms are a tad small but nothing I couldn't handle. I will return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
StaySmartStayYou, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morehead, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. I will pass your kind words on to our staff. We look forward to next visit with us. Have a great summer!

Mechanicsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We decided to be adventuresome by taking a road trip and just stopping when we were tired of driving. This Holiday Inn Express was our first stop - good location – old – but refurbished. Being a priority club member, we were greeted warmly by the front desk staff and presented with a welcome gift. Our king-sized room was located on the 2nd floor – the room was of ample size – clean – comfortable bed. The hot breakfast buffet touted the typical fare –eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, pastries, yogurt, fruit, coffee, bagels, etc. The only negative aspects were a small bathroom, thin walls and a challenging WiFi connection. We would stay again even with the minor problems.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
StaySmartStayYou, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morehead, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay with us. We always look forward to hearing from our guests.

Our bathrooms are smaller compared to other Holiday Inn Express'. We were not originally built as a HIE but was convered several years ago.

Currently we are in the process of upgrading our wifi connections. Hopefully within the upcoming months you will begin to see a greater ease of connecting to the internet.

Again thank you for your feedback and we do look forward to your next stay with us.

Martin, ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Ok, I am going to say upfront that I didn't actually get to stay in this hotel BUT this is a review on their front desk customer service which is a crucial part of a hotel stay.

I had reserved a room here last week when i was going to be in town for my school's state golf tournament. I reserved one room for my husband and myself (we're the coaches at our school). I booked it Wednesday night via the Holiday Inn Express App. Thursday morning we got an email that the tournament had been postponed due to expectant weather Friday morning, the day of tournament. So I called the front desk to speak with someone and explained my situation: I am so glad I did instead of using the app! What we found was the app had booked me for two rooms instead of one, even though my confirmation email confirmed only ONE room. My card had been charged for both. When I explained to the very nice lady that I had indeed only booked one room, they agreed to refund my money for both rooms, and told me I should see that this week. I just saw the refund this morning.

I would like to say the hotel would have been well within their rights not to refund my money, but out of the kindness of their hearts, they did. I am sad to say I didn't get to stay here, but the next time we come to morehead, we will definitely be staying here at the HIE. The staff was so helpful and kind, I have only good things to say about them. Thank you for taking a frustrating situation and making it positive!

• Stayed May 2013
StaySmartStayYou, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morehead, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful words. I am so very glad we were able to assist you. We all have bumps in the road and it is always nice when something works out.

We look forward to your upcoming stay with us.

Jessica Dixon
Montclair, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The reception was very friendly and the room was clean and neat. We are traveling with our small dog and she was made welcome. The cookies at reception were warm and good! Great location from which to explore Daniel Boone National Forest.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
StaySmartStayYou, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morehead, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking time out and giving us feedback on your stay. We believe that all our guests are special even the sweet four legged ones.

The cookies are fantastic, especially when pulled straight from the oven. We have been trying some new varieties and have come across a few that our guests really love.

It would be such a honor to have you stay with us again when you are travelling back to this area. SAFE TRAVELS!

Front Office Supervisor
Shepherdsville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We requested a sofa sleeper. The mattress was absolutely awful. It was nothing but springs with a cover on it. Very uncomfortable. Hallways were very noisy with children running and screaming up and down them at 10 pm. It took 2 calls to the desk with a demand for a refund before there was any relief. We were very disappointed in this motel and would not stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
StaySmartStayYou, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morehead, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear 150gaga,

We are very disappointed that we were not able to live up to your expectations and our own standards. We did inspect the mattress on the sofa sleeper today and confirmed that it is worn and needs replacement.

As per the noise in hallways, our front desk tried his best to calm the situation. We had a little league baseball team that night and the children were left alone in the room/hallway while parents were in the pool. Brandon tried several times but got no cooperation from some of the parents. This was clearly an uncomfortable situation for us to be in. Running between the hallways and the pool, he was able to convince everybody to go in the room after awhile. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. We value each and every guest that walks into our door. Our friendly staff is always ready to talk care of our guests needs and we are sorry that we fell short in this instance.

Hope you will give us another chance to show you our hospitality!

Sunil Patel
Derbyshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located exceptionally clean and fantastic value for money.
Spent 5 days at this hotel and it totally surpassed my expectations.
The choice of food at breakfast was impressive and of the highest quality.
Highly reccomended

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
StaySmartStayYou, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morehead, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We sincerely appreciate the kind words. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Please be sure to stay with us again if your travels ever bring you back to this area.

Front Office Supervisor

Been to Holiday Inn Express Morehead? Share your experiences!