“If It's Good Enough for Seinfeld ...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Mayfield

You added Super 8 Mayfield to your Saves list
Super 8 Mayfield
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1100 Links Lane, Hwy 121 & Purchase Parkway, Mayfield, KY 42066   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mayfield
Edwardsville, Illinois
“If It's Good Enough for Seinfeld ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Jerry Seinfeld spent the night. You'll find the evidence of this epic event in a framed assemblage near the front door that holds a newspaper article, autograph, and room key. I don't doubt the authenticity of Seinfeld's visit: I remember a TV documentary in which JS trekked cross country in a VW bug, and a quick Google search suggests that he has made many such trips.

We stayed here in association with homecoming at Murray State, since motels near the university were full more than two months in advance. Mayfield is a pleasant 20- to 30-minute drive away, though on October evenings/mornings it's wise to remain vigilant for deer crossings. Our room was clean, the interior was in good shape (currently, the exterior is receiving a makeover), we received fine service, and it was quiet enough for uninterrupted sleep. The breakfast area is small but adequate, and they don't let the Folgers brew run low. I would have no hesitation staying here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
mayfieldsuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Mayfield, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Thanks for taking time to tell other travelers about our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments and will strive to make every guest experience the very best it can be.

Sam Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I had never stayed at a Super 8 motel, but took a chance because the place I usually stay when visiting relatives in the area was booked. Breakfast should not be counted on as it is pretty limited. The property was clean and easy to find from the interstate. The decor was sort of 90's but not bad. My only problem with the room was the air conditioner which would just about blow the curtains off the wall. At least it was nice and cool!

Room Tip: .Fun Fact: next time I'll ask for Room 203 because Jerry Seinfeld slept there about 10-11 years...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Yes, it's true! Jerry Seinfeld was a guest here in June of 2000!

Thanks so much for the review of our hotel and who knows, "Jerry's Suite" just might be available for you next time.

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

This property is pretty good.
Currently they are in the process
of an exterior facelift. This did not
create any problems during my recent stay.
The customer service is outstanding. The innkeeper Sam Patel really
addresses any concerns that a
guest has very promptly.
Sam and his staff are always improving to make my stay and others trouble free.

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you once again, vswaugh1, for your review of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you during your next stay!

runge tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

we booked 5 rooms stayed for a week we all enjoyed ourselfs i will always stay here when im this way

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
mayfieldsuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Mayfield, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Thank you for taking time to post your review of our hotel. We appreciate your kind feedback and look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future.

Geneal Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

Decent hotel. Good shower, however had dirty towels. Terrible pillows! Bottom bed sheet not fitted, easily came loose exposing nasty mattress. Only good thing about this hotel is the shower.

• Stayed July 2011
mayfieldsuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Mayfield, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is extremely important to us. Please know that we are continually striving to ensure our guests the best experience possible. Since your stay, we have updated our laundry equipment and replaced the pillows as well as implemented new cleaning procedures. We'd like to invite you to give us another try the next time you're in the area and look forward to seeing you soon.

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

This property is well maintained and the rooms are very quiet. The property management is always looking for new opportunities for improvement.
I have found that the customer service of this of this Motel 8 property is excellent from the time you check-in to check-out. If you should require something to make your stay more enjoyable they will try and make it happen and usually it happens.
The "free included breakfast with your stay" is Ok. I believe that more choices should be offered.
The rooms are very clean and well maintained for the overall age of this property. I have found the beds and pillows are very good. I require a non-smoking room and the room we use always has been free of smoke or the smoke coverup deodorant of a room spray.
I have stayed at this property for several times a year for several years and I firmly believe that this is the best motel property in Mayfield, KY.
Should you have a problem with your stay at this property, Mr. and Mrs. Patel will make

Room Tip: I like the 1st floor rear facing rooms.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We appreciate your loyalty through the years and enjoy having you as our guest.

Muskegon, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

My first visit was for a vacation in 4-2010, to visit the town my Great Grandmother was born in. I stayed for a week. I forgot some much needed computer parts, and the young man at the front desk ran to the store and got them for me, then installed them too.
My second visit was for my 50th birthday in Sept. 2010. I stayed for a week while I looked for a house to buy because I enjoyed my stay. in April 2010, Again I had forgotten to bring my mouse, and the computer system was slow in the hotel but the owner came into my room and worked on my computer until everything was up and running again....great service! My 3rd visit 12-2010 was to finalize the deal on my house. I stayed for another week, and brought my dog this time. The owners small son loved my dog and it was fun to watch them play from a distance. I would say that this is the best hotel I've ever stayed at for the money I paid. I was given the privacy I asked for. The help I needed. The staff was friendly, and the place was as clean as any hotel can be given the age of it.

• Stayed December 2010
mayfieldsuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Mayfield, responded to this review, April 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stays as a frequent guest of our hotel. We are happy to hear that your visits with us were comfortable and that all of your needs were met with friendliness and concern.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and you have our promise that we will make the most of the information in your review by continuing to focus on each and every guest's experience and strive to make it the best it can be.

Again, thank you for your time and your business. We look forward to meeting your lodging needs in the future.

Super 8 - Mayfield, KY
270-247-8899

Been to Super 8 Mayfield? Share your experiences!