“New and Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Decatur, Alabama
“New and Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

My wife and I recently spent two nights at the Madisonville Hampton. The hotel is about three years old and is very nice. The entrance off W. Center St. is a little confusing as you get off onto what looks like an alley but just keep going and it will lead you to the hotel. You turn in at a stoplight and you can see the place from the street.

Our room was a standard King one with a very comfortable bed. The room was clean and in good shape. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. I visited the indoor pool and enjoyed it greatly. There is also a small fitness center. If you are staying in Madisonville, I would recommend this hotel over all others.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Staff at Hampton was very professional and courteous, rooms are nice, beds are heavenly, the FREE breakfast was delicious, everyone deserves this type of getaway

• Stayed August 2011
Platte City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

Recently on a trip through Kentucky, our Ford Focus began having trouble. We made it to Madisonville late in the night. The Hampton Inn and Suites' staff welcomed us with excellent service, a clean, very comfortable room in which to unwind. I asked if there was a Ford dealership in town where we could have the car evaluated the next morning. They found the information for us and gave us directions from the Inn. That was above and beyond the call of duty and we are very grateful. I would recommend Hampton Inn and Suites to anyone traveling through the Madisonville area for clean comfortable accomodations and their excellent service.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Uniontown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

Hotel was very clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the environment safe. The only negative during our 3-night stay was our towels were not replaced with clean towels each day. One day I was able to get some from the cleaning person who was cleaning the next room. Everything else was very nice and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Seems the previous complaints about customer service here have been rectified: I was immediately informed of a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and the room was called later to verify everything was satisfactory. All desk personnel were professional and friendly. Ditto previous poster about locating the hotel: follow your eyes, don't be panicked by the right turn at the red light. This was everything you would expect at a good Hampton Inn, and if I was ever in Madisonville again (unlikely), I would not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Lexington Park, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

We stayed in room #104 with a king bed. I am thankful that they allowed early check-in and didn't charge us extra. We had driven all night (since 8pm) and at 11am the following morning I called and told them we were in dire need of rest. No problem, of course. Derick checked us in immediately upon arrival and had us on our way.
I have two complaints. One is that the exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work which is a problem for a girl trying to blow dry and curl her hair. Second complaint is the mold along the bottom crease of the shower. It was minor and it's normal to every Hampton Inn in which I've stayed. I don't like it, but I've seen worse. I would stay here again.
One last thing, I detected the "snobbery" which has been a previous complaint. but I tried to kill with kindness and it seems to reciprocate.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

Hampton is my brand of choice when I travel for business, so I have seen many of their properties. This one is truly beautiful. The size and arrangement of the room, the decor, and the very nice bathroom were truly a cut above even Hampton's usual good quality/value. Everything looks new and fresh, the fitness center is larger than usual, and I found the whole property very attractive. Beware of the entry drive...it is hard to spot, as it is sandwiched between a restaurant and a gas station. It looks like an entry drive for one of the businesses (and it is slightly "off" from the traffic light, making it even more confusing). There is a large, tall highway sign pointing the way in - watch for that, and don't worry that the road gets narrow right away. You'll see the hotel across the way, so just follow your nose.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Madisonville? Share your experiences!