“Excellent valentine's brunch!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Midway
Cuisines: American, Continental
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fresh, seasonal ingredients from local farmers are at the heart of Chef Ouita Michel's menus at Holly Hill Inn, a fine-dining restaurant in America's Bluegrass horse country and near the Bourbon Trail.
Lexington, Kentucky
“Excellent valentine's brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Excellent brunch!
The place is a bit hidden, but not terrible difficult to find.
Make sure to make a reservation. Note: when you make a reservation, you will get a phone call from the owner that is a very sweet person.
The place itself is an old house, well maintein. Very nice during winter, I imagine beautiful in summer/spring/autum.
The appetizers were fantastic. The food was prepare in a very delicate way, taking care of the taste and the presentation. They made the bread and biscuits and was wonderful!
The entree was very good, again, very flavorfull and excellent presentation. The bluegrass benedict was the best!
Drinks were very nice, prepared in a unique way (belline and an special that is not in the menu)
Dessert was very good, maybe not as amazing compare to the appetizers, but they were very nice too!

• Visited February 2014

Columbia KY
“Wonderful lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a superb holiday lunch. The food was excellent and the service was also. The restaurant is difficult to locate in such small town. The Crank and Boom peppermint ice cream was very fine especially served with their own baked cookie.

“An enjoyable meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

First off, you get a gold star if you can find the Inn. The food was pretty good but not enough to make the place so hard to find. We dined here for a birthday date and enjoyed it enough to return. I wasn't blown away by the meal but it earned the Inn a return visit. I believe the menu changes regularly, you might call ahead if you're a vegetarian to make sure there's a suitable selection. The food is definitely fresh and you can tell thought and care went into the preparation. The servers were polite and attentive. The main dining room is on the small side but I don't recall hearing the conversations around me. There is a space for groups and front porch seating. Overall, a good meal featuring local products. I'm happy to have finally dined here.

Lexington, Kentucky
“Autumn birthday celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We chose Holly Hill Inn for the beautiful fall drive from Lexington. The service was excellent with our needs anticipated. It is a 3 course fixed price meal. I chose the squash bisque soup which was seasoned and presented with flair. For my entree I had the flounder encrusted with pistachios and sauce piperade served with chestnut dumplings and leeks vinaigrette . The food arrived hot and the presentation was appealing. For dessert I chose the pumpkin Panna cotta. The best I have ever tasted! Creamy with caramelized pecans on top! It was a light dessert so I was able to enjoy it without feeling uncomfortable. Very nice dining experience!

• Visited October 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Made Life Event Special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I am from Pennsylvania and getting engaged in Kentucky. I wanted the place to be a surprise so I choose from a list of best place to eat in Kentucky. Expectations were high but I can say that the Holly Hill Inn exceeded expectations. The staff were wonderful. The service was excellent. The food was oustanding. The restaurant itself has a great ambiance. We were touched by the dessert plate which came with Congratulations written in chocolate around the plate. We were also given a card that was signed by all the staff working that evening. We both had a fabulous time. Renee stated it could not have been more perfect. Thank you Holly Hill Inn for pushing a big night right over the top. I could not be more appreciative!

• Visited October 2013