“Keep looking” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travel Inn

Travel Inn
You added Travel Inn to your Saves list
Travel Inn
3315 Bardstown Road, Louisville, KY 40218 (Formerly Travelodge) (South Side)   |
Ranked #79 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Flint, MI
“Keep looking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2008

I reserved 6 rooms this past weekend to go to the National Quartet Convention in Louisville, KY for my family and friends. I was honestly embarrassed by the condition of the establishment and hated that I was the one responsible for choosing the motel. The rooms were not filthy dirty but were far from clean. Half of the guest room amenities promised were not included. Allow me to highlight a few of my observations from the two nights.

You can enjoy a fresh pot of coffee made from the provided coffee maker providing of course that you bring your own coffee and maybe your own water unless you are ok with filling it from the bathtub as the sink outside the bathroom may or may not work.

Please also make sure that you are really close to the people that you are staying with because if you need more than the two towels you must share with someone else (so let the hairy people shower last).

While HBO 1, 2, and 3 were not provided as promised, free R-rated entertainment was provided from the lovely couple in room 208 that decided to consummate their relationship just outside of their room.

So I do not give you the wrong impression, it wasn’t all negative, there were some positives things to the establishment.

The refrigerator, microwave, lamp, and TV worked well however you must chose which combination you want to use at any given time as they all share a two plug outlet.

For those of you who may suffer from swelling in the legs or recovering from an ankle or knee injury these beds are perfect for you as they will keep you legs elevated over your head at all times.

The rooms are perfect for the couples that prefer different room temperatures. The uniquely designed air conditioner window unit allows your room to cycle plus or minus 5 degrees every half hour allowing the both of you to be comfortable at least once per hour.

You will enjoy the free continental breakfast which consists of a wide variety of two cereals and frozen day old donuts. You will also enjoy the “freshly squeezed” orange juice served directly from the ergonomically designed SunnyD jug.

For those of you who enjoy a good workout while you are away from home, you will enjoy the lavish workout room which consists of a roomy floor that is perfect for jogging in place and push-ups or sit-ups.

All in all we had a good weekend we had many many laughs (most at my expense) at the quality of the motel. We were worried at the security of our belongings in the rooms when we were out and our cars when we were in the rooms over night but we did manage to escape without anything major happening. All that being said; I would not recommend to anyone to stay here especially anyone with small children.

• Liked — Location to the expressway
  • Disliked — The upkeep of the building
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Bay Area
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

I too was fooled by promotional photos of this hotel on other sites and I have had good experiences at other Travelodges but this one is to be avoided at all costs. Overall the property is dilapidated and the first 2 rooms we were given were supposedly "recently remodeled" but had a terrible foul odor and other cleanliness problems. The room we finally stayed in for 1 night didn't smell but was still one of the worst I've ever stayed in. Barely slept. Avoid at all costs.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Smelly and Dirty
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

This has to be the worst hotel stay I've ever encountered! I've stayed in hotels in many, many cities as well as in other countries, and I have to say this is the worst place I've ever had the misfortune to visit. The hotel website painted a wonderful picture of the hotel - rooms looked clean, shiny and new...the reality was vastly different than the "promo" information. For starters, the parking lot was dimly lit and actually a bit frightening even though we checked in as a group of 4. I was incredibly nervous to park my new car on the lot. It was a bit of a shock to wake up the next morning and walk down to my car only to find the back door of an SUV on the ground in front of my car - it was not there the night before, I'd have never parked there if it had been. In fact, I'm pretty sure the vehicle it belonged on was parked next to me the night before, but that vehicle was gone, minus the back door, radio and cd player. Upon check in we were given rooms which were supposed to be single king bed, non-smoking rooms - our reservation was guaranteed in writing with a confirmation number. We were told by the front desk staff that our rooms would be non smoking, but upon arrival at our rooms, we found ashtrays and matches in both rooms. Both rooms reeked of cigarette smoke and some other foul odor which could not be identified. One of the rooms had no heat - mind you it was 28 degrees outside. This same room had obviously dirty linens on the bed, the towels were wet and it was questionable as to whether they were clean or not. When we returned to the front desk to request a different room, the front desk staff were uncooperative and tried to tell us we were too picky. Eventually they agreed to move us to a different room. Unfortunately that room was even worse than the first, as hard as that is to believe. Again, there was no heat in the room. Once again, we returned to the front desk to request we be moved. Again the front desk staff were pretty uncooperative, but eventually moved us to another room. The third room was about the same quality as the two previous rooms, but had the addition of a horrible smell. The manager/owner of this establishment was almost combative when approached about a refund, but that could be from all of the people waiting in the lobby to check out early because of the conditions. Nearly everyone had the same complaints. I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! I give it 2 thumbs down and would give a rating of 0 stars if i could. Reports were that this hotel was under new management and had been recently remodeled. If this is the new and improved version, I'd sure hate to see the old version! Also, note that emergency evacuation information was not listed on the back of the doors and there were no smoke detectors or fire alarms in obvious existence. What a scary place this was! I feel fortunate to be able to check out and leave in one piece!

• Liked — absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — almost everything
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Cincinnati World Traveler
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2006

This hotel's website paints a glowing picture of the facilty and its amenities. Pictures on their webiste show a clean, comfortable room. With this great description and the low, low price, I got fooled! Upon arriving, I was greeted by a hotel clerk who was cooking her dinner on a hot plate in the room behind the counter. The parking lot was dimly lit and the outside was poorly maintained. Upon entering the room I found the wall paper peeling off the wall, a rusty door with the chain guard missing and holes where it should have been, the window curtains falling down (had to pin them up), a bare flourescent bulb above the sink, rust and mold in the tub, unknown stains on the mattress, a phone so dirty I didn't want to use it unless it was to call the police, a TV remote control which was filthy, holes in the sheets and various unknown small particles on the sheets except one item which looked like an eyelash. After about 5 minutes in bed, I just couldn't stand it and left for another hotel down the street. To their credit, they did refund my money. It wouldn't have mattered to me though, I just wanted to get out. Saw a descripton on another hotel website about this property's renovation being completed in October of 2006...it hasn't even started - they should blow it up and pave it over.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — A filthy, dirty scary place
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Travel Inn? Share your experiences!