“Basic and Functional” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
united kingdom
“Basic and Functional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

A functional holiday inn near the airport.The rooms average and the beds comfortable. The staff were very busy which made checking in slow but they were competent and friendly. The breakfast was good though!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Got a great Hotwire deal on this hotel over Memorial Day weekend. Our room was a spacious king and was clean. My only complaint is that I thought breakfast was included with our room, but it wasn't. The front desk clerk rattled off breakfast times when we were checking in, and it seemed like it was included. So my husband and I helped ourselves to the breakfast buffet and we ended up having to pay over $30 for both of us! BEWARE, BREAKFAST IS NOT INCLUDED!

Room Tip: Ours was a corner room, and the front desk clerk told us they are bigger. Our room was plenty spaci...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
aurora, on
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The lobby and room were very nice. I was there on business travel for 2 nights and did not use the pool and gym and did not eat at the restaurant. I would stay there again for business travel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Stayed there one nit and was Ok - room was a bit dingy

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I usually stay downtown but there were two events on, so I booked in at the Holiday Inn. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was kind of small but had lovely modern decor, lots of tv chanels (with a large flat-screen tv), a microwave and fridge, and great Bath and Bodyworlks toiletries. Even though I faced a busy street, there wasn't any traffic noise and I only heard the odd plane. The staff was very friendly. The pool and exercise room were really small but adequate. The business center is a bit of a joke- there are 2 computers but they run Works instead of Word. I had a great burger at the restaurant but breakfast the next morning was only o.k. (and it was expensive and slow). There are limited other options for food in the area and unless you are there for the fairgrounds, you will want a car. There is a shuttle to the airport, which is very convenient. I would stay here again if I needed an airport hotel in Louisville.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
suburbs of indy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I booked through Hotelplanner.com and did check reviews on tripadvisor.com as usual. I was happy with the price and I guess you get what you pay for. It is a littel on the older side and I guess my three complaints are:1. I think the front desk was understaffed but she was very friendly 2. the restaraunt food is TERRIBLE, I mean the coke was flat and I got the quesadilla and it was a bunch of processed food, the rest of our party all complained about the quality of the food. We ate one meal there and never again during our stay 3. the AC was too rattly and loud and it kept me up all night. Happily only there for one night so I could deal with it. I would probably stay again for a one night tourney.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
home
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

We stayed here on a trip to Six Flags.... this was a GREAT hotel! The room was large and comfy, the beds and pillows were sooooo soft/comfy! The pool was HUGE, CLEAN and we had it all to ourselves! The breakfast was at their resteraunt, but all the kids ate free and it was better than any "chain" resteraunt that you would eat at! Yolanda makes waffles and eggs to order... YOU ROCK YOLANDA! Great hotel, great stay!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Louisville I-264 Airport East? Share your experiences!