“Weekend stay for wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Downtown

You added Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 South Second Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #21 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Ashland, Kentucky
“Weekend stay for wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Enjoyed our stay for a family wedding. Booked a block of rooms.Room was very clean and spacious.Coffemaker worked well.Great view of downtown. Looked out on the Yum Center. Cafe was very nice. Check in and out was streamlined .Front desk worker did a great job.Only thing we would have liked was a microwave /fridge combo.Parking garage was attached to hotel and was discounted and put on hotel bill.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Lebanon, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I am not sure if it was because i booked on business rate, but I got free breakfast. Breakfast is a bit different than usual courtyard - it is kind of a cafe setting. You can pick things up at counter order order cooked from their (limited) menu. I just grabbed a yogurt parfait to go. The bar is the same setting. Was not to my liking - small space, small TV/s just not a comforting drinking atmosphere. Rooms were fine. Easy walk to 4th street.

Annapolis, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I wish I could post pictures of my room on here. The location is great as it is very convenient to many restaurants and the Yum Center. I will also parking is convenient and the lobby is very nice and updated. This is where the positives end! My room is on the eighth floor and the wall is literally open with wires exposed due to water damage. Paint chips are all over the floor as well. The room smells of must and smoke even though it is a non-smoking room. The bathroom is disgusting!!! Sadlt the broken tiles do not cover up the left over pubic hairs from the previous guest! I stay in hotels over 150 nights a year for work and this room is the worst I have ever stayed in. I am a Marriott Platinum Elite member and this room actually has me considering as switch to Hilton! You deserve better! Stay elsewhere!!!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

I got this hotel through Priceline and was satisfied with the price. Check in was very convienent since the person at the front desk explained everything. Check out wad fine also. Only problem I had was when I placed my luggage in the car and came back to print out directions since I was traveling a long distance and didn't want to rely solely on GPS. I printed out one route but as I attempted to print out another, nothing came out. I figured that I would "go with the flow" and use the GPS on my phone. As I got up, I noticed that the lady that was cleaning the lobby was looking directly at me with a smug look. I believe she told the individual at the front desk to stop the prints. If it was a problem, she should had said something about it. This would have been a pleasant experience except for that one problem. Word for management... People like that do not help your business.

• Stayed August 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was responsible for 5 room nights including mine on a recent stay. My room was an absolute wreck. The lobby appeared to be to a different hotel. I am from Louisville and selected this hotel over all others. I was shocked, embarrassed, and disappointed in the room quality. My room had extensive stains in the bathroom, furniture that was heavily worn, and fixtures that were indicative of a hotel built many years ago with maintenance deferred at all opportunities. The manager at checkout said "the rooms are due for an update.” To make matters worse, the bill rate for the rooms we occupied exceeded rents I have paid in many other large cities.

Room Tip: Inquire if the room has been updated since Aug 2012. If not, look elsewhere.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a concert at the Palace. The hotel has a free van shuttle which will take you to nearby events which was easy and convenient. The room was clean and comfortable as most all Marriotts are. I did have an over charge on my bill which i had to call about. The Hotel removed it when I called them.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

The room and halls lacked the style and aesthetics seen in the lobby. The bathroom felt like a hospital bathroom, but not as clean looking. But the bed was so comfortable! We were able to walk to our destinations without the crowds. The food was over priced in the hotel, but just down the road around the block are plenty of other options. Besides the bed, the best part was the $6 parking. Way nicer garage than the Galt.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Downtown? Share your experiences!