I have been to ko phangan quite a few times, but this was my first time at a high end resort... Bliss!! We loved getting the private speed boat over. Yes, it is expensive, but I have spent many times on the ferry and if you are only coming for a short stay (i.e. less than two weeks), then I would definitely recommend it. The sea was choppy so we had to drive half an hour from ban tai, but you are driving through gorgeous ko phangan... Whats not to love! The service is good, sometimes it could be a little slow, but for me, this is part of being in Thailand... Its a go slow chill out place.. If you are wanting more up front service in a proper 'spa' hotel then stay in Ko Samui (for example six senses which we spent two fab nights in).. For us, what made the resort extra special were the traveller resorts down the beach (where we had lunch) and the small thai village (where we had dinner). I loved the fact I could hang out in simple thai style restaurants (some with hammocks)! For me, nothing beats ko phangan and the rasananda is the place that we want to save up and bring our kids to one day.
spa: too expansive - particularly when there is so much more on offer down the beach or in the village. for sooo much less!
eating: we never ate in the hotel (except the free breakfast). It really is too expensive (and if there weren't other eating options, we would have gone bankrupt). We had all our meals on the beach or in the village.. All great food!
happy hour: Its not really advertised but drinks are half price between 5.30-6.30pm... This is the only time we drank at the bar... Nice wine, cocktails and ambiance (feet in the sand, beanbags, good music...).
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Splendia, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.