“Super 8 off Preston Hwy--great interior” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Louisville Airport

You added Super 8 Louisville Airport to your Saves list
Super 8 Louisville Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4800 Preston Highway, I-65 Exit 130, Louisville, KY 40213-2226 (South Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #61 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky, USA
“Super 8 off Preston Hwy--great interior”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Having lived in Louisville, I know the area off Preston Highway isn't the best. The hotel itself is fine, but it's not in the best part of town--just a head's up! I had to run out to my car around 10pm the night we stayed there and let's just say I wanted to spend as little time as possible in that parking lot at night! However, it was very close off I-65--impossible to get lost and extremely convenient for getting back on the road quickly.

The hotel itself is very nice. Apparently it underwent some renovations recently because our room was very modern and clean!! The bed and pillows were very comfortable. There was also a flat screen on the wall and a modern shelving unit in the room. My boyfriend and I were very impressed!

Our biggest complaint was that the air conditioning wasn't working properly. We tried messing around with it for awhile but since we didn't get to the hotel until later, we figured there wouldn't be anyone around that would be able to come by and fix it at that time of night.

The breakfast also had very few options, but was good enough for us.

All in all, we had a pleasant stay! Thanks Super 8!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Allen C, Manager at Super 8 Louisville Airport, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear EMB2012,

Thank you for your recent visit. I am sorry the A/C did not work properly. When you stay with us again, please feel free to let us know about any issues you have no matter what time it is. We will try and address the situation if possible. We want our guests to have a super stay always.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Loved the laminate floors. Bathroom needs updated. Carpet in hall ways makes you dizzy, bad for depth perception. The cereal was stale, where were the real donuts, not the packaged little debbies. No waffles? bagel / cream cheese?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your comments. We are continually trying to improve upon our property and your feedback is very important to us. We hope to have you stay with us again and see what your response has helped us with.

OWENSBORO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel had a strong smoke odor. The staff were friendly but our clothes smelled as if we were smokers when we left.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dear MELISSA C,

I am very sorry your had a bad experience with us. I assure you all of our rooms are not smokey. Sounds like you may have been booked into a smoking room. Whatever the case was, I hope you will give another chance to give you a super stay.

Bloomington, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

It's a Super 8. You should know what to expect. The room was very nice with tasteful, updated decor, but it could have used a little better cleaning. I didn't examine it too closely...was afraid to...but I know for a fact the edges of the beds had an assortment of dust, crumbs, and dried stuff on them. The bathroom was a little more dated looking than the room itself, but the sink area on the outside was nice.

The desk clerk was very nice when we checked in and offered me a wake up call when she heard I had to catch an early flight. But the hallways were dated and I could hear other guests in their rooms. Also I heard a lot of traffic noise including sirens. I didn't see the area in the daylight, but the parking lot was a bit dark and a little scary looking.

Overall it was a fine place for the 8 hours I spent there. The location is great if you need the airport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear 596Smokey,

Thank you for staying with us. Also, thank you very much for your comments. We always try to take our guests comments and see what we can do to improve our quality.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel was clean, staff was nice, beds were comfortable. They had flat screen TVS and the sink on the outside of the toilet area, which I like. It was no frills but that's what I expected when I booked it. It was a good value...and there were cookies when we checked in =0)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Cristina1180,

Thank you for your kind words. We strive to give you the best value we can. Hope to see you again.

Manager

Been to Super 8 Louisville Airport? Share your experiences!