“Wouldn't waste my money” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Zante
“Wouldn't waste my money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Decided to visit the copper beech after hearing good things about it!

When we arrived, we were stood at the bar and nobody acknowledged us, until I said, "excuse me, we've got a table booked", bearing in mind, we were only the second table to be seated so the restaurant was hardly booming!

Then when we were seated with the menus, the food menu had a good variety and we all chose separate meals, one of the meals we ordered was ham and eggs and then the waitress returned to say there was no ham left but there was gammon, decided to go for the gammon but wished I'd not, it was very salty! Probably worth having a check up after for clogged arteries! Usually when I finish my meal, I like to take a little back for the dog however I wouldn't feed it my dog!

The pie was ok however the chips could've broke a window! Why cook fat chips if they are going to be roar?

Also, I asked for my egg to be runny but not overly, it came out and I couldn't tell the difference between the egg and my runny nose!

What chips were edible, I decided to ask for some tomato ketchup, however, they'd ran out!

How the hell does a pub run out of ketchup the 1st weekend in January? In fact, how does a pub run out of ketchup full stop?

Needless to say, None of us would waste our money returning! Was tempted to call at the chippy on the way back but was in need of the toilet as the food we were given went straight through!

When I told the waiter that the food wasn't acceptable, I was told that the comments would be passed to the chef, no complimentary drink or reduced bill offered.

It was very awkward as I just felt that they weren't bothered about our comments, they need to sort it out as the actual place is nice and could be made into something a lot better!

I don't usually write harsh reviews however this place needs a kick up the backside!

“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have eaten here several times and always had great food. The most recent visit there were 10 of us for roast dinner. Food was hot, Yorkshire puddings were brilliant and portions sizes were big. The food is always great and cheap for the quality.

“Nice place but average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a nice gastro pub but unfortunately not all of their food is up to scratch. I had the shrimp and it was completely tasteless and the texture was very tough. Literally the worst shrimp I've ever had.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent pub food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We dine here on a regular basis. Have been frequenting since it re opened and have never had a dissapointing meal. It's good to see the place busy and thriving. Staff very friendly and helpful and the ambience is lovely. Friends we have taken for meals bring their friends and relatives. The food is plentiful, fresh and beautifully cooked and presented. I am fussy about eating fish that has not been bought and cooked at home as most fish I have tried when out has been disgusting, The fish at the Beech is fresh and one of my favourite dishes, whatever it is, The salmon is particularly good. Would and do recommend to anyone.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Notts
“Little gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Enjoyed a great meal here. Sharing starter for 2, the Camembert was delicious but enough food for 4.
When ordering the main I enquired about the poached salmon and crayfish salad that came with melon and asked if I could have it without the melon, what a pleasant surprise when the waiter immediately asked if I liked strawberries and would that be ok instead- one of the best salmon salads I have had

• Visited September 2013