“Best value in downtown Louisville” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Louisville Downtown

Hotel Louisville Downtown
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Louisville
Hotel Louisville Downtown
Save Saved
You added Hotel Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
120 W. Broadway, Louisville, KY 40202 (Old Louisville)   |
Ranked #64 of 95 hotels in Louisville
Alabama
“Best value in downtown Louisville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

I can recommend the Hotel Louisville Downtown for anyone visiting the Louisville area. It couldn't be any easier to reach from I-65, just being a short block and a half from road. That being said, I never heard any road noise during my stay. The room was neat, clean and well furnished, although an extra bedside stand would have been handy with double occupancy. Beds were comfortable and came with 3 3/4-size pillows, each.

The hotel staff were pleasant and helpful, including front desk and service personnel. The hotel is only a couple blocks from the theater and entertainment district. It is quite convenient.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
lawrenceburg ky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

I traveled to Louisville for a training session and was booked into this hotel. It is in one of the bad parts of Louisville; don't go out alone at night! The air conditioning was turned off the entire time I was there, even though the weather outside was quiet warm. I was unable to sleep because the room was so hot! My last night there a nice maintenance man did bring me a fan but that didn't help much. I did open the window but I was afraid to leave it open while I was asleep. Also, the mattresses were extremely uncomfortable. There was a candy wrapper under the bed, and I didn't leave it there. One of my coworkers said that while we were there the hot tub was closed down with a red sticker, not sure why. Also, the pool looked really dirty.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
SOSinNC, General Manager at Hotel Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, April 8, 2009
Greetings, fizzle7033, and thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as we can. I apologize that your experience at our hotel was less than 100% to your satisfaction.

I am sorry that you experienced difficulty with the air conditioning in your room, and that our efforts to correct this were not sufficient to keep this from blemishing your visit. I was glad to read that our staff made efforts to try to make you more comfortable.

Except for the occasional panhandler, (which is unfortunately truly a stain on the reputation of our entire downtown community), our neighborhood, which is dominated by one of Kentucky’s largest community colleges, has few reported crimes and a positive reputation.

Our hot tub was closed from approximately 4PM on April 1st until 11:00 AM the next morning to enable us to adjust the chlorine content in the spa (the chlorine content was too high). I do apologize for this inconvenience.

Again, we appreciate and value your observations as your feedback is invaluable in meeting and exceeding your expectations, and those of our future guests. Thank you for the comments that you have shared with us and the fellow Tripadvisor members.

Yankton, SD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

This was the third year in a row that we have stayed in this hotel for the annual business trip to Louisville. It had been a Holiday Inn, but is no longer supported by them. The decor is old, rooms are marginal. Noise level was terrible (mechanical clunking and guests in the hallway). When the front desk was called (do to a social gathering occurring across the hall at 11pm) they did show up and apparently talked to the guest, but after they left it just started up again. Disappointing that follow ups were not done. I will compliment the courteous van driver, he was very friendly and made it a point to help us find good places to eat downtown and arrange pick-ups afterwards. The restaurant had terrible food for the evening. Breakfast buffet was ok. The internet speed was marginal and spotty. I could not recommend this to someone that I wanted to have a good night sleep and pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
SOSinNC, General Manager at Hotel Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, March 23, 2009
Greetings,Geo_6-Pack……. and thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate having you as a guest at our hotel, and thank you for the comments that you have shared with us and the fellow Trip Advisor members.

I want to apologize that your experience at our hotel was less that 100% to your satisfaction. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. An undisturbed night’s sleep is certainly a big part of your comfort, and I am sorry that this was not the case on your recent visit.

I was glad to read that we did respond promptly to assist with the noise in the hallway, but troubled to learn that some noise continued, as our subsequent visits to your floor were noted as all quiet. It is truly unfortunate that your comfort was disturbed by the inconsideration of others, and I am glad that, as you know, our desk staff discounted your room, by one third of your rate, as a token of our concern prior to your departure.

Your kind words for our van driver are appreciated, and I apologize that you did not enjoy your dining experiences here at the hotel. We did show some intermittent signal interruptions with our internet provider during your visit, and were glad to see that these were corrected by our third party provider soon after they were reported.

Again, we appreciate and value your comments and patronage, as your feedback is invaluable in meeting and exceeding your expectations, and those of our future guests.

Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

I have used this hotel for an annual trip for 4 years now, but never again. When I found out this place was no longer a holiday inn I hoped that maybe the new owner would try to clean it up a little, wrong. The room rates are way out of line for the circa 1982 decor. I kind of felt like I should have kept my shoes on in the bathroom. The room had poor ventalation so we had to sleep with the windows open in feb. No fan in the bathroom. We had an issue with one of the hotel's complimentary services. When I tried to resolve it the second shift manager was very rude, trying to make a staff mistake look like my fault. No offer to comp the room or meal coupons or any other attempt to make things right after I made it very clear that I was unhappy with my stay. I just feel like there is no customer service anymore and will never stay there again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Greetings, redfarmer……. and thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I want to apologize that your experience at our hotel was less that 100% to your satisfaction. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as we can.

I regret that you encountered some problems with the housekeeping and maintenance of your room. We do have maintenance and housekeeping staff available from 7AM to 11PM to assist our guests and a manager on duty at all hours, and we encourage our guests to bring anything to their attention that might enhance their visit.

Our hotel has refreshed with a four million dollar renovation, which was completed in late 2007, for which we were the proud recipient of the Cornerstone Award from the Louisville Downtown Management District for significant contribution to the revitalization of downtown Louisville.

I am sorry that our staff did not fully communicate the limits of our complimentary transportation. We are unfortunately not able to provide complimentary transportation to some areas of Louisville during major shows and/or expos at the Fairgrounds, as traffic congestion in these areas often turn a ten minute trip into an hour’s journey. It’s evident that transporting one or two persons into such an area would not be just to other guests asking for our services, which is why our service does not extend to this area. I was glad to note that your $20 taxi fare to return you from the fairgrounds was promptly refunded to you by our Manager on Duty.

Again, we appreciate and value your comments as your feedback is invaluable in meeting and exceeding your expectations, and those of our future guests. Thank you for the comments that you have shared with us and the fellow Trip Advisor members.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2008

Just to let everyone know this is no longer part of the Intercontinental Hotel Group. We stayed for one night while visiting Fort Knox and the Slugger Museum. The check in clerk seemed to have a problem with my double barreled name and he struggled to find the reservation. Eventually we got our room. They are obviously making the transition from a Holiday Inn to an independent, so you will get a mis match of cups, toiletries and so on. This didn't bother us as the rooms were clean as was the bathroom. Once we mastered the showerhead everything was fine. The bar is ok if a little quiet but they have free food on 6-7 and a guy making music to three people.
The location could be classed as dubious, but ok if you keep your wits about you. It is about 10-15 minutes walk from 4th Street live where they won't let you in wearing Timberland Boots as we found out to our chagrin.

• Liked — Clean Rooms
  • Disliked — Check in
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
SOSinNC, General Manager at Hotel Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, February 26, 2009
Hello, Spiderpig41 and thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I do want you to know that we appreciate having you as a guest at our hotel, and would like to thank you for the comments that you have shared with the fellow Trip Advisor readers.

We have completed the transition from our past Holiday Inn affiliation and have indeed emerged as the Hotel Louisville Downtown. We thank you and our other guests for their patience during the few weeks we did provide some mismatched articles. I do apologize that your reception was delayed and we were not able to get you promptly to your room. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention.

Again, we appreciate and value your comments and patronage. If I may be of service to you, please contact me at (502) 582-2241.

Columbus, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

This was a decent place. The bedding was newer, They had a pillow menu. It is a short drive to Bardstown road. We stayed for 2 nights. Our room had a lovely view of Ralley's fast food where I enjoyed watching many homeless people panhandle for money. I was a little worried about the car but they had a security guard on duty. They had free parking which is rare for a downtown hotel anywhere. The staff was nice and helpful. over all it was a good stay.

• Stayed September 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Greetings, fylbrik, and thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We appreciate having you as a guest at our hotel, and thank you for the comments that you have shared with the fellow Trip Advisor members.

Thank you for noting the free parking (which is indeed a rarity in at a downtown hotel) and the security of our parking lot. We do in fact have officers in the hotel to enhance the security of our guests 24/7. I am sorry that you witnessed one of the few stains on our downtown Louisville community. Our hotel and the local hotel, restaurant, and business community is organizing to take steps to ask that the local Metro Council Government revisit what appears to be an ineffective city ordinance, so that panhandling can be eliminated from our streets.

Again, your comments and patronage is appreciated.

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

We stayed at this hotel because we were going to see Churchill Downs and tour the Louisville Slugger Museum. The staff was very friendly, the room was clean, and the kids loved the pool. The hotel restaurant had reasonable prices although we did not eat there. We walked to 4th Street Live and had dinner. Then took the trolley around town.

• Stayed August 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Louisville Downtown? Share your experiences!