“Great hotel for physically challenged guests” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Louisville East

You added Courtyard by Marriott Louisville East to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Louisville East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9608 Blairwood Road, Louisville, KY 40222 (Hurstbourne)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #28 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great hotel for physically challenged guests”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have to say I was impressed by the fact there were equipment by the pool and whirlpool to enable guests to enjoy the facilities. I don't know the proper name but it allows someone physically challenged to safely enter the pool or whirlpool. It was easy to get into the hotel and main areas. The entrance to the pool and whirlpool were located far from the front of the building but that was the only downfall. Also the icemaker was all the way in the back. I think a central location would be more ideal. Otherwise, great hotel for any traveler.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room close to the entrance if you have any physical limitations. With children...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Larry C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Louisville East, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Travel Agent Christy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding the new addition of our pool lifts. I hope we may have a chance to serve your future lodging needs. If so, I wanted to let you know that we also have an ice machine conveniently located in our restaurant. Any team member would be happy to help with filling your ice bucket or personal cooler! We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again,

Larry C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Troy, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

When we tried to check in to this hotel at 6:30 pm on a Friday, we were told our suite wasn't available, that they were sold out and could give us two regular rooms for half price, I explained this was unacceptable as we have a 4 year old and 1 year old. Then I was told after a few minutes, that we could still have a suite, but it would be a double/double, not the king we had reserved and that it wasn't ready yet. We came back at 10 pm, our room was ready and we were told we would get a discount of some sort for our trouble. The room itself was quite large, plenty of room for two adults and two kids. The bathtub didn't drain well, but overall a very nice suite. The pillows and bed were wonderful. We got a package that included breakfast, the lobby area where breakfast was served was updated and very modern. Breakfast was a good value, you order off a menu.
Now to the worst part, when I got the checkout info under the door the morning we were to check out, I found that not only did I not get the discount promised, but they actually over charged us by 19 dollars a night!.. When I went down to have this fixed, they did fix this, but actually only offered a total of a 12 dollar discount, I never complain, but this seems low for what we went through and all of the mistakes. For this reason, we wouldn't stay again, too bad, as this overall is a nice looking hotel and great location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Larry C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Louisville East, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Jennifer M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard Louisville East. I sincerely apologize for your room not being ready for you at the time of check in, and the lack of follow through on providing you a discount for the trouble. I can certainly understand how disappointing this must have been and I apologize for the trouble this caused you. I assure you that issues such as this, are far from typical. Your comments are very important to us and we will use this value feedback to improve upon our service and communication. I was glad to see that you liked the size of the room and the value of our breakfast. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to make good on any discount that you feel appropriate. We would love to have you back to experience the great service that our guest are more accustomed to.

Thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I are from Florida, and we recently stayed here for the Kentucky Derby and although not luxurious, this hotel exceeded our expectations. My only "issues" were with the size of the bathroom (small in comparison to newer hotels) and the in-room AC, which was just a tad noisy. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean which are the most important things I expect. Front desk service was good considering how busy they were and I particularly liked the lobby cafe which offered a simple, but satisfying menu. We would stay here again, although, next time we go to the Derby we may splurge on a hotel closer to the venue. For that reason, I feel this hotel was a good choice even though its location (proximity to the Derby) was not prime. All in all, they did a great job making this our Kentucky Derby "home away from home!"

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear FinickyMe,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Courtyard Louisville East during the Kentucky Derby. I am glad to hear that your stay exceeded expectations and that you enjoyed our new beds and The Bistro. I hope to see you here during the next Derby, or anytime your travels bring you back Louisville.

Thanks again!
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our family recently stayed here while my son was playing soccer in the area. It had been recently renovated, and was very clean. Beds were very comfortable with great pillows. Room size was perfect. Nice exercise room made keeping up with work out routine possible. Will stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Larry C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Louisville East, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard Louisville East. I am happy to hear that is worked out so well for your trip to the soccer game. I hope to see you again on your next visit to Louisville.

Thanks again!
StL,MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very nice hotel. Very clean rooms / lobby, staff friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.
Four couples came for the weekend. We all were very happy with this hotel.
Front desk, food service, bar staff, housekeeping are all most friendly & helpful.
Nice location - plenty of restaurants nearby, easy access to Interstate.

I'll stay here again.
-RCH Sr-

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Larry C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Louisville East, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Hello RCH Sr,

Thank you for your response. I am glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms, knowledgeable, and friendly staff, and refreshing new Bistro! We look forward to hopefully seeing on return trip soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 5 often has trouble finding hotels that will either allow 5 people (2 adults and 3 young children) to stay in one room, or that can accommodate us comfortably. The Courtyard was able to do both! We stayed in a double bed suite with a pull out sofa bed. The room with the double beds had a tv and was separated by a door to the sitting room that had the pull out sofa bed, another tv, desk, and a lot of space. It was all spacious. I loved the bathroom. It was not huge, but it had a mirror and countertop so I could get up earlier than the rest of my crew and get ready while everyone else remained asleep. The sofa was not very comfortable to sit on, but our son slept fine on the sofa bed. I wish the beds were queen instead of doubles, but that was the only real negative part of the room. If the rooms were the only thing to consider, we would definitely stay here again. My only reservation about booking here again has to do with the Bistro.
The food was fine but the service was very slow. If you have time to leisurely eat breakfast, do not let the Bistro deter you from staying here! If you are in need of eating quickly, you may want to consider the Waffle House across the street or planning to spend an hour waiting and eating. Our family was the only people there for breakfast and it took an hour for the food to be prepared and for us to eat. We had the time to spare this weekend, but usually when we are staying at a hotel (we stay at about 20 a year) we need to be somewhere early in the morning and a slow breakfast will not work. Again, there was nothing wrong with the food, which was "Starbucks" style, it just too awhile for us to get it.

We stayed here because our children were competing in an event at the MidAmerica Sports Center. The location was excellent! It was a 5 minute easy drive. It was also nice that Olive Garden was right by the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for the comments about your recent stay. I am glad to hear the extra large size of our double suite was a good fit for your family.

I apologize for the delay during breakfast. We typically are able to serve our Bistro food much more quickly and should have these food orders out within 8 to 10 min of your order.

I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the easy drive from our location to the MidAmerica Sports Center. We would love to have you back for another event and hope that the good nights rest allowed them to play their very best! Thanks again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 5 days, pleasant staff, clean rooms and a nice work out area.My only 2 complaints, the towels are very rough and really miss the complimentary coffee after the 10:00 am cut off .

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our clean rooms and pleasant staff during your 5 day stay at the Courtyard Louisville East. I also appreciate your feedback regarding the towels and complimentary coffee. This is valuable feedback which we will use to make future stays even more relaxing and enjoyable.

Although complimentary coffee is currently removed from the lobby at 10am, I would like to mention that it is always available at no charge in our guest rooms and we also can provide all popular Starbucks products all day long.

Thanks again for choosing the Courtyard Louisville East and I hope to see you on your next trip to Louisville!

Larry C

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Louisville East? Share your experiences!