“Favorite hotel ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Executive Inn

You added Executive Inn to your Saves list
Executive Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   978 Phillips Lane, Louisville, KY 40209-139 (Fairgrounds)   |
Ranked #79 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Afton, TN
“Favorite hotel ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2008

I was so appalled by the poor reviews of my favorite hotel that I felt obligated to write my own. I stayed at the Executive Inn during a recent trip to Louisville and haven't stopped talking about it since. I thought the layout was one of the most interesting of any hotel I have been to...I was told that the building was an elementary school by another guest, though I have never confirmed. The room decor was awesome, like it was out of Magnum P.I.. The pool/couryard area was perfect for spending the morning relaxing, and this is the only hotel I have ever been to that has a weightroom with actual freeweights (a huge plus in my book). Top it all off with a functioning old-fashioned barbershop...what more could one ask for? Lastly, yes the service was perfect, with the staff putting up with more rowdiness than they should be subjected to. While the Executive Inn isn't the most recently updated hotel, that is easily made up for by all of the amazing extras. I truly cannot wait to get back, so much so that I am planning to spend my New Year's in Louisville...mainly so I can stay at this hotel.

• Liked — Basically, the entire experience was simply perfect.
  • Disliked — I cannot think of one thing to complain about.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2008

Our stay was wonderful, but those bad prior reviews made me pause. when I booked a room. However, I should not have worried. I am so glad I stayed there .

The hotel is closing soon and everything worked, the hotel was clean, the beds were comfy, and best of all the staff had great attitudes even though they knew they would be transferred soon.
It is dated ( 70ish decor in the rooms), but also clean and economical, and has charm in the public rooms.
AND SO CLOSE TO THE CONVENTION CENTER.!!!! STAY HERE WHILE YOU HAVE THE CHANCE!!!!!!!

• Liked — close to convention center, staff great
  • Disliked — decor in room was dated
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Medina, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

Got this on Priceline for $70/night for one night and I got HOSED! If I had used Hotwire, I would have been at the Country Inn and Suites (built in the last 3 years) for the same price -- just up the road.

The only thing this place has going for it is that it's close to the airport and it is clean. The rest? It's very old, the floor squeaks like crazy and I can't imagine that it's NOT a major fire hazard.

The HVAC is loud as heck and I got a terrible night of sleep there. My wife and I arrived at 9pm and went down for sleep at 10pm. We woke at 6am and hit the road without so much as showering. We both wanted the heck out of there!

Trust me -- try hotwire and get something 1 mile away. There are a ton of options in that area!

Stayed August 2008
Glen Mills
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

We stayed at the Executive Inn as part of the Eastern National 4-H Horse Roundup, during the Livestock Expo and Quarter Horse Show. The hotel is very convenient to the airport and fairgrounds, you could walk over, but rent a car if you fly in.

The rooms were not great. The place is kind of a throw back to the 70's with a chalet feel. The place smelled old, the windows were dirty. The furniture was beat. And yes, the carpets smelled like the barns across the road (although, WE were accustomed to this, other non-farmers or non-horsepeople might be deeply offended).

The front desk staff was good, they provided concierge service and mapped out directions for us. Decent business center, allowed free print out of boarding passes.

Room service was on time. The restaurant food was subpar. Restaurant service was slow, although the waiter was gracious, real southern hospitality. Go to Louisville for dining, it's only about 10-15 minutes up the interstate.

Must see the Churchhill Downs Racing Museum!

• Liked — Proximity to Fairgrounds and Airport
  • Disliked — Lack of cleaniliness
  • Stayed November 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

At first glance, it looked fine but as the night went on water leaking into tub never stopped running and beds felt like two by fours, restaurant too overpriced, as well as no ice in machine and sodas in hall too much anyway. Very disapointed! Only thing positive was location: right across from kentucky kingdom but should have stayed somewhere else down the street anywhere else would have been better. Executive by what comparision?

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
nashville, tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

It is not the Hilton, but it is certainly not the Bates Hotel either. We took our teens to Ky Kingdom and stayed two nights. We arrived, put the kids on the shuttle, and put ourselves in the lawn chairs by the beautiful pool for the next two days. How easy is that?! The pool is older, but very clean and very well maintained. The life guards (yes, a rare thing at a hotel pool) were very vigilant in cleaning the debris out almost hourly and testing the ph of the water. Had a hamburger and Margarita from the poolside bar which was good!
The rooms are older, but they fit the bill for what we needed....new tv, new tile in the bathroom and sink area, and the beds were comfy. We had a nice stay. No complaints from us, and I am rather picky about hotels. Dont look for a re-do because they will be closing in December. The fairground is buying the lot for parking.

• Liked — location, pool, free shuttle to Ky KIngdom
  • Disliked — small parking spaces
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2008

I stay here with my family every time we go to Six Flags(about 8 times).We love the pool(courtyard).We're able to walk out our back door directly into the pool area.There's a bar by the pool which serves alcohol ,cokes and grilled burgers and hot dogs(priced well)The kids love it.The shuttle takes you back and forth to the park all day.There's also an indoor pool.Nice clean room every time.Friendly staff.We've stayed in a lot of motels, this one is our favorite.

• Liked — The yard and pool
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family