“Amazing find!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Downtown

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 South Second Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #25 of 95 hotels in Louisville
York, Pennsylvania
“Amazing find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was a wonderful hotel! The location is amazing, right on the strip of restaurants, bars, and attractions, close to the trams, and close to 4th Street Live. The staff was the nicest, most helpful I have ever encountered. They would do anything to make your stay pleasurable. The breakfast restaurant was very good, and the price was right for everything. They have a tram to get you from the airport and back to it for no charge. This was one of the best experiences with a hotel I have had in a very long time. I cannot recommend staying anywhere else!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Anna Marie F, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your patronage. Our staff makes this hotel a very special place. We are pleased that you found The Bistro to be delicious and priced right; that is an important combination! We hope to see you again soon.

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed on Memorial Day weekend for a wedding. Immediately upon arrival at 2am, after a long delayed flight, I was quickly checked in, upgraded to a suite and settled in for the night.

The next morning, I slept in and enjoyed the soft but supportive bed with quality white linens. The room was immaculate with high end soap, conditioner and lotion samples. Upon leaving the hotel for the day for some sightseeing, the front desk staff was helpful in assisting me with any questions I had about the area. The hotel is conveniently located downtown, which is clean, felt safe and had many shops and places to eat.

Joan, a shuttle driver and front desk attendant was kind, helpful, funny, charismatic, and went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable.

Here are a few examples of what I am talking about:

1. The kitchen was closed at 12:00 am when I returned from the wedding, but the bar staff happily made me a huge order of French fries.

2. Joan dropped us off and picked us up from Melwood Art Center where the wedding was held. This is outside her zone but she helped me out anyway.

3. The front desk staff coordinated all taxi needs without fail or mistake.

4. Every staff member I encountered was smiling, happy and thoughtful.

This hotel must take good care if it's staff. It shows in their attitude and demeanor.

Thank you Marriott for a great weekend!

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We work hard to provide excellent service but nothing can be accomplished without a wonderful and caring STAFF! Jone is such a genuinly sweet lady and it shows through her caring demeanor...I will be sure to let Jone know of your compliments! I am happy to know we were able to get that midnight snack for you...late night french fries are the best.

We hope to have you visit us again!
Louisville, Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My wife and I are from Louisville but we decided to get a room for the night just to escape from our teenage boys for some quiet time. The property is very nice, well kept, and clean. It is close to many restaurants and a nice lounge. We had a balconly room facing the KFC Yum! Center (Basketball Arena) and that is great for people watching. The staff is extremely friendly and accomodating. We have already booked another stay for a concert we will be attending at the Yum Center.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony facing the Yum! Center. Great for people watching.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Anna Marie F, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for selecting us for your "staycation"! We have such a wonderful city to explore.

We look forward to serving you again!
valparaiso, in
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The staff was helpful getting us the rooms we needed. I'll spare the details, but we'd had a very long, stressful day. When we arrived at the hotel I was so pleased to see such very nice accommodations, and at a reasonable price. Our room was prepared just as we had requested with two cribs. We were given a huge accessible room, and extra towels. It just seemed to me that someone put care into making sure we had everything we needed. I really appreciated the helpfulness of the staff, and the nice clean room. It made a terrible day much more comfortable. If you are visiting family at the Kosair Children's hospital I would recommend this hotel. It is less than 10 minutes away, and offers a family rate. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
We truly have some of the friendliest associates here. I am glad that we were able to brighten your day just a bit! We value our relationship with Kosair Children's Hospital and want to take excellent care of their patrons. We hope the person(s) you were visiting are doing well. Thank you for your feedback.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

What a FABULOUS hotel! The entire staff was amazing! They treated us like royalty! We could walk everywhere so location can't be beat-if we come back to the Kentucky Derby we will stay here for sure-this great hotel helped make our trip SO fun!

• Stayed May 2014
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The Kentucky Derby is a truly magical time in Louisville. Come on back next year; we will treat you like royalty all over again!
Camby, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This hotel is in a good location, the price is reasonable, parking was cheap but not super easy to get to. The pool was nice but not terribly warm. Pool towels are tiny. I got a balcony room with a view...I was hoping for a river view but instead it was of a stadium! Breakfast not included. Close to decent restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Very nice hotel. Excellent location, right across the street from the Yum (U of Louisville) Arena. A number of interesting restaurants very nearby. Super staff. Courtesy car for points around downtown (didn't move my car all weekend). Had minor problem in room which was fixed immediately. Room was a little on small side, especially around lavatory. Had breakfast and dinner from bar/bistro; very good, but a limited menu. Since it was part of a package I don't know how to rate the value.

Room Tip: Low floors have noticeable street noise (but it was Derby weekend).
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Anna Marie F, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for your review and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you had time to enjoy our pool facilities and I truly apologize if the temperature was not to your liking. I have made our Chief Engineer aware and know that he will make sure the pool is at a satisfactory temperature. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the near future.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Downtown? Share your experiences!