“"Apprehensive at first but pleasantly surprised"” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   571 Phillips Ln., Louisville, KY 40209 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #87 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Owensboro, Kentucky
“"Apprehensive at first but pleasantly surprised"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Apprehensive at first but pleasantly surprised. It's definitely not a new motel but we couldn't have asked for any kinder employees. Our aunt is 85 but still very independent and had booked her frist ever cruise as well as all the hotels and flights. She booked one night at the Rodeway Inn because it was closer to the airport and cheaper.
Whe we first arrived my wife and I were a little concerned. However, the employee working the desk that afternoon was very kind and very helpful. When my wife and I called back that evening to check on our aunt (we live well over two hours away) the gentleman working the desk remembered us. My wife called the next morning (4 A.M. E.S.T.) to make sure our aunt was up and ok and she informed us she was ok and going to call for the shuttle a little later. The employees made sure the shuttle met her "at her room" and she got to the airport well ahead of time. The lady working the night shift that morning was very kind and reassuring.
The outside definitely needs some TLC but our aunt's room had been updated. The carpet was fairly new as was the furniture and fixtures. The towels, sheets, blankets and bed cover was clean and fresh and the paint on the walls looked fairly new. My wife and looked the place over very good before we left and there was a Lexus as well as several late model automobiles in the parking lot.

Older motel? Yes. Outside needs some maintenance? Yes, But the room was ok for an over night stay and you couldn't ask for any kinder and helpful employees. This was our experience anyway.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Not the worst, not the best. The location is not great, close to the airport and on a busy highway. However, anyone staying here could figure this out before choosing this hotel. The property is not very well maintained. The room was OK but not great. It was a non-smoking room but there was a smell of stale cigarette smoke. I informed the host and she said that it had always been non-smoking. The breakfast was bare bones but it was OK. So, all around, just OK for our one night stay. (We used Choice Hotels points for this room.)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Lithia Springs, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I travel for a living, and I stay in hotels all across the country. I stay in expensive ones, and inexpensive ones, budget priced ones, and four star, depending on the business that I have and the location. Truthfully, this is one of the worst, if not THE worst, I have stayed in. While it is true that it IS close to the Expo Center, it is old and not very well cared for. Add to that poor management, staff that doesn't seem to care much about the upkeep or the guests needs and the fact that it is right next to the airport, and it all adds up to disaster. To begin with, planes landing and taking off through the evening and night make rest difficult. Thin floors and loud guests above you don't help, and I DO realize that that isn't the fault of the hotel or its staff. My room was infested with ants and when I looked on 4square to check in, I saw that many other people had also had issues with ants at this establishment. The clincher for me though was that I went for two days with my room not being cleaned. The first day, I had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door until 1:00 PM. Most hotels tell their housekeeping staff to clean the empty rooms first so that the INCOMING guests and check in and then they have them clean the rooms of the guests who are staying over another night. I guess it doesn't work that way at the Rodeway Inn in Louisville. The housekeeping staff all leaves by 1:00PM and if you don't get your room cleaned by then you are just out of luck - the problem is that the front desk staff doesn't tell anyone that! The second day, when my room was still not cleaned (and I had been out off the room the second day for hours in the morning without a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door), I went to the front desk and was finally told that the staff leaves at 1:00 PM. There was really no explanation as to why the room had not been cleaned for two days, especially the second day. I asked to speak to the managers the next day, but they would not be available until the following week!?!? I was given their names, Kumar and Hansa, but was told they would not be in during the rest of my stay.

I am so sorry, but is this appropriate customer service? I don't think so. Bottom line, save yourself the heartache, find a cleaner, nicer hotel, and pay a bit more for it. They will probably have cleaner sheets and clean towels each day for you. The few extra bucks will be well worth it - take my word for it!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lakeland TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very basic hotel that was recently updated. We were surprised that we did not hear the airplanes, being so close to the airport. Although this hotel was overpriced due to everything being sold out due to so many tournaments in town, we still slept better than in most hotels. There were issues with our room smelling like smoke, and since the hotel was full to capacity they did everything to try to get the smell out. It ended up not being bad. The complementary breakfast was very basic, but it was free! If you do not like toast, donuts, cereal or oatmeal, plan to get breakfast somewhere else.
The service was helpful and friendly. We did have to ask for towels, since they did not leave any after cleaning the room. They only would give the amount of the people in the room. This is not good when you have teens who use two towels each time they shower. Still cheaper and the only thing left when we tried to find a room two weeks before the volleyball tournament. I would use this as a last resort or if you are on a budget. A positive is they have an airport shuttle and you can walk to the hotel from the convention center in about 20 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for a non- smoking room. There were issues with smoke smell and oder in the rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed over Thursday through Saturday nights over Memorial Day. Total price was around $69 per night, including all taxes.

I didn't have any problems at all with the room- everything was very clean and everything worked. The room didn't have a refrigerator/microwave, but the TV worked fine, and the Internet wi-fi worked well. Two of us stayed in this room, and there was adequate work space for both of us. The A/C worked well, and the bathroom, beds, and room were very clean.

We stayed on the back side of the hotel, away from the highway, which looked like it was -almost- directly in the flight path of huge jets coming into the airport, which were quite noisy outside. The room did a very good job of muffling this; it was audible but not enough to even wake you up at night.

My only significant complaint is the sketchy characters who stayed at the motel over the weekend- we had no direct contact with them, and didn't hear them at all once in the room, but they appeared to be having some sort of party, or perhaps drug distribution, with people coming and leaving. They didn't bother us, but that sort of thing makes me nervous.

This motel is -very- convenient to I-264, but be prepared to drive a short distance to any fast food or restaurants. If you're going to the fairgrounds or Six Flags, this is a very close motel- in fact, you can see a couple of roller coasters from the back parking lot.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side to get away from highway noise
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
kumar1947, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
We are glad that you enjoyed our hospitality your comments is taken seriously and wisj to see you again. .....kumar
Ottawa, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I never like to read reviews because you just don't know what to believe. This is my first, only because I felt I owed it to the next guy looking to book a room in the Rodeway Inn in Louisville Ky. There was a convention in town and we were looking to see our son's baseball game. We live far away and don't have many chances to see games. Everything else was booked and the Rodeway was the only hotel left that was close. It is what you expect for a 2 star hotel, room was freshly painted to hide the filth I expect. The bathroom was so small you could not hardly turn around in it(double bed room). But it served it's purpose, we were not totally grossed out and we had a great time in Louisville. So, if no other rooms can be found, it will work, just don't expect to much.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Morristown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Sure I was down in Louisville for the Derby. Of course I know that everything is expensive here during this weekend of excess. But 450 bucks for a room that costs 60 bucks on any other night? THAT's HIGHWAY ROBBERY! And they didn't realize that I have a voice and I'm really ticked off.
Something has to be done about this.
A 60 dollar room for 450 dollars?
People go to jail for less.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else. If you cannot, do not stay here during Derby week. Stay miles away.. do not...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
kumar1947, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
We are sorrry that you fill that way, but most of the people who comes for a national events are aware that what to expect to pay for Derby. Every person has a choice . They could sat 5star hotel and pay $2000.00 or they could stay at a hotel like hours 2star and pay400 to 800 dollar.

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!