“Ok, but not great.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of French Quarter Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maysville
French Quarter Inn
You added French Quarter Inn to your Saves list
25 East McDonald Parkway, Maysville, KY 41056   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Maysville B&B and Inns
Brandenburg, Kentucky
“Ok, but not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I found the staff for the most part to be friendly and attentive. I did however find the condition of the hotel to not very good at all. There seems be a lack of detail in cleaning and updating the hotel. I have attached some pictures that show a very dirty hot tub and outdated television. I tried to take some pictures of the walls of my room but they did not turn out to well, but let me tell you they were dirty and nasty and had not been wiped clean in a long time. I also took a picture of the door lock that was broke!!!

It was ok for the night, but if I go back to Maysville I will pick another hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Collierville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel is located in downtown Maysville. The hotel is a newer-looking building than many of the surrounding 'original' storefronts in this historic downtown setting. The hotel itself is a bit dated. As other reviews have stated, the owner's dog and birdcage are in the lobby, however I don't think this is a big negative - it just gives the hotel some charm. The room looked clean, but needed an update and doesn't compare well against typical chain furnishings at newer Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc. The next time I am in Maysville, I will probably try one of the chains, but I'm glad I picked the downtown location for my visit this time. Overall, I rate the hotel average, but can't say that it isn't worth choosing if you want to be in the downtown area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My two sisters and I took the only two connecting rooms at the hotel, which gave us two bathrooms, two mini refrigerators and two microwaves! The rooms were clean, the staff was very friendly, and the cookies at the front desk in the afternoons were delicious. As someone said, breakfast is not included in the rate. The cost was $5.95 for a buffet of eggs cooked to order, bacon and sausage, fried potatoes, biscuits and gravy, along with the usual cold fare. On the mornings when we didn't want to eat a big breakfast we went down to the restaurant where the nice lady at the restaurant would give us a cup of coffee (and refills) at no charge. The room had a coffee pot, but I've found that the room coffee is never very good. The breakfast restaurant has a very nice deck that overlooks the river.
I would have given the hotel five stars if it wasn't for the large bird cage in the lobby. It needed cleaning and gave an unpleasant view every time we exited the elevator on the first floor.
The price was very reasonable, around $80 with our AAA discount. The location is convenient to the Kentucky Museum Center that had the most amazing miniatures museum I have ever seen, the Underground Railroad Museum and other downtown restaurants and attractions.

Room Tip: 301 and 313 are the connecting rooms and either or both are in the center of the hotel with a nicer...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

French Quarter Inn-

I stayed here during the triathlon weekend and picked this hotel since it served as race headquarters for packet pick up.   The transition area was also set up just in front of the hotel which was very convienant.  The hotel itself is fairly nice, appeared to be clean, and the staff was pleasant.  There were some animals but I don't think you would have noticed if you hadn't seen them. The walls throughout the hotel are very thin and you can easily hear the occupants in the other rooms which wasn't a big problem for me. Breakfast is an extra eight bucks and the dining room doesn't open till 8am.   I was really surprised by this, since a lot of hotels are including breakfast in their nightly rates now.   But the 8am opening time really surprised me.   The hotel was full of triathletes who were up early for the race which made a 8am breakfast too late.  It seems that the owner would have recognized this and had made arrangements for the dining room to open early,   After the race I overheard another triathlete ask the front desk if she could extend her checkout 30 mins past the normal checkout time of noon.   The clerk immediately refused the request and stated the the owner was very adamant that there would be no late check outs.   Additionally, the pool was not in service during my stay.   Despite the temperatures in the 90's during memorial day weekend, they had not opened it for the summer yet.  Overall, I was left a bit disappointed by my stay,  the room was just average, and a bit noisy   The hotel could easily make up for its shortcomings by being more accommodating.    As it was, I never felt welcome at this hotel and it seemed that the owner simply tolerates the triathlon crowd rather than embracing us customers.   The French Quarter definitely has potential but next time I'll probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2012
Zionsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This was a nice change from staying at normal hotel/motel. Staff was very nice, room was very clean. Will stay there again & recommend to anyone wanting to get away from the norm at a price the same as hotels out of the downtown area. There is a lot of history in the downtown area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodbine, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

A lovely boutique hotel situated in the Historic Distric of Maysville. The staff goes out of their way to be accommodating and can be trusted to recommend not only good food but also places to visit. Don't miss the Miniature Museum on Sutton. The Pub is also a good place to spend an evening.

Room Tip: The suites are worth the cost.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Stayed one night while traveling though KY. This is a very nicely refurbished old hotel that is right downtown. My room had a nice view of the river and was clean and very well cared for. Railroad tracks run right behind the hotel, but I only heard one train and it was not loud. The staff is friendly and customer focused. Don't even think about the chain motels out on the AA.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to French Quarter Inn? Share your experiences!