“So reliable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Downtown

You added Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 South Second Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book early and save 20%!
Ranked #24 of 94 Hotels in Louisville
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“So reliable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Staff here are fabulous and extremely helpful. The cafe in the lobby was a godsend and the free airport shuttle was so convenient. Location was just right. Only downsides were the lack of shopping and some upgrades in the room - better air-conditioning (it was so humid), a better hairdryer, and a freezer would have been nice for the ice cream we bought in the lobby.

All in all, we're always pleased with a Marriott!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Anna Marie F, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
We pride ourselves on being consistent and reliable so all of our guests know what to expect each time they choose to stay with us. I am glad you experienced this from our staff. Louisville weather is funny. We joke that you can experience all 4 seasons in one week! You were here during a very humid time...I hope it is a little less hot for your next visit!

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The front desk staff was great, went out of their way to be helpful. When I forgot my starch, they actually offered to iron my shirt! (they probably did not want me to let that one out) Unfortunately, I did not catch the name of the woman who was most helpful, but overall great staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to recognize our outstanding front desk staff. They take great pride in caring for our guests and it shows! I hope you get to come back to Louisville and choose to stay with us again.
Howell, Nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

The hotel embodied everything I've come to expect from Courtyard Marriott - clean room and hotel property, friendly and efficient service, and a great location. Ravon at the front desk was more than accommodating and went above and beyond to ensure my stay was pleasant. I will definitely stay here again in the future.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Anna Marie F, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Our greatest asset is our people! Our location is perfect for a downtown visit but without our wonderful employess, including Ravon, we would be just another hotel. Thank you for recognizing Ravon by name. We appreciate your business.
Vine Grove, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very comfortable and in a good location downtown louisville i enjoyed my stay beds are good staff is friendly i would go there again in heart beat they had nice indoor pool and gym and the rooms had kitchens snd nice tv and the couches pull out into beds

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank cableguy2531
We are happy that you found our hotel to be a comfy place to spend a few days away from home. We hope to see you again soon!
Maple Grove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The hotel is clean, comfortable, and complete with helpful friendly staff. There is an airport shuttle, which makes getting there easy. The location is perfect for attending conferences at the Conference Center, just two block away when you go through the parking ramp to 3rd St. The only restaurant is a small coffee shop, but the limited menu is excellent and cooked to order. There is also a little store in the lobby where you can purchase breakfast cereal. If you buy yogurt in the coffee shop, you have a complete breakfast very inexpensively. There are also several restaurants within one block of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Ohio River
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Manycruises
Thank you for your kind words about our fine hotel! We strive to make every guests' stay impeccable. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was a wonderful hotel! The location is amazing, right on the strip of restaurants, bars, and attractions, close to the trams, and close to 4th Street Live. The staff was the nicest, most helpful I have ever encountered. They would do anything to make your stay pleasurable. The breakfast restaurant was very good, and the price was right for everything. They have a tram to get you from the airport and back to it for no charge. This was one of the best experiences with a hotel I have had in a very long time. I cannot recommend staying anywhere else!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
Anna Marie F, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your patronage. Our staff makes this hotel a very special place. We are pleased that you found The Bistro to be delicious and priced right; that is an important combination! We hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed on Memorial Day weekend for a wedding. Immediately upon arrival at 2am, after a long delayed flight, I was quickly checked in, upgraded to a suite and settled in for the night.

The next morning, I slept in and enjoyed the soft but supportive bed with quality white linens. The room was immaculate with high end soap, conditioner and lotion samples. Upon leaving the hotel for the day for some sightseeing, the front desk staff was helpful in assisting me with any questions I had about the area. The hotel is conveniently located downtown, which is clean, felt safe and had many shops and places to eat.

Joan, a shuttle driver and front desk attendant was kind, helpful, funny, charismatic, and went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable.

Here are a few examples of what I am talking about:

1. The kitchen was closed at 12:00 am when I returned from the wedding, but the bar staff happily made me a huge order of French fries.

2. Joan dropped us off and picked us up from Melwood Art Center where the wedding was held. This is outside her zone but she helped me out anyway.

3. The front desk staff coordinated all taxi needs without fail or mistake.

4. Every staff member I encountered was smiling, happy and thoughtful.

This hotel must take good care if it's staff. It shows in their attitude and demeanor.

Thank you Marriott for a great weekend!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank GannawayLaw
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We work hard to provide excellent service but nothing can be accomplished without a wonderful and caring STAFF! Jone is such a genuinly sweet lady and it shows through her caring demeanor...I will be sure to let Jone know of your compliments! I am happy to know we were able to get that midnight snack for you...late night french fries are the best.

We hope to have you visit us again!