“Very friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 95 hotels in Louisville
Bucyrus, Ohio
“Very friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Friendly staff. Great room. Comfy bed. Easy access to the highway.Two things bothered me. I would have liked a microwave and frig. in the room,,at no extra charge. The wi- fi was slow and I kept getting kicked off. I rely on the internet for paperwork and communications. Sense I have a lot of that, I spend a great deal of time in my room and don't take breaks for a dinner out or trips to the vending area to beverages.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Wil P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville Southwest, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear indj2,

Thank you for your kind remarks and we appreicate any information that you have to improve our service for the futrure. We're currently looking into upgrading our internet for individual like yourself and we hope to make that happen soon. If you can think of anything else that we can do to improve our quailty service for you and our other guest for the the future, do not hestiate to comment.

Wil Prinkleton

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

When I looked at the rooms and amenities on the hotel website they looked impressive. We had a room with a pullout bed. The pullout was broken and very stained. I reported this to the desk. There response: OK,tthanks for telling us. The amenities were not as pictured. The fitness center did not have the brand of equipment shown on the website, no towels and dirty.

Very noisy hotel.

The free coffee in the lobby was great.

• Stayed December 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville Southwest, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear casiesmom,

Thank you for your review. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering a world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Most importantly, I'd like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Connie D
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have stayed in a number of hotels from different chains over the last 15 years and this was by far my worst experience at a hotel. We arrived in our room with our 10 month old daughter and the room did not have the sleeper sofa, pubic hair on our bed spread, a cup of coffee sitting on the dresser, and a filthy wash cloth in the bathroom that appeared to have been used to clean the room.

Room Tip: Please do not stay here until they get the cleaning crew revamped.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville Southwest, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Monty3013,

Ben J
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of the month for a wedding. The lady at check in was very friendly and one of the housekeepers welcomed us with a great smile, but that was the only redeeming quality.
The hotel was apparently renovated in 2011, but I don't think they did a good job. The elevator was scary to be in - very rickety and loud. The carpets were dirty and extremely old. Our toilet took forever to finish flushing.
Our first night, we decided to go to the bar and grab a couple drinks...my friend and I are both 23 years old and working adults. The bartender saw us sit down and said "Wow, I will definitely need to see your ID. You do not look old enough to drink." We showed our ids and got our drinks. That is no way to treat customers who are willing to pay for drinks! There was a sign that said "We absolutely check all IDs". Dude, we can read. Thank you very much...

The next morning we went to have breakfast and the elderly woman waiting on us brought me an adult menu and was going to bring my friend a kids menu. Again i stress that we are 23 years old! The lady said that a lot of people pretend to be younger to eat on the kids menu...how old do you have to be? 12. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!

Other than these issues, we went down to the front desk a couple times, and had to wait for the agent because they were outside smoking in front of the building (not welcoming for guests to see), or in the back. I waited 10 minutes once just to get a safety pin. When the girl finally came up to the desk, a bus pulled into the parking lot, and she said with great astonishment "Oh no, are we expecting a tour?" Go in the back and be frustrated, don't take it out on the guest in front of you!

Again I say, "Are you kidding me???!!!"

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chris N, Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville Southwest, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
andrewsb1990,

Thank you for your feedback and bringing your concerns to my attention. As we strive to provide perfect 10 service sometimes we have a hiccup and this is that time. Rest assured, this is going to be used as a training session for every department within the hotel so we can get back on the track of providing the perfect 10 stay.

Chris N
Owensboro, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel because it was close to SDF and I had a very early flight the next morning. Upon arriving the girl at counter was pleasant enough and answered a couple of questions that I had about the room and local places to grab a late dinner. When I returned to the hotel I noticed the parking lot was dimly lit. Not safe. However, there was a large bright light fixated to a flag pole that lit up the front side of the building. The rooms didn't even have curtains thick enough to block out the obnoxious light glaring through your window. The beds were neatly made, but the rest if the room needed a good cleaning. There was still soap residue dripping down the sides of the bathtub. The toilet needed to be cleaned. There was a very long piece of hair left in the hairdryer in the bathroom and another one by the sink bowl. The mattress was so uncomfortable I tossed and turned all night and the pillows were worse. Extra hard or squishy soft were your choices. The entire hotel needed an update. Paint was chipping on just about every door frame I passed. The wallpaper was stained and peeling. The carpet was old, outdated, and stained. The vending machines were either empty, not working , or poorly stocked. ( I ended up loosing $2 just trying to get a soda.) Only one elevator was operational so you waited forever for the one that was working. It was so tiny if you had more than. 2 people with luggage you couldn't fit inside of it. Around. 2am a group of loud, drunken guests decided to crank up the stereo in their vehicle in the parking lot downstairs. When I tried to check out the next morning I waited at the front desk for 10 minutes because the attendant was outside drinking coffee and smoking. Needless to say I didn't get any sleep whatsoever and I wouldn't stay here again. I would've been more comfortable sleeping in my car!

• Stayed October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville Southwest, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Rosepetals818,

Thank you for taking the time to provide thorough feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations and service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. We would like to follow up with you directly and have sent you a Private Message.

Adrian D
Scottsboro, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I recently stayed 3 days and nights at this hotel. I was greeted at check-in by David that was very pleasureable to speak with. David helped with my reservations with ease. When i arrived at the room my key didn't work correctly, and had to go back dow to the desk and asked for assistance. He politly informed me that it be only a moment and he could help me. David took the time to leave his busy counter and escorted me to the room wher he instructed me on the proper way to use the key and open the door by turning the knob a certain way. As I entered the room I could not believe how large the room was, a huge King bed, a sofa sleeper, desk with all hook ups for a computer, and a conservative size bathroom.
I had the privilage of visiting the resturant the next morning and the food was excellant. The group that I was with had our training nsessions at the hotel Preakness Room (very nice). We were served lunch all three days during our training. The meals could not have been any better, there were lots and it was Master chef style foods. I would definitely return to this holiday inn during my travels. I only have one question, the citrus mint face and body soap was so good to my skin, where can I purchase some for myself?
Rick M

Room Tip: Room that are in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chris N, Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville Southwest, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Rickey M,

Thank you for your kind words. It is our pleasure to make your stay with us as enjoyable as possible. The meetings your company had was also a delight for us as we were able to make a group happy and well fed. The soap that you are refering to is through Bath and Body Works, however, if you contact me at the hotel I am more than happy to send some your way.

Chris
Huntingdon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

After acquiring this hotel with a great rate on Hotwire, we were not sure what to expect. The area is not the best but the staff is! They were so helpful in giving directions, and even printing them off for us! The rooms have been updated and were clean. You are greeted with fresh fruit water and coffee with flavored creamers... a plus in my book! Although breakfast does not come with your stay, a Bob Evans is nearby. So if you are planning to explore the Louisville area, it is very close to the interstate, a clean hotel and most of all very friendly and exceptional customer service!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chris N, Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville Southwest, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Tim J.

Welcome to the Holiday Inn Louisville Southwest family! I am thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay. Our goal is to make every guest that comes through our doors like a family member and from you review I see you are just that, our newest member. I am sorry you opted for Bob Evans instead of our restaurant, however there is always next stay and I will evern prepare your meal myself!

Been to Holiday Inn Louisville Southwest? Share your experiences!