“Downward Spiral” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Georgetown, Kentucky
“Downward Spiral”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

La Finca was an awesome hangout back when I was in college. The food was delicious and the super-friendly wait staff treated you like family. My wife and I returned to Morehead for the Homecoming football game last fall and thought we would try La Finca since it had been several years. It seemed like the owner/management had changed and the wait staff was all different. Our waiter brought us cold, inedible chips that were so hard they'd break your teeth. The salsa was bland and watery as was the queso we ordered for the chips. The food, which used to be delicious and delivered quickly, took 45 minutes to arrive and was cold and flavorless. We were incredibly disappointed that our favorite eatery in college had been reduced to a pale imitation of its former glory. Here's to hoping that La Finca gets its act together, but for now, we will not return when we visit campus in the future.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Sarasota, Florida
“Great place in downtown Morehead.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I met a friend and her family for dinner. The waiter seated us had our drink order and brought chips and salsa in the first 5 minutes. I was already impressed before the meals came, but beyond impressed after my first bite. Everything ordered was perfect and the bill for 5 people was under $40. Great food, exceptional service!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“Road Trip Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I stopped here on our way back from a trip to West Virginia visiting family. After a hurried and stressful trip, it was nice to be able to find this spot and enjoy an icy cold margarita. Don't worry. I wasn't driving!

Location was a bit off the highway but easy to locate even at night. The food was average. Not memorable by any means but decent. Service, however, was great.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Kentucky
“Awesome authentic mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I eat here every time I am in town and love it, the food is great and would highly recommend, the only complaint I have is I always have to ask the waiter for my check. The free chips and salsa are very good and they are great about keeping your drinks full

Visited December 2012
Adrian, Michigan
“Good Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The food was very good but two of the 4 orders were wrong. Be careful if you order by number because there are variations based on lunch menu or if it is a full entree. Our guests were okay with their incorrect orders so we did not reorder. The resurant has a large selection. Because this town is restrictive on alcohol sales make sure you check to see it the restaurant can serve alcohol. On Sunday it can not be served before 1:30 PM.

Visited October 2012