“Great family weekend / local staff” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Hampton Way, Morehead, KY 40351   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Morehead
morehead, United States
“Great family weekend / local staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Seemed to be a new hotel w/ all that you would expect from a Hampton Inn. (Clean facility, kind & helpful staff) Note: ONLY SERVICE PETS ALLOWED. (Our pet provides the service of entertaining our childeren but that did NOT qualify. We called in advance and were clearly advised.)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tullahoma, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Needs more cleaning, the Soap dish still had residue from previous quest. Floors could have used better cleaning. Was improved from a previous visit but still needed more attention. Breakfast service was good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Woodbine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Have stayed at this Hotel every year since they opened.Always makes you feel your part of the family.Honest hard workers that will always greet you with a smile.Thank you for your caring staff and the Md girls will see you next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Brighton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is newer in the area (as of 2013). I will rate the overall experience from a "traveling for business" perspective: LOCATION Convenient for those on the go. Very close to a Walmart, Kroger (grocery), Tractor Supply and Lowes (hardware), fast food, and a cracker barrel is right out the front door. Morehead does not have a lot to offer in terms of local flare (i.e. unique dining) but it does have most of the chain restaurants a traveler might look for during a shorter trip. HOTEL I booked online ~1 week prior to my trip. I was greeted as an HHonors member and my room key was waiting for me when I arrived. I was checked-in in about 3 minutes and on my way to my room. The manager gave me a quick summary of what the hotel had to offer (coffee machine in room, wireless internet, pool, breakfast, etc) and was very friendly. He was also knowledgeable about the area. CLEANLINESS No complaints here. Housekeeping took care of the usual while I was out (new towels, made bed, took trash out, new toiletries) and I returned to a clean room. Would have been nice to have the air running when I got back instead of an 82 degree room, but I understand trying to keep energy costs down and it really only took a few minutes for the AC to cool the room down. Breakfast was average for this type of hotel - some hot items, waffle maker, cereal. Very green bananas though and the coffee was fairly bitter - but i'm not too picky. I didn't have a chance to try the pool - but it was appropriately sized for this hotel. Ice machine worked great to fill my cooler, fridge and microwave in the room was very convenient, and there were several snack and beverage machines. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Wauseon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Best Hotel in the area. Recently built with good facilities. A little pricier than other competitive hotels nearby but when you take into account the savings with breakfast costs, newspaper daily, unlimited coffee,tea, hot chocolate being free the costs are very affordable. I'll be making this facility my home base in this area every year I visit.

Staunton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Okay--this was fine for a stop just to sleep on my epic roadtrip but way below what I am accustomed to for a Hampton Inn. The bottom of the tub creaked so loudly that you could hear it in the bedroom when someone was showering. There was no regular coffee for the coffeemaker ( a huge deal for me!) Breakfast bar coffee ran out and the coffee available near the desk had been made HOURS earlier (I know this because my daughter who was with me has managed a coffee shop and could translate the "bells & whistles" on the machine.

Worst thing was that upon arriving late & quite tired, the elderly (nothing wrong with that though) gentleman behind the front desk kept taking phone calls before checking me in. There was someone else in front of me waiting also. Each of the 3 calls taken while we waited were rather lengthly with the desk clerk going into some depth about the rates, etc. If only these callers had been politely put on hold while we were checked in, it would have made a huge difference! I am a "gold" Hhonors member and literally just needed to be handed my room key/card.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Robert H, Manager at Hampton Inn Morehead, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
I am so sorry we were not able to exceed your expectations. I have spoken with the desk clerk about the importance of a quick and courteous check in. We have had some issues with creaky bathroom floors since we have opened and we are looking for a fix.

I hope you give us another shot to "Wow" you in the future.

Edison, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The purpose for our stay was to pick up and move out our daughter from her college. We drove all the way from New Jersey to pick her up in Kentucky and drove back home the following day. It felt great to finally relax after an extremely tiring ten hour drive. The beds were very comfortable, the rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and the food (breakfast) was delicious... My daughter also enjoys the fresh baked cookies that the staff has at the entrance to the hotel. Our check in process was simple and easy. I had a great experience the one night that my family and I stayed here.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Morehead? Share your experiences!