“OK Stay - But Property Needs Attention and Upgrades” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #57 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
mississippi
“OK Stay - But Property Needs Attention and Upgrades”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

The front desk and bar staff here are very friendly - which made up for a lot of property short-comings.
I am not sure how this property is showing the new HI logo - there are a lot of old issues such as the tube tv. The wifi did not work in my room, but there was a wired option that at the desk that worked. They were painting internal doors and did not hang any wet paint signs - so I got a hand painted pushing open one of the hallway doors.
The old style floor ac unit was loud and did make for a restful sleep. The exposed wiring connections under the unit did not make me very comfortable.
There is a free airport shuttle that runs on demand - so that was very convenient.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Jodi S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville Southwest, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Your comments about our staff and service are greatly appreciated. I sincerely apologize for the experience and some of the concerns you had with our property. Please know that these issues have been dealt with. We are dilligently doing everything we can to correct these issues and greatly appreciate your patronage. Since your visit in September we have upgraded all rooms with 32" flat panel HD TV's, and we are in the process of installing wireless internet access in all rooms too. We do hope you will consider giving us a second opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

This location is to be avoided. Front desk personnel are very poorly trained. There is no wifi in this location, except in the lobby (however the front desk employees are unaware of this fact and will not inform you as such). Each room has a high speed modem, but very few of them actually work (don't waste you time calling maintenance or tech support, they will promise to remedy the situation, but in the end, will not). The manager's name is Dave L. Waymire.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of this hotel and the great service I received. The front desk clerks were very happy and friendly. The house keeping staff were very sweet and made sure we had what we needed. The restaurant was clean and very inviting. I would definitely recommend this hotel for any one visiting Louisville. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Gallatin, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I stayed at the Holiday Inn on Dixie Hwy in Louisville for two nights (for a Family Reunion). I was pleasantly surprised because the hotel was MUCH better than the reviews I had read. In fact, I booked the rooms only because it was the hotel for the Family Reunion and where the other family members would be staying. I went prepared to leave and go to another hotel if the hotel was not clean of decent. The Hotel was very clean, nice and what you should expect for the price of under $90 per night. It was not resort quality, but they don't charge resort prices either. The area was not terrible either.

I'm not quite sure why the reviews were so bad - perhaps the hotel has been upgraded. But I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

We stayed here for the Derby. Aesthetically, the hotel appears dilapidated. I expected much more, particularly since the hotel had been relaunched. The room we had, the sofa bed looked as if it were straight off a trash heap. It was beyond worn, added to that, the sleeper was not made and the mattress had huge stains all over the mattress. We had to request bedding for the sleeper.

The next morning, I ran into our housekeeper and asked if there was something that could be done about the mattress or even if they could give us a roll-away. When we returned, the housekeeper had tidied up our room and given us the roll-away as requested. I cannot remember what her name was, but her attentiveness made the rest of the stay very pleasant.

The breakfast was dry on two of the three days that we ate at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

Normally I dont write reviews unless I am just really disappointed with my experience. Stayed here for 3 days for the Kentucky Derby 2011 and willingly paid the outrageous rate of $450+ tax per night for a 2 star no frills hotel. The hotel itself is easy to miss as the facade looks more like an old appartment building or maybe a retirement home. If it wasent for the large holiday inn sign on the street I would drove straight past it. Anyway...its a classic example of where the pictures online vs what you actually get are two very different things. The rooms themselves are ok and have the standard features you have now come to expect of a Holiday Inn (Curved shower curtain rod, decent shower head, different pillows of varying firmness, etc) however still the old school tired dark green carpets, faded wooden furniture and tube TVs. The front desk staff at check in clearly do not enjoy their job and make it fairly obvious to guests in their delivery of "customer service". But as we know there is no such thing as bad employees...just bad managers...and this became apparent on Derby morning when we were trying to get our group together to get on our van to go to the races. The van had pulled up t the front door...The General Manager comes out and in a very irrate tone asks us to move the van so that "his customers could pull up". When I expalined we were cusotmers of the hotel he snapped at me, raised his voice and insisted we move the van immediatley. Anyway...not a pleasent way to start Derby morning nor is it a display of the Southern Hospitality this state is known for. At least now I understand why the employees treat guests here the way they do. There are plenty of other hotels in the area that I would rather stay at next year.

• Stayed May 2011
Meadville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

The hotel is old, the rooms do not have Refrigerators, Microwaves, and the internet is hardly working! Found a couple of bugs of not known origin....On top of it during the night several cars got broken into!!!, You can eat in their restaurant but if your steak is overcooked they will still CHARGE YOUR CARD THE GRATUITY>>>so my recommendation STAY AWAY!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Louisville Southwest? Share your experiences!