“Nice and New” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Morehead
Elliott Co., KY
“Nice and New”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Nearly brand new hotel, very pretty and clean. Located close to I-64 yet very quiet. Nice breakfast area yet food tasted bland and favorless.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

This was a new, top-of-the-line Hampton Inn. The room was beautiful and had a nice flat screen TV. The entire hotel was very nice and it had a nice breakfast room. The front desk staff was helpful. The workout room even had a few free weights, which was nice. They also had an indoor pool, but I didn't use it. This was one of the nicer Hampton Inn's in which I have stayed.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Walton, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

We booked the Hampton Inn in Morehead, KY for one night on October 17, 2009. We spent the day in Mt. Sterling for Court Days. This Hampton Inn is just a little over a year old and is probably the newest of hotels in Morehead. It is very clean, looks very nice, and the staff was very friendly. We had a King bed room at the end of the hall next to the Equipment/Compressor room. My boyfriend asked if the rumble from that would bother me and I decided it would not, so we kept the room. It was very nicely decorated, well lit, and comfortable. There was a mini fridge and a microwave. But, oddly, the coffee maker and ice bucket were in a nook in the bathroom. Couldn't figure that one out. I didn't have an issue with the Compressor Room noise, but I did have an issue with the room above us, I could hear every footstep that was taken. The floors must not have been built very thick. Breakfast was very basic, they had the usual cereals, bagels, and danish. And they had biscuits and gravy. My boyfriend mentioned that this was one of the few Hamptons that we have been in that didn't have a waffle maker. The attendant said that it was in the works and they would be getting one soon. All in all, not a bad place to spend the night.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Dayton, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

My wife and I stayed two nights at this Hampton Inn for a weekend getaway. We were not disappointed. This appears to be a brand new hotel, and thus, is very clean and nice. The room was quiet, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom spacious and clean. Being a non-smoking hotel the room did not have any strange odors. We tend to stay at Hampton Inns when we travel, so have others as points of comparison. This one was really nice! Now, someone might complain that just across the street from the hotel heavy equipment were in the process of razing an old hotel, and such work is very loud. It didn't bother us, and within a few weeks the old hotel will be gone anyways. Breakfast is your usual Hampton Inn fare -- not Cracker Barrel, but then again, it comes with the room. We couldn't complain about it either. Hot coffee, cold juice, fruit, danish pastry, yogurt, bagels, and breads. For the hot portions there were cheese omelets and sausage patties on one morning, and scrambled eggs with sausage gravy & biscuits the other. While this hotel was not located in a 'resort' location, it was easy to find and located so that we could branch out for the day on our exploration of the Daniel Boone National Forest area. Having read some not so nice reviews of other hotels in Morehead, we were delighted with this Hampton Inn. And frankly, compared to other Hampton Inns in which we've stayed in the past, this one was one of the nicest. Need a quiet, comfy, and clean place to spend a night or two? This one just might be the ticket.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Parker, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

The check in was easy. Free wi-fi (why all hotels don't offer this is beyond me- the expensive hotels CHARGE for it!), breakfast included. Friendly staff. Our rooms were very clean, and seriously, I have stayed in a million hotels, they had one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.

Breakfast was good too, the basics: cereal, breads, premade omelettes, yogurts etc. Good fresh coffee.

There's no restaurant/room service, which might not be important to others, but it

If I am ever in the area again, I'll stay here and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2009
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

Stayed one night and I was very pleased with this hotel. The rooms were very clean and quiet. The service was excellent and breakfast choices great.

If I travel through this area again I would be glad to stay here. This may not be the least expensive lodging in the area. But, clean and excellent service was worth it to me.

I was very happy with this Hampton.

Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

I stayed at the Hampton inn in Morehead on a trip i had to morehead for work. I traveled alone and had the hardest time finding the hotel. I was headed west on I-64 and could not figure it out. I tried calling the hotel multiple times and had no anwer. I finally stopped at another hotel and asked for directions, and mind you I felt like a complete scumbag doing this. When I finally made it to the hotel, it sat in the middle of nowhere and I was worried about my car the whole night. When i checked in, the hotel looked great, but the clerk was too busy chillin out on the sofas in the lobby. After licking her fingers from her french fries, which was completly disgusting, she decided to check me in. The rate was completely different than what I was confirmed through my reservation i had mad earlier that week, so i'm assuming the gentleman who made my reservation hasn't a clue how to perform his job. When I finally got everything straightened out, my room was on the third floor. The hallways were nice, and large, and very pretty, but sounded very hollow. I though i was going to fall through the floor. Once i entered the room, it was very nice as well, but nothing to flash over. I could hear every whisper from the guys in the room next to me. The walls were so thin i could almost see through them. The building was very noisy and didnt seem to be built well. I vow to never stay there again. The next time i stayed in morhead, i tried the holiday inn express. This time i was with my wife and we came for a wedding of a friends we have that lives in town there. This hotel offered the same room amenities, the same flat screen televisions and their full breakfast was ten times better than the hampton's. The staff was very polite and even offered to upgrade me to a king bed from a double when they saw that it was just me and my wife. The holiday inn was very quiet and they even had a full house. I recommend staying at holiday inn with the same amenities as the hampton for 20 dollars less.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Morehead? Share your experiences!