“Out of my comfort zone but turned out ok...” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #65 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
“Out of my comfort zone but turned out ok...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Here's the thing. I'm on a long road trip. I drove a long way to spend the weekend with my brother who is in Louisville working right now. I booked the hotel online and never thought a thing about it.
When I got to the hotel, I went to check in and although they had my reservation, they were having trouble getting me checked in since I booked the room through a third party site. Well, they gave me my room key and that was good enough for me so off I went.
First thing, yes the hotel room I had needs some updating. There's no getting around that. I am not a snobby type of person and I don't want to sound like that, but, I am use to staying in nicer places. I don't mean crazy expensive places or ritzy ditzy ones but just a nice comfy place that's quiet and smells good.
The good thing about this place is, it was easy for me to find the places I wanted to go, the pool area is nice and I liked that. The staff is friendly but my favorite person there was Sarah. She was really helpful and friendly and easy for me to click with. And I had a crazy moment but she fixed it.
Here's what happened. After I got my key I went to my room and to sleep. Well at 7 am someone tried getting in my room because I guess the night shift didn't get me checked in!!! Well Sarah straightened the mess out and the manager was nice and made up for it! So for that I am grateful. If I ever manage to go back to Louisville I would stay there again. IF they gave me an updated room and hopefully Sarah was still there (that would be even better.)
I was not crazy about the night shift people. They were friendly but nowhere near as much as Sarah, and nowhere near as helpful.
Ms. Pat in the dining area is also wonderful and refused to let me tip her after she heard about my ordeal so I just left the tip and a note in an envelope at the front desk for her so she didn't know it was from me.
So here's what I think. It's old but it's not so bad. Update the rooms, put Sarah in charge of training the rest of the people,keep ms pat in the dining area and great day don't charge for breakfast!
So fancy nancy (as my sister in law teasingly calls me) says you'll be fine people. Give them time and they'll get it all updated and it'll be great but for now it's ok and doable.

Stayed August 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville Southwest, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Beverly G,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are pleased to know you had a wonderful experience during your stay. However, we apologize for the shortfalls you noticed. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed here for the PGA Championship this weekend. Only there for 2 nights, and only in the room to sleep and shower, so it was okay. Hotel is very dated but they are doing the best with it... And it was aceptable to be and I'm very picky.. LOL Front Desk Staff were great when we arrived.

Room Tip: It's Close to Church Hill Downs (7 minutes) so it would be a great place to stay for the race!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This motel is a little dated but very well maintained and clean.The staff was very courteous and helpful at all times.We stayed at this location for a week on business and were treated like family.The dining room was comfortable and clean.In the morning at breakfast we were greeted by a lovely woman named Pat she is a true professional.She only had to wait on you once than every morning after you never had to ask for coffee or any kind of juice because she would remember all her guest needs from day to day,She was truly unbelievable.

Room Tip: Our room was away from the elevators and were quit,Did not hear anybody complain.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

What they lack in updates and amenities they make up for in effort! Front desk really goes the extra mile. Jeris in particular really is one of the best front desk personnel I have encountered and I travel FREQUENTLY (Platinum).

• Stayed July 2014
Wil P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville Southwest, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear DGW44,

Thank you for your kind remarks we take pride in our service and Jeris is a big part of that, so thank you again. We are currently working on a plan to update the property so please come back and let us know how you feel about the improvements we’re making. If there’s anything we can do for you in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards
Columbia, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here during a recent trip to Louisville. The hotel is nice but needs a little updating. The bathroom was very tiny and there was no exhaust fan so the mirror fogged up after a shower. Most of the outlets were in sad shape....some were even loose in the wall! Our room was clean. The bed seemed a little worn out and was too soft for our taste. All the hotel staff we encountered were super nice and friendly. On our first morning we stopped for breakfast and there was only one waitress working. She was working very hard to wait on all the tables but still had a smile on her face. Several of the other employees of the hotel came to her rescue and pitched in clearing tables and waiting on customers. Overall a decent stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lisa L,

Thank you for your comments and I’m glad to hear that my team provided you with the service you hoped for. I have taken note of the deficiency and have given them to my operations team to take care of. If remember anything else that could have enhance your stay please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We were stuck in Louisville because of a cancelled flight and our night in shining hotel armor, Derek, turned a terrible situation into a pleasant evening. He was so kind upon our arrival and did everything to make our stay pleasant. Our experience was a pain, but he was amazing and we are so grateful!!

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Emily B,

Thank you for kind remarks, I know the impact that Derrick has and he has saved me on many occasion so I share in your sentiments. I'm glad to hear that we were able to take care of you and your family in the middle of an unpleasant situation. If there's anything we can do for you in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us we're at your disposal.

ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This isn't a BAD hotel; it is just old and tired. Smallest bathroom I have ever seen. My husband had to get out of the bathroom if I wanted to get in to get a kleenex or he had to get it! Tiny! Not enough light in the bathroom. The room faced an ordinary street yet I have never heard so much noise in my life. I think we heard every car out there. Did not help when the fire alarm was pulled about 10pm and several fire engines arrived only to depart one by one within a half hour. The pool was crowded to the gills with two groups of Black youngsters who did not appear to be staying at the hotel. My husband said they walked out of the pool, wet, and got into a car. Who would do that if he was staying at the hotel? My mattress was worn out. The pull out sofa mattress was even worse, not to mention the sheets were missing, the pillows were missing. And the sheets did not fit right. Kept coming off. Seriously, I would take a pass unless-- like us-- you could not get a room elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville Southwest, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear yearbook1,

Thank you for your staying with us. We apologize for the experience you had with your room accommodations and the challenges you had with the noise. Your concerns have been taken note of and we will certainly focus on improvements to ensure that this type of situation does not reoccur. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again.

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Louisville Southwest? Share your experiences!